“Great concept & staff - age is showing”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Barrie, Canada
“Great concept & staff - age is showing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Homewood Suites concept is compelling: large bedrooms with full kitchen and sitting area, breakfast and a light dinner included with full-service business and basic fitness facilities. This property has all these features plus an efficient, friendly check-in team, comfortable bed, free Wifi, and newspapers. Main dislikes: the furniture is getting threadbare, carpets need replacing and the bathrooms need updating. The indoor pool is very small for laps. My coffee maker carafe disappeared on the second day and the decaf tea supply was not replaced. All in all, decent value but the general sense is that this property needs a refurb and more attentive housekeeping.

1 Thank Gary L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We came to visit family and friends nearby. Turned out to be a Great place for the comfort convenience and above all friendliness of the staff and managers. Have stayed in many Hilton properties before but this one is very pleasantly different. The amenities and facilities provided are ideal for a business as well as leisure stay . Already planning our next visit. WMD

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Malvern, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

When approached for the room change never addressed properly. A staff member who is not in the role of providing change of room has helped in changing the room only when I was about to check out the hotel. Manager was seems more of business oriented as he want to sell the smoking rooms as it was agreed at the begining of the stay. Though he promised to clean the smoking odor no effort was made to adheare to it. The managerial staff showed an attitude of customer focused but has major business focused to get more occupancy. Sorry my openion but this is what I get the sense. Except that we enjoyed staying at the hotel. Thanks and regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel itself seemed a little old and tired - dark furniture and dark patterned carpets. It was however clean and the towels with nice and fluffy.

The staff were incredibly friendly from cookies and a complimentary snacks when I arrived to free coffee all the time and complementary breakfast and internet and pop-corn in the room. Managing to do my laundry was also great and at $1.50 for the washer seemed very good too.

I didn't use the gym but it looked ok.

Great Falls, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

As big time Homewood suites fans and Hilton Gold members we were very disappointed with our stay. The service from the front desk and the breakfast help were wonderful but the rooms are dated and dirty. I know this because we switched rooms when we first arrived. We tried two rooms...the first one had large spots on the carpet, cobwebs in the corners and smelled bad. The nice front desk clerk switched us to another room. It didn't smell as bad, but huge stains on the carpet, worn furniture. There was a large red stain right next to the bed...and my husband and I were trying to decide if someone died in the room or perhaps were seriously injured or they were eating a large cherry pie and dropped it on the floor and the maids didn't clean the carpet?? The one thing that I am a little mad about are the wonderful reviews people have left?? Where did you all stay? At the same hotel? Two rooms....count em'...two and both were awful.........

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TheBigelows
JimmyLongbottom, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. First I would like to say I am glad that you were happy with the friendliness and service of our staff. Speaking to the issues you had with the rooms, I couldn't be more disappointed. I personally went to both of the rooms you stayed in when I recieved this review. I did notice the stain that seems to be from red wine and i'm sorry this was not caught before you checked into the room. We have since replaced that section of carpet. We are in the process of completeing renovation projects now that will give a facelift to our rooms. We just refinished all of our bathtubs, added chargeblocks in the guest rooms, installed new RFID guest room locks and ordered the new all white bedding that will be rolling out later this year. It is my plan to have new chairs in the guest rooms in the very near future.
You noted your frustration with the other reviewers and the great experiences they wrote about. I invite you to give us another chance and to show you what they saw and that your experience is not a common one here. If you are back in the area please reach out to me so that I can have a second chance at a first impression.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and to give us valuble feedback so we can continue to improve.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Always the best service...will do anything for you without you needing to ask..anticipates your needs.
Very good breakfast and dinner .... fresh, good variety and well presented.
Danny, the Guest Relations Manager at this location, was very friendly and helpful..(I think I got him into Geocaching)...would go out of his way to make things right.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us! I don't know what Geocaching is but I will be sure to let Danny teach us all. I hope we see you in the future!
Malvern, Pa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

The Hilton Homewood Suites was the PERFECT place for us to stay while "between homes" The staff was courteous....fun...ALWAYS personal and polite and went above and beyond to help us feel at home. The accomodations were perfect: fitness center, internet...etc. And we enjoyed the convenience of the breakfasts/manager's receptions and light suppers. We've told all our friends that we had a super experience with you all. Thank you!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I hope all is well in your new more tropical home. Please stop by for the cookout next time you're in the area. I have ascended to the rank of Master Griller. We loved having you here and you will be missed!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley? Share your experiences!