“Great Place To Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 30 October 2013

If you need comfortable, spacious, quiet place to stay with family or group, this is the place to stay. Not an inexpensive place, but worth what you will pay, especially if you have some type of travel discount. They treat you right when it comes to feeding you breakfast and Monday-Friday even have a night snack/lite dinner food served, which helps with time management if you need to be somewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Good: Check in was smooth. Bed was comfortable and the couch was the most comfortable in-room couch we ever experienced.
Not Good: Morning fire alarm sent guests out in cold for over 30 minutes. When firemen arrived we were told this had occurred previously recently due to something faulty that obviously was not fixed. No sooner were we back in room preparing to shower and housekeeping was trying to get in. They were obviously never notified that we had gotten approval for late checkout still 2 hours away. No apologies were offered and we were never asked about how our stay was at checkout.
Dust, spider webs and banged up furniture were unsightly. No fan in the bathroom resulted in lots of rust. Cleaning left streaks and sticky residue on numerous surfaces such as tables, tv screens, dressers, microwave front, etc. The door security latch was missing screws and broken.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
paultomasetti, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Hello a_mom23 –

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy I had an opportunity to speak directly with you recently and I am thrilled to hear that you feel much better about your experience specifically how we made it right for you. As I mentioned during our phone call, these issues should not have occurred but we take very seriously our commitment to exceptional service and clean, comfortable accommodations. All items that you brought to our attention were immediately fixed and addressed. Furthermore, we have used this experience as a training opportunity for our team.

As you mentioned in your most recent e-mail communication to me… “Your sincere and awesome management response to our concerns has totally renewed our faith in Homewood Suites Malvern. You made us feel like a truly valued guest. We will be back!” We are grateful for the second chance and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best Regards,

Paul Tomasetti

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here while attending a wedding in Newtown Square. We were originally booked in King of Prussia at another hotel, but switched for a better rate and to be slightly closer to the wedding reception site. We are glad we made the move.

The suite was large. Two separate rooms. With a full kitchen/living room area, and a king bedded room. Two large flat screen tvs. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was nice being able to go into the living room and let my husband sleep in. There was a little wear and tear on the one chair, but nothing too off putting.

The breakfast buffet was adequate for our needs. Well maintained with hot and cold foods. The staff was friendly.

We had a little glitch at check in for our prepaid room. When we arrived at 10pm the desk clerk said that we had already checked in. My husband came back out to the car to get our reservation printout and I was pretty annoyed, but we were checked in shortly there after. Guess they should do a better job asking for peoples ID, especially for a prepaid room.

We would stay at this hotel again. We liked the location and except for the one glitch at check in, everything else about our stay was positive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Came back to this hotel after two years. Start of this stay was not the best, our room was not available at checkin. However, receptionist was very understanding and did her best to speed up cleaning.

We had booked a one bedroom suite with two queens. Being upgraded to a two bedroom suite, made fully up for having the room a bit late.

I remember from my last stay the high service level of this hotel. This has not changed.

Suite was in good condition with comfortable beds. Nice to have not only two bedrooms, but also two separate bathrooms.

Again a great stay at this hotel !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

So I stayed here for 3 nights with my wife and on two of the days we requested room service. The service was completed my floor was never vacuumed. Our bed was freshly made and when opened had black hairs inside. In going through the bathroom drawers where the hair dryer was located we found a pair of depends numerous masks and rubber gloves. I do not believe the Hilton provided this for me. The staff was polite and helpful. For the price the room service totally sucked I think I would have preferred to have a clean room when I requested it not all this gross stuff.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
paultomasetti, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hello Draper16-

I want to extend my most sincere apologies for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay with us. These issues certainly are the exception, not the rule as to how we operate and the quality accommodations we strive to provide to each of our guests. Certainly your experience is extremely concerning and unacceptable. Although I cannot change your experience, I can personally assure you we will share this feedback directly with our housekeeping team and management team as it will certainly be used as a training and teaching opportunity moving forward. We expect more from ourselves and we are disappointed we let you down.

I regret you did not bring this issue to our attention during your time with us as we could have made right the situation at the time. I am encouraged and appreciate your recognition of the service you received from our team that you described as polite and helpful. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this circumstance with you in more detail and have an opportunity to make it right. Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback and ultimately to help make us an even better and stronger team. I can be reached at the hotel directly and look forward to hearing from you.

Paul Tomasetti

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay while in the Malvern area. Hotel is very well maintained, staff are very responsive and professional, breakfast was very good, beds were amazingly comfortable, and the entire facility, including pool, is very clean and well maintained. Location of property is conveniently located near King of Prussia mall and QVC Studio. Great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is the fourth time I've stayed at this hotel while attending a dog show in the area. I love that there are fully equipped kitchenettes since I'm not crazy about eating out especially when traveling with the dogs. It's nice just to bring food with me. and have a place for it I also appreciate the spaciousness of the suites and separation between living and sleeping. It's like having a small 1 bedroom apartment (or BIG 1 bedroom apartment if you're from Manhattan!). I highly recommend this hotel, especially for anyone traveling with dogs or children. Face it: having a kitchenette is fab.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley? Share your experiences!