“Who Would Have Thought.....”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Who Would Have Thought.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I have been coming to work in Malvern, PA for over a year. When I went to book a hotel for my stay the week of June 3 - 7th my normal hotel (company spot) was booked up. I chose the neighboring hotel "Extended Stay America" on Morehall Rd. I would have never thought that a non-Marriott or a un-noted four/five star hotel could be so nice and clean. The room and halls smelled wonder, my room was so clean, and so fresh. The rooms have kitchens and the kitchen was spotless, so was the bathroom. I told my co-workers in the meeting this morning how nice this hotel was, no one had a clue, most of them noted that they pass it over when booking if the Marriott is full. I would never hestitate to book here again as I come to Malvern at least four times a year, and stay for a week at a time. I also had problems with not making it in on my first reserved night, and my corporate credit card caused me problems. The friendly staff did not take a lost, they gave me the credit for one night, they were so understanding of my traveling issues! I can't say it enough, but this is a GREAT Hotel!!

Room Tip: The third floor is nice and quite!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MabelGrahamBarnes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my one night leisure stay. The staff was exceptionally pleasant, smiled often, and used my name throughout the time I communicated with them. They responded quickly to my one need and were thorough in explaining all aspects of my stay. The location was quiet yet close enough to Rte 30/Lancaster Pike so that I could access any type of store I could probably want/need.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
GwendolynC
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Malvern. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all the kind words.
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Geri, Devon, Donna and everybody at the desk are very kind and did everything to make my stay really enjoyable. Everything in the hotel is newly remodeled! Location is great. Convenience stores, restaurants and main line Philadelphia is ALL minutes away!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are smoking, but I don't smoke and I couldn't smell any smoke. Roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you so very much for high praise of our Extended Stay America Philadelphia – Malvern property. I am so delighted to hear of the service provided by Geri, Devon, and Donna as our number one priority is making our guests feel at home. We take so much pride in the renovations at this location, so hearing your feedback gives us such great pleasure. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you for all the kind words.
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

When you first walk into any Extended Stay hotel you automatically have certain expectations; friendly staff, clean room. What never ceases to amaze me is how each location still meets these parameters but holds onto it's own identity.

My first contact with this hotel was not a positive one; I called from halfway across the state to make a reservation and was told that they were helping other customers. They would return my call in 10 - 15 minutes to make my reservation...three months later and I'm still waiting for that return call. When I called this time I spoke with Donna. She also was on another line helping a customer and said she would return my call. I relayed my concern about getting a return call because of my past experience. Donna asked that I hold the line for a minute, got back on the phone with me and made my reservation. She addressed my concern with a caring professionalism that can't be taught; it has to be in a person's nature. I regret that during my stay I never got to thank Donna in person.

The hotel is in a great location; between an entrance ramp to the PA Turnpike and Route 30. I was pleasantly surprised how peaceful it was with two highways close by.

The room was spotless and smelled fresh and clean. It appeared to be newly renovated, featured a flat screen television and what felt like a new mattress.

The staff was great and willing to assist with any questions I had.

Keep in mind if you are passing through the area and plan to stop here for one or two nights that the name "Extended Stay" is the mainstay of these hotels. Personally I like seeing people walking their dogs in the morning or hearing kids running down the halls. It makes it more homelike fro me.

An excellent value for an excellent stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Jim,
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such nice things about your experience at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Malvern. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. I do apologize for the initial inconvenience of the reservation process, but delighted to hear of the efforts of Donna. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting on and off since July. Every time we are here, it's the same warm welcoming staff and wonderful rooms. We travel for my husband's job and we have our baby and dog with us which is sometimes hard to handle, but when we arrive at the hotel it's refreshing to come into a clean room and plenty of space. It's also nice to have a kitchenette to prepare our meals in! The staff is so caring and always finds time to play with our daughter and dog (which they both run the halls and act like we are home or something)! We enjoy staying here and it's so close to several shopping areas. Thank you to Dona, Alex, Devon, Kimberly, Martha, Dave, and Mike for everything they have done for us!

• Stayed December 2012
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was so helpful. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

Recently updated hotel that's the best value in the area. Room included new flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed. Donna was especially helpful. 10 minutes to King of Prussia. Nice park with tennis courts across the street.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the renovated hotel and that the staff was so helpful. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Donna at the front desk is the greatest! She goes above and beyond, even during a hurricane when she had to work she was cheerful and helpful as always. The maintenance man, Dave is right on top of things and the house keeping staff is attentive and always has a smile. Also, EVERYONE is patient and great with my kids! If you are here for awhile the crew here will feel like extended family!

• Stayed July 2012
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff was "awsome" to you during your stay. We love hearing that!!. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd.
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
The Desmond Hotel Malvern

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley

Property: Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley
Address: 300 Morehall Road (Route 29), Malvern, PA 19355
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Malvern
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Malvern