“Good lunch and accommodating to needs”
Review of Twenty9

Twenty9
Reserve with OpenTable
Twenty9 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 76 Restaurants in Malvern
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Ave & Route 29
Description: Twenty9 is the newest success from partners Stephen Scutti and Executive Chef Edwin Tietjen, whose jointly-owned restaurant in Media, PA (Stephen's) has been topping the charts since 2003. Now, in concert with Patricia Archie, they have joined forces again to debut Twenty9, an upscale Malvern retreat located in the Great Valley Corporate Center. At 7,000 square feet, this two-level destination is a combined fine-dining restaurant, casual sports bar, and special event venue - all conveniently situated under a single roof. By day, Twenty9 accommodates the thriving businesses in the corporate center and surrounding areas, offering dine-in and delivered lunches, as well as lunch buffets. By night, Twenty9 dons its chic after-dark persona, with a focus on Happy Hour socializing, live music, and leisurely dining overlooking a landscaped panorama. From contemporary dining on the main floor to a sports bar on the lower level, to live music, Twenty9 provides the ideal setting for everyone!
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Visited here for a group work lunch and enjoyed a salad with added shrimp and other heathy ingredients. The menu had lots of variation for all different needs and tastes. I had asked up front if I could get some plain grilled chicken or shrimp and a vegetable if needed and they were fine with that. I had been told via phone that there were gluten free choices listed on the menu that were not on the online menu, but once in the restaurant that was not the case. When I asked about it I was told that most items were gluten free but that also was not really the case - many sandwiches on the menu with regular bread which does contain gluten. This didn't matter much since I was able to find a healthy choice right in the menu and they were willing to accommodate me with something else as long as they had the ingredients so was pleased with that. They also did not call out vegetarian choices but there were options for that. Atmosphere is nice. We dined in and enclosed room with windows looking out to the deck which is used more in warmer months. It's a large establishment with plenty of room. A favorite,of many for after work happy hours. They also offered a lunch buffet that looked good.

1  Thank AmyHWell

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I'll cut to the chase. It's not a bad place at all. But it's not a great place either from my experience. My wife and I have gone 2 times and each time was a different experience. The 2nd trip was our favorite of the 2 where the waitress was really attentive without being overbearing, she had helpful advice on the food and drinks... what more could you ask for. Maybe a renovated patio/sunroom/whatever that room was. It was a room adjacent to the main bar/seating area and it was fine. Just not as nice as the dark wood seating area by the bar, and not as open and outdoorsy as the outdoor patio. It was probably more for overflow I guess. But that's me being critical and trying to find something they could improve on. Truth is the food was good, the service was good and we had a nice time there. And that's the important thing.

1  Thank danxr222
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have only ever gone on a Sunday when the place is empty and we could BYOB. Service has been outstanding. (Jessica) Spicy shrimp appetizer and filet have been our favorites. Of course a coupon always helps. Due to corporate location it is primarily a week day place.

1  Thank Cuervoman
Reviewed 29 December 2013

With six in our party, our dinners went from really good to just okay. The flatbread special was burnt around the edges (I mean black), while the prime rib was excellent. The risotto was dense and not creamy, salads were delicious. Service was very good. This place is in the middle of a corporate center so is more of a lunch-time place. It was pricey. If in the area, I would try this place for lunch but I don't think I'll be back for dinner, as there are many other options in the area.

1  Thank 2collegemom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Very good food and attentive staff. We came for a meal and to chat with friends. Bar scene was festive. Dining room is separated from bar area so it's more quiet if you want that. The building is very attractive old barn/salt box feel. Nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Ppmetzger

Been to Twenty9? Share your experiences!