“Friendly help”

Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My wife & I stayed 2 nights at this motel, paid for a 1 bedroom suite was given a 2 bedroom suite for the same price. The free breakfast was good, large selection. Free wi-fi, free dvd player in room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
michelle f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel when you were in the Malvern area. I’m happy to hear that we were able to upgrade your suite type, and that you enjoyed the breakfast. We are working to make it even better, so please come back to visit us again soon! Michelle Fones, General Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Back when this property was a Staybridge, I was told it was going to go through a major renovation - which it desperately needs. I stay here because my company puts me here - NO MORE. There are too many other, BETTER options, for the price, so please, as my lead line says, don't waste your time. The rooms have not been updated since the 1990's and I shutter to think what is living on the upholstery and carpet that has been around since then. The televisions, big old fat tube televisions with bad pictures and horrible sound, no longer get good reception or even the stations that are listed on the channel card in the room. The remotes don't work either. The "artwork", bolted to the wall (why anyone would want to steal it is beyond me) has been there since the 90's as well. The complimentary breakfast was: empty buffet containers and a non working three legged toaster. A juice machine that didn't dispence juice - overall, a JOKE. The wireless internet is nonexistent and when I complained, I was told that there was a router in each building so...it MUST be me. Oh, and the renovation that had been scheduled has now been put on hold...indefinitely. Poor customer service, at best, and we had to pay the corporate rate for this fleabag which is $139.00 per night!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
JohnBruton1984, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you that Sonesta ES Suites Malvern is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My sister's family and I stayed here for a wedding in Malvern. It was comfortable and very spacious - the 4 of us were in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. There was a kitchenette and free internet too. It was very reasonably priced also.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Sonesta's takeover of the Staybtidge Suites has not gone well so far. The front desk person was less than enthusiastic about my arrival. The breakfast was disorganized and not well stocked. The staff couldn't keep up with the demands of the guests.
The property is full of Dry-rot. The door to our suite had previously been kick in and the strick and hinge screws are coming out. We had to put our valuables and regular luggage back in our car while we were away for the day for fear our room would be broken into.
One would have expect better from Sonesta!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed here for a month while I trained for a new job. As a hotel, has good and bad points. The front office people are not all that professional. The free breakfast is pretty poor. The rooms are comfortable and adequately stocked with kitchen supplies, but no Teflon. The air conditioning is excellent. They have a convenience store with unhealthy snacks, beer, wine, and some frozen tv dinners. The grounds are pretty and fairly quiet. Parking spaces are adequate. The laundry services are free. It's acceptably safe here for kids. There is a basketball court. The swimming pool is clean and its temperature is OK.

That being said, the location is great. The train station is close. The neighborhood is beautiful. Wegman's Market across the street is wondrous -- baked goods, excellent produce, large organic food section, great prepared meals. There is a lovely bike trail next to the hotel (although bike rentals are not easily available, but I walked the trail almost daily). Philadelphia is an easy drive away. Gas stations and ATMs are nearby. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs might be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LadySkiMD
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear LadySkiMD,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I am pleased that overall you liked your room accommodation and decided to stay with us in the future. Our location is an easy access with its proximity to commercial establishments and area attractions. I apologize you found our front office staff not that professional. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff. I am sorry for the quality of breakfast served during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 May 2012

What a well-kept and comfortable resort! Set amidst a beautiful forest, this Staybridge offers lots of awesome perks, like complimentary internet, laundry, breakfast, and an evening reception from Monday to Thursday. The friendly staff is yet another reason to make this a destination worth visiting. All this and a great value as well!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in or near the main building. If the weather is nice, ask for one that faces the fore...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is a slightly older staybridge although I believe it's leaving the group in August 2012. It has a few blocks of rooms and external corridors which is different to the others we've stayed at. It has all the usual facilities, in suite kitchen, free guest laundry, gym etc. We stayed on Thursday night and they had the 'sundowner' buffet of philly steak and soft drinks which was really nice. The girl on the front desk could have been friendlier but maybe she was having a bad day?? Good overall

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Malvern? Share your experiences!