“Great place - beautiful location.”

Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We were welcomed with smiles and friendly conversation. The suite was spacious and complete--could have lived here comfortably for quite a while. Very easy access to state highways. Did not take advantage of full kitchen or pool/work-out facilities, but they looked great. Very large dining room for breakfast buffet--many stations helped to keep traffic moving smoothly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
michelle f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

It’s music to my ears that you were greeted so warmly! We know that there are a lot of hotel choices out there, thank you for choosing us! Please come visit us again soon. Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Excellent hotel w/ friendly staff and wonderful rooms. The 2 bedroom suite was very spacious w/ a sitting room, kitchenette, two full baths, and a large walk-in closet in one of the bedrooms. The place was slightly dated (not the sleek polish of other hotels) but well worth the money. I have already recommended this hotel to friends and family. I was in the area on business but would not hesitate to stay here with my family while vacationing in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the kind words, and I’m happy to hear that the staff took good care of you. Early next year we will be completing our interior renovations for the guest rooms, as well as our public space… you’ll really get to enjoy our spacious suites! Please come stay with us again and thanks for the recommendations! Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel provides all the comforts of home with a nice kitchenette, bedroom / bath and sitting room. The customer service was wonderful. The 3 bedroom suite we had reserved was not available, so we were offered a 2 bedroom suite and 1 bedroom suite (side by side) for a greatly reduced price. The breakfasts were hot and plenty of choices.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Sonesta ES Malvern, we appreciate your feedback! Please come back and visit us soon! Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I got what appeared to be a great deal on Priceline for a 3-star hotel - almost 2/3 off! This place deserves no more than 1.5 stars and only because the units are roomy.

Upon check-in, I was advised not to use a path (exterior) as there was construction taking place - concrete work installing ramps. Unfortunately, the room that I was given was in the middle of the work and I had to climb over yellow caution tape to get to the door. (Please note that I recently had spine surgery, so climbing, unnecessay walking, etc. was not appreciated).

Before I even got to the door, I could not find the room. The numbering of units is very odd. I found the building easily, but not the room. After walking half way around the building, I saw a housekeeping employee and asked her where the unit was. She said it was back the way I came. I started back and said that was not it. She kept pointing me along. After about 4 tries, I was able to snag another employee who told me that the room was around the other side of the building (with the concrete contractors). When I arrived at the unit, I realized it was about six feet from where I first asked for directions!

Why did I not go and demand another room? After a long day of traveling and working, I did not need nor want to have any confrontations nor did I want to end up in a second floor unit, which would have presented severe physical issues for me. Also, I was already exhausted traveling around this one building, climbing over contractors, avoiding other contractors swinging boards and tools around, and climbing over caution tape.

Everything in the room was ancient, including the stains on the carpet and the hair snagged under the bathroom sink - long black (not short gray like mine). I do not mind old tvs, as long as they work well. If you love deep red tint on everything on the screen, then these tvs were fine.

Room was huge, but I would trade half the room for a firm pillow to replace the 4 limp rags that were provided.

In the future I will pay for comfortable accommodations at a Courtyard or other Marriott property. If I need long-term accommodations or just want a suite with kitchenette, there are many other options which will be better than this place. I travel extensively every year and I have stayed in dozens of different properties during 2013. This hotel merits the bottom of my satisfaction list - by far.

The property claims to be undergoing a face-lift. I work with a lot of builders who would describe this place as "tear-down".

Yes, sometimes you do get what you pay (or don't pay) for....... Pay the extra $ - your peace of mind and a good night's sleep are worth it! (I am a CPA, so I do not recommend spending lightly)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a difficult stay and understand that with exterior renovations underway it can certainly present challenges at times. We do take customer service very seriously, and maybe once everything is complete, I would hope that you would give us another try. Please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you, Michelle Fones General Manager

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Pros: good customer service, friendly staff. Close to Wegmans and Target.
Cons: Bugs galore! Very Dated, Poor housekeeping. and NOISY.

I lived in the Sonesta for a this year. For the most part, it was okay. It needs a lot of updating. My room was moldy and spider infested. I think my suite was vacuumed twice during my stay. The TV's are from the 1990's. It gets extremely noisy on weekends. I realize that this is a hotel, but the lack of courtesy displayed by the soccer parents here for tournaments was ridiculous. It was noisy and the partying started early.

Breakfast was also okay, but the reception on M-W evenings could use improvement. I got sick from the Mexican and Greek buffets.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

You want a clean,safe, quiet and homelike environment than this is for you.
As a former flight attendant, i've stayed all over the world. You will not find
a better price for what is offered here. Close to shopping and family food places.
Great food delivery to room if you want to stay in. Gym, swimming pool, internet,
breakfast. Top all this off with an A+ frontdesk staff always happy to help.
Sonesta is the way to go !!!

Steve & Sonya

Room Tip: be specific as to what you need, like no smoking or quiet area. They will try their best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
michelle f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Sonya & Steve, thank you so much for the kind words! I'm happy to hear that the front desk is taking such good care of you and making you feel like you are at home! I'll pass on the kudos to the team. Please come and visit us again soon! Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The front desk had us checked in 2 hrs early with no charge. When we opened the door we were pleasantly surprised. Two large queen bedrooms each with their own bath, a full kitchen, a livingroom(with comfortable queen sleeper sofa) and an eating area. With 3 tv,s there was no fighting over what to watch. The pool was clean and the breakfast was very good. This is going to be our "go to" place on our way to the beach.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor right by the lobby and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
michelle f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sonesta ES Suites, we appreciate your great review! Sounds like our two bedroom suite was a great fit for your family. Glad you all were able to take advantage of the breakfast. We will look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the beach! Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Malvern? Share your experiences!