“Great little place!”

Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Private Parking LotFrench Cuisine with an oriental FlairActually located in Frazer, PA but mailing address is Malvern
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little place!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Tracey and David are prime examples that sometimes some people just can't be satisfied. Look at the past reviews. What makes more sense, that every other positive review of this place is wrong? Or just maybe that the two negatives are wrong? ;)

I've been to this restaurant quite a few times and never have I been dissatisfied with anything I've ordered. The trout was delicious and hand deboned (according to the waiter), not many places do this either. The lamb and filet mignon were cooked perfectly and the accompanying sauces were just perfect compliments.

My favorite part of this place is the atmosphere. It's quiet and subtle interior is relaxing and welcoming. The wait staff is friendly and happy to serve. It's not a loud and trendy hipster place, and that's what makes it a breath of fresh air. Sure the outside looks a bit odd (it DID used to be a Dairy Queen after all), but don't let that sway you.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JordanMax

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Strange place, not good food”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have to agree with David B. who said the other people who wrote reviews of Bunha Faun need to get out more. My husband and I went for my 32nd birthday and I was the youngest person in the place by half.
When we pulled up for a 5pm reservation there was no one in the parking lot and we really thought about just going somewhere else due to the weird outside and décor.
Our appetizers were not good. I had escargot and my husband had the oyster special.
For entrées, I had the duck. I think it was deep fried. I was able to eat some of this, but I didn't like the sauce at all. It was super thick and unappetizing. My husband had the pork and he did eat it, but didn't like the sauce, which seemed to be the same strange mustard sauce that came with his oysters. We didn't get desserts.
Somehow, by the time we left, there wasn't an empty table! What are these people tasting that I didn't?
I would never go to this restaurant again and I certainly don't recommend it,

• Visited August 2013
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Seriously”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I must have eaten at a different restaurant than the other 26 people who reviewed Bunha Faun, or they need to get out more. This restaurant was simply horrible, yet is was packed. The onion soup was ok, the ravioli stuffed crab like eating sugarcane. I had the trout, which was a great pc. of fish in a wickedly bad wine sauce. My wife ordered the shrimp and scallops, which came out cold in a watery cream sauce. When they came back they were overcooked. Obviously just heated up in a micro wave or broiler. The only excuse for people eating their is that it is too far to go anywhere else. We only went because of the Trip Advisers reviews. Seriously fellow reviewers, go out for asian infusion that is good then rate this place for entrees that can easily be $35.00.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank David B
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Delicious”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The food was inventive and delicious. Presentation and service was good (service lagged a bit when it got busier). The outside is not inviting (used to be a dairy queen and looks it). But the food was AMAZING! We couldn't stop sharing tastes of appetizes and entrees - and then could not resist sharing desserts, based on the quality of the first two courses! Highly recommend!!! BYOB

Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

After driving past this restaurant for years, my husband and I ventured in after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. What an absolute treat! I don't know what was better the food or the service. We started our meal with the escargot and crab ravioli. The sauce for the ravioli was wonderful as were the ravioli. The escargot was sublime. My hubby had the filet with au gratin potatoes and green beans. He said it was the most flavorful, perfectly cooked filet he has ever eaten. I had the roasted duck with raspberry sauce. The waitress recommended going with the fruit sauce verses the wine sauce and she was so right. The duck was cooked perfectly. It was crispy, yet juicy and so flavorful. Everything, in fact is packed with flavor. Desserts looked wonderful, but we were too full. Our waitress was wonderful. She provided perfect service, recommendations and shared a few really wonderful stories. You absolutely must visit this wonderful little gem. You'll won't regret it. We're already talking about what we are going to order at our next visit.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Summerbaby72

Been to Bunha Faun? Share your experiences!