“Consistently delicious”

Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Malvern
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Private Parking LotFrench Cuisine with an oriental FlairActually located in Frazer, PA but mailing address is Malvern
Malvern
“Consistently delicious”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

JordanMax is spot on! Over the years, we have dined at Bunha Faun and never been disappointed. The escargot is sublime (every bit as good as Paris), Ceasar salad, green angel hair pasta, veal, anything I have tried has always been well prepared. Their specials are always "special". We have been fortunate enough to try many cuisines around the world and BF measures up to the best of them. I am not quite sure why some one would want have dinner at 5:00PM, but perhaps a more civilized hour would improve the experience. The excellent service is friendly and knowledgeable. The decor is rather drab and dated (my only complaint)

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Luisa H

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little place!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Tracey and David are prime examples that sometimes some people just can't be satisfied. Look at the past reviews. What makes more sense, that every other positive review of this place is wrong? Or just maybe that the two negatives are wrong? ;)

I've been to this restaurant quite a few times and never have I been dissatisfied with anything I've ordered. The trout was delicious and hand deboned (according to the waiter), not many places do this either. The lamb and filet mignon were cooked perfectly and the accompanying sauces were just perfect compliments.

My favorite part of this place is the atmosphere. It's quiet and subtle interior is relaxing and welcoming. The wait staff is friendly and happy to serve. It's not a loud and trendy hipster place, and that's what makes it a breath of fresh air. Sure the outside looks a bit odd (it DID used to be a Dairy Queen after all), but don't let that sway you.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JordanMax
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Strange place, not good food”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have to agree with David B. who said the other people who wrote reviews of Bunha Faun need to get out more. My husband and I went for my 32nd birthday and I was the youngest person in the place by half.
When we pulled up for a 5pm reservation there was no one in the parking lot and we really thought about just going somewhere else due to the weird outside and décor.
Our appetizers were not good. I had escargot and my husband had the oyster special.
For entrées, I had the duck. I think it was deep fried. I was able to eat some of this, but I didn't like the sauce at all. It was super thick and unappetizing. My husband had the pork and he did eat it, but didn't like the sauce, which seemed to be the same strange mustard sauce that came with his oysters. We didn't get desserts.
Somehow, by the time we left, there wasn't an empty table! What are these people tasting that I didn't?
I would never go to this restaurant again and I certainly don't recommend it,

• Visited August 2013
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Seriously”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I must have eaten at a different restaurant than the other 26 people who reviewed Bunha Faun, or they need to get out more. This restaurant was simply horrible, yet is was packed. The onion soup was ok, the ravioli stuffed crab like eating sugarcane. I had the trout, which was a great pc. of fish in a wickedly bad wine sauce. My wife ordered the shrimp and scallops, which came out cold in a watery cream sauce. When they came back they were overcooked. Obviously just heated up in a micro wave or broiler. The only excuse for people eating their is that it is too far to go anywhere else. We only went because of the Trip Advisers reviews. Seriously fellow reviewers, go out for asian infusion that is good then rate this place for entrees that can easily be $35.00.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank David B
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Delicious”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The food was inventive and delicious. Presentation and service was good (service lagged a bit when it got busier). The outside is not inviting (used to be a dairy queen and looks it). But the food was AMAZING! We couldn't stop sharing tastes of appetizes and entrees - and then could not resist sharing desserts, based on the quality of the first two courses! Highly recommend!!! BYOB

Visited March 2013

Been to Bunha Faun? Share your experiences!