“Heater is loud!”

Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed 1 night for business. The staff was ready for me when I got there so check in was fast. I like this! The heater in the room was very loud. I mean really rattling/shaking loud. I hit it twice, then kicked it, then changed the settings and it still kept rattling. The room was clean and the area is quite, so the heater being loud ruined the experience. My fix was to get the room hot and shut it off until morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I travel to this area for business regularly although this was the first time I stayed at this hotel. My boss typically uses this one and since I was traveling with him and he had rented the car, I really had no say to be honest. First thing I noticed was the great customer service when I walked in the door. The folks are very helpful, friendly, and willing to do anything to make you feel comfortable. My hotel experience was not so great. When I got to my room I went to hang my clothes in the armoire and it smelled horribly of cheap perfume, almost like someone had spilled it. I hung my clothes throughout the room since I didn't want to smell like this at work and alerted the front desk. They assured me it would be taken care of the next day and although I believe they tried, it still stunk so bad that I never did hang my clothes in it. The heater in the room rattled all night while it was on so I never did use it and dealt with a cold room (highs were in the 30's outside). Every morning, around 5:30am, there was a horrible cafeteria smell waffling up through the vents that stunk the whole room up. This was very unpleasant and made me sick to my stomach. Lastly, the maids would bring put new soaps, lotions, shampoos, on the bathroom counter everyday even though I never used any of them. They just kept piling up on the counter which was more of an annoyance than inconvenience. Overall, there are much better choices in the area. I will never go back to this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

I am so sorry that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We have never had a complaint about our closests before and I assure you I will look into this right away. I can understand the frustration that you must have felt having to hang your closets in other areas of the room.
I ask that if you chose to say here again, please contact me directly and I will personally guarantee a more than satisfactory stay with us.
Most Sincerely,
Cynthia Smoyer

Reviewed 14 November 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. Clean and spacious rooms, attentive staff and excellent breakfast in the morning. There is a fridge in a room and a microwave in a lobby. They also have a swimming pool and a small gym. In the evening you can easily order a meal from a nearby restaurant or simply stop by at Wegmans which is only 3 min drive. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stopped here on the way to Philadelphia. Take the time to see Valley Forge while you're in the area. It's really nice.

The hotel was nice. The room had a good layout, there was no unpleasant smell, clean, comfortable....no complaints at all. My husband said the bed was too soft for him (back issues) but I was comfortable.

The young gentleman that checked us in was quite friendly and informative when we asked about dinner restaurants.

The only thing you need to know is that breakfast is NOT complimentary. The smells of breakfast began wafting through the room vents and was quite appealing. We were quite disappointed to find that is was not included in the cost of the room. We were not willing to pay $10 for a hotel breakfast. Go to King Street Grille if you want a great breakfast.

Room Tip: Breakfast is NOT included.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The Courtyard Marriott is a very good place to stay if you have business around the Malvern or Philly, PA area. The staff is very hospitable and very kind.

The staff seems to have the liberty to read their customers. When I check in late-night, they always seem t be there with a cold water or something to help me out.

The gym is typical and only is worth going if you want the treadmill. The pool is fine to relax.

Stay here to keep travel simple, have great service and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. The road gets busy around 7am.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

Relatively new hotel. Convenient to business parks. Excellent facilities for business and food. Great people working there. Excellent breakfast.

Ask for an executive room if available. Can't beat Marriott properties.

• Stayed: August 2012
Hotelguy2011, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

You hit the nail on the head! Thank you for a great review. I take it you are "Marriott Loyal".
We cannot thank you enough for your continued support. We strive to ensure your stays are consistant and enjoyable. Please come back and see us soon!

All the best,
David

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My family and I stayed at this Marriott location this past weekend while visiting Longwood Gardens. The hotel highly exceeded my expectations and if we ever travel to this area of PA again we will definitely be back! The friendly and helpful staff, along with the CLEAN and modern, over-sized rooms made it an awesome stay! The location is easily accessible and centered in the newly developed area of town. The beds are comfy, the bathroom was huge and there were enough pillows for a football team! Thanks for a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Hotelguy2011, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Wow, You made the Staffs day! Thank you for your wonderful response. Most guests think of us as a corporate hotel when in fact we are centrally located to a variety of local attractions such as Longwood Gardens.
It is very nice of you to take the time to comment on your experience here. Please come back and see us soon!

Most Sincerely,

David Arena

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern? Share your experiences!