“Couldn't have been nicer!”

Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“Couldn't have been nicer!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Staff, location and amenities were all excellent. We were here for an immaculata college reunion ..the rate was exceptional given the lovely accommodations which included the breakfast which normally would have been 8.99 or 9.99.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
exton pa
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Me and my husband wanted a nice get away, although the courtyard in Malvern is only a few miles from where we live, it is always great to get away from the hustle and bustle of everything.
We have stayed here a few times before as the service here is fantastic.I wanted to give a special thanks to Andrew the front desk associate for going above and beyond to make our stay a bit more enjoyable. The offer to lite the fireplace outside for us was so unexpected and very appreciated THANK YOU ANDREW!!!! for making our hotel stay even greater than expected.We really appreciated the jesture.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for your kind words about Andrew. I have shared this with him and he was thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again when you are looking for a place to get away.

Warm Regards,
Cynthia Smoyer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We have stayed in the hotel many times over the past 6 years. In the past, we have encountered both very wonderful staff and management and some not so accommodating staff members. But any issues unresolved by staff members were resolved by management and we always left feeling good about our stay. Not this time. The supervisor we encountered was incredibly rude and was going out of her way to be unaccommodating. Essentially, she called me stupid for choosing to stay at this hotel and told me I was lucky to get anything since it was a reward stay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linn317
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
I would like to apologize that you did not receive the service that you have experienced in the past. We take great pride in ensuring that all of our guests have great stays and work really hard to everyone leaves feeling like they are appreciated and respected. I hope, the next time you are in town you will give us a second chance.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 March 2013

rooms are clean, free WIFI, comfortable bed. No complimentary breakfast. cost about $10. very limited selection. I got more selections in other marriott hotels for free. And my room is facing a major road. traffic noise in the morning can wake me up

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed 1 night for business. The staff was ready for me when I got there so check in was fast. I like this! The heater in the room was very loud. I mean really rattling/shaking loud. I hit it twice, then kicked it, then changed the settings and it still kept rattling. The room was clean and the area is quite, so the heater being loud ruined the experience. My fix was to get the room hot and shut it off until morning.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I travel to this area for business regularly although this was the first time I stayed at this hotel. My boss typically uses this one and since I was traveling with him and he had rented the car, I really had no say to be honest. First thing I noticed was the great customer service when I walked in the door. The folks are very helpful, friendly, and willing to do anything to make you feel comfortable. My hotel experience was not so great. When I got to my room I went to hang my clothes in the armoire and it smelled horribly of cheap perfume, almost like someone had spilled it. I hung my clothes throughout the room since I didn't want to smell like this at work and alerted the front desk. They assured me it would be taken care of the next day and although I believe they tried, it still stunk so bad that I never did hang my clothes in it. The heater in the room rattled all night while it was on so I never did use it and dealt with a cold room (highs were in the 30's outside). Every morning, around 5:30am, there was a horrible cafeteria smell waffling up through the vents that stunk the whole room up. This was very unpleasant and made me sick to my stomach. Lastly, the maids would bring put new soaps, lotions, shampoos, on the bathroom counter everyday even though I never used any of them. They just kept piling up on the counter which was more of an annoyance than inconvenience. Overall, there are much better choices in the area. I will never go back to this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
I am so sorry that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We have never had a complaint about our closests before and I assure you I will look into this right away. I can understand the frustration that you must have felt having to hang your closets in other areas of the room.
I ask that if you chose to say here again, please contact me directly and I will personally guarantee a more than satisfactory stay with us.
Most Sincerely,
Cynthia Smoyer
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. Clean and spacious rooms, attentive staff and excellent breakfast in the morning. There is a fridge in a room and a microwave in a lobby. They also have a swimming pool and a small gym. In the evening you can easily order a meal from a nearby restaurant or simply stop by at Wegmans which is only 3 min drive. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern? Share your experiences!