“Business trip hotel, that was comfortable and accomodating”

Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went on a business trip and stayed at this hotel. I was here for 3 days, and enjoyed my stay. This appears to be a popular hotel for business travelers.
The lobby is big with plenty of seating, and outlets for plugging all your stuff in.
They have a nice little bistro/restaurant, that you can get breakfast, lunch and even something for dinner. They serve alcoholic beverages as well.
I used the gym.. It was small with only 4 machines, but not a problem, as not many people were using them. They have a pool as well.. again, small, but nobody was using it, so not a problem.
There are plenty of nice restaurants within driving distance.. (The Office, 29).
The rooms were clean, nicely kept..
Over-all a good stay, and yes, I would stay here again.

Complaints.. None

Room Tip: no suggestions on a good room.. I always try to get the top floors.. so that I am not disturbed by p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2014

Thank you for your kind works. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will return sometime in the future.

Cynthia S

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from a two night stay. We were there as it was posted as a tournament hotel.The property has been completely renovated and was very clean.The hotel was sold out yet hotel did accommodate any requests that we did have. The young ladies at the front desk were very informative and helpful. The new pull out sofa in the room was also very comfortable. I would recommend this option if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my son for a local basketball tournament. The facility is extremely clean. It looked brand new. The room was just as clean. This is not a resort but if you have business in the area or need place to spend a couple of nights, I would highly recommend this hotel. The location is very convenient.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I'm not sure if it's just the age of the hotel or the fact that it's exquisitely maintained, but when I walked in to the lobby I was amazed at how clean and well done that area was. This was reinforced when I got to me room, it was utterly spotless and extremely well decorated, every square inch. The bed may have been the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels over time. Climate control was outstanding, the room was solid and quiet, no slamming doors in the halls due to the way they dampen the door closing, and the bathroom was gleaming and inviting, with an excellent shower. Free internet was either wired or wireless and worked easily and flawlessly. This is a corporate park area with a lot of other hotels and conference centers and I've stayed around here for many years, but this is now my top choice. It's also very easy to get to from the highway and to the surrounding attractions.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from elevator locations and the hotel cheerfully accommodated that requ...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pete R
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kinds words. Your review means a lot to our team and we are glad that we are your hotel of choice, when you visit the Malvern area. Thank you for being a loyal guest.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great Bed, good service and food and clean!
At one point we had to ask the front desk personnel to quiet about a dozen rowdy children who had no parental supervision so we could go to sleep. She took care of it pronto!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for what you need, we needed them to freeze ice packs and no problem!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric R
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Our family lost power during the chester county ice storm of 2014 and had to vacate our freezing home with our 3 yo and 2 mo old infant. This hotel is up the street from our house and it was wonderful!! Clean, modern rooms and welcoming hotel staff ( they were probably exhausted because every hotel in area was sold out). Yummy breakfast. I would definitely stay here again and I have very high expectations!

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank jktravelbug
Cynthia S, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad, we were able to assist you during the power outage. I know that is a challenging time for many of our neighbors and it is wonderful that our team was able to make it a little easier for you.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Had to travel to Malvern for business and we happened to be flying in during the middle of a snow storm. Our flight was diverted to Pittsburgh and when we finally arrived in Philadelphia it was late and we had not had much food all day. The hotel was holding our rooms and we arrived about 30 minutes before the Bistro closed. This hotel was recently remodeled and was very modern and fresh looking and we found out later the Bistro had just opened a few days before. The people were fantastic! We checked in lightening quick and headed for some food. Needless to say it was a blizzard and they had very little food left, but were wonderful at accommodating us with what they had. We were tired, starving, and in a blizzard after flying all day from sunny Scottsdale, AZ. We closed down the Bistro and the employees were actually staying in the hotel so they could open up the restaurant in the morning. We had a wonderful breakfast the next morning before heading off to our meetings. The food was fresh, healthy, cooked in their tiny kitchen area and brought out to our table - we even had wonderful Cappuccino's! I can't say enough about how great this staff was in the middle of the weather chaos. Everyone was busy accommodating all the guests. I should mention that the room was great - looked almost like no one had slept there before, clean, great bed and wonderful bathroom.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank spidersuz
Cynthia S, Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad that we were able to make a difficult situation for you better. We hope, the next time you visit the area you will be able to enjoy a warm, sunny day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Holiday Inn Express Frazer - Malvern
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern? Share your experiences!