“Lovely, homely hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely, homely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Desmond hotel for two nights as part of a business trip. The hotel has a warm, homely feel to it. I found the staff friendly and helpful; the rooms spacious and clean. Breakfast is a highlight. The staff were over-stretched when I visited, so service was a little slow, but the choice and quality of food was excellent. A great start to the day!
I also enjoyed the gym and swimming pool. The pool is clean and a good size for swimming laps.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Malvern, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your business and for your feedback, we hope you return again soon!

Michael Chain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Facility is clean and the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The team made me feel right at home during my stay! I definitely plan to stay at the Desmond again and recommend the hotel to all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Desmond, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Malvern, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

A big thank you to The Desmond for providing us not only with a warm place to stay, but terrific hospitality as well. Our two night stay was the result of a wide spread power outage caused by a devastating ice storm. After a couple of long, hot showers, we enjoyed cocktails and a great meal in the Fox & Hounds Pub. Friends of ours, who also did not have power, checked in the second day and the four of us again enjoyed not only the food but the great service in the Pub.

The Desmond really is our home away from home!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us, I am so glad we were able to provide you with some much needed comfort during this terrible winter. We hope you choose to return soon.

wayne, pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

stayed here one night of a three night power outage in our area. Other hotel we stayed in nearby gave everyone free cookies and water as we checked in and made everyone feel welcome since they knew that most of us were locals and there due to power outage, that hotel even gave us two free breakfasts. Not so Desmond. Checkin guy was almost scowling at us. Pet friendly hotel and dog barked the entire night.one floor below our room. Old hotel in dire need of updating.lobby uninhabitable since it was freezing cold so even the free morning coffee was not piping hot. All in all, we should have stayed at the nearby hotel where we started out our miserable nomadic four day adventure due to severe ice storm in our area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank your for staying with us, while I am glad we were able to accommodate you I am sorry you didn't feel we met your expectations. We proudly hosted thousands of travelers over the 2 week stretch of terrible weather and I have received many thank you's and compliments; my staff and I are sorry we seemed to have missed the mark with you. We did accept small pets due to the power outages and provided substantial welcome stations on most nights, I am so sorry it wasn't there for you stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to give us another chance, even if its for breakfast lunch or dinner.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is not a fancy, high-end hotel but for the value it is superior -- comfortable, clean; but the highlight would be the exceptionally friendly, helpful and efficient staff, from front desk to waitstaff to shuttle drivers. I stay here regularly for business in the Malvern area and would highly;y recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 100Rick
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Malvern, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for recognizing our superior staff, I am so proud of them and how they care for our property and our guests. Best wishes for safe travels.

Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

If there is any more beautiful place in January than Chester County, Pennsylvania I have yet to find it. The Desmond is the perfect home base for your explorations, or as a quiet sanctuary when traveling on business. The hash browns at breakfast were the best I've ever had, and the four-poster beds are a unique and charming touch!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank stbass
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us! I am so glad you like our property, we will keep working hard to ensure you have great experiences time after time.

Thanks again and safe travels,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had my wedding reception here in September and it could not have gone more perfectly! The Desmond management and staff literally thought of everything we could possibly need throughout the planning process and especially on the big day! Everyone raved about the food and loved the layout of the ballroom with the nice, big dance floor in the center of the room.

My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon suite. The Desmond boxed up our dinners for us (since we were so busy visiting with our guests we barely sat down at all) and even provided club sandwiches and chips in our suite for a late night snack! It was very comfortable.

We also love the Sunset Grille at the Desmond. It is the perfect outdoor space in Malvern. We went many times this past year - from relaxing dinners with our parents, to romantic summer evenings, to dance parties with our friends, featuring Jellyroll or the Chatterband.

We can't praise the Desmond enough! I definitely recommend the Desmond to any brides. It will make your planning process SO much easier! I felt like the most relaxed bride because I knew that the Desmond had everything under control. If you have an idea, they will make it happen! It is a lovely hotel and an elegant space with caring and capable management and staff. You can't go wrong picking the Desmond for your special day!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine H
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I am happy we were able to deliver such an exceptional experience. I have forwarded the link to the staff, they will be excited to read your comments! Best wishes for safe travels and thank you again!

Michael Chain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to The Desmond Hotel Malvern? Share your experiences!