The Desmond Hotel Malvern
EmbassySuites.com
Travelocity
AVE Malvern(Malvern)
Orbitz.com
All reviewshunt roomconference centerwedding receptionfiletconference facilities arefour posterdinner menushower headcocktail hourbusiness parkthe hotel offersbit datedrooms are largetwo queen bedswedding partypleasant staynice size
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for one night on business. Lovely room with a canopy bed. Slept like a baby in my quiet little retreat. Front desk staff were very accommodating. When I called and asked what the earliest time coffee was on offer, they told me that there was coffee out by 5:30am but if I needed it earlier they would have it ready for me. Very sweet. Ate at the Fox and Hound for dinner...very good food. All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank petd0c
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed for a conference that had over 300 attendees. Was given breakfast vouchers for two days, one that said good for Sat.only one that said for use on Sun. only. We turned in our breakfast vouchers and after eating and was presented a bill for $12 each, the exact amount on the voucher. We questioned the server, then the manager and they said it was just an advertisement for the breakfast buffet and not redeemable. I stated if something says a voucher then it means it has value for the amount stated on the front which was a $12 buffet breakfast. They apologized but insisted it was not for a free breakfast and we had to pay. This happened to everyone in the dining room from our conference. This was either extreme stupidity on the person who made up the "vouchers" not knowing what "voucher" meant, or fraud by getting people to eat in the restaurant under false pretenses and charging for a breakfast buffet that they had a voucher for as part as their hotel stay. After many complaints to restaurant and hotel management from people affected, nothing was done about it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ted D
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am sorry you felt the voucher was misleading. It was meant to give your attendees a discounted price for breakfast, not show a discount amount. We described the offer verbally at check in, provided you a welcome letter that specifically detailed the discount and presented you with the above mentioned voucher.

We did deliver a letter to your room during your stay and tried several times to speak directly to you regarding this, but it seems you weren't available.

Although this did not seem to be a widespread problem, we will review the wording on future vouchers to make sure there is no room for misunderstanding in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

so the staff are amazing. The hotel itself in the day was probably the "grand" place to be -- now its kitschy, dated and a in serious need of a revamp. The rooms were dingy, though the retro artwork kind of amusing, bed was comfortable, internet worked -- anything beyond one night would have not worked for me, loud doorslamming sort of place.......but for one night it sufficed.

Breakfast was very good. we were there in the midst of polar vortex/hell, I am sure in the summer the property and terrace are a nice thing. honestly -- wil stay at a modern place next time.

Room Tip: not sure. one night not long enough o give the best recc.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm happy that you enjoyed your night's rest, the internet, the food and specifically your comment on our amazing staff (I agree with you, they are terrific). I am sorry however to hear that you didn't like the decor. We continue to invest in our property every year with many more improvements planned for this year. Please feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel should you return to the area. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Only stayed 1 nite for the FC Europa Turf Cup boys tournament. Satisfactory comfortable stay in double queen room. Breakfast not included vs many other places. Bummer. Rate is what I expect to pay if on business. But for personal there are comparable non-biz hotels if you're on a budget. We basically only slept in, tho kids did get to use the pool. Only negative my fellow parents say is, the walls are "paper" thin & if kids running the hallways u can hear them also. Standard complimentary coffee maker in room as well as reception area with coffee tea hot chocolate. Sun. Breakfast/brunch not till 830am & $19! better to go out to very good diner near by. We hit DD's. dinner at Fox & Hound very good but pricey for family budget.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sushiray

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Should you be traveling to the area again, we would be happy to prepare discounted team meals for your group. We love sports and appreciate our traveling teams and their respective budgets. We want to help, and are happy to work with your coaches or managers as our costs allow us.

Thank you again for choosing the Desmond!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Desmond hotel for two nights as part of a business trip. The hotel has a warm, homely feel to it. I found the staff friendly and helpful; the rooms spacious and clean. Breakfast is a highlight. The staff were over-stretched when I visited, so service was a little slow, but the choice and quality of food was excellent. A great start to the day!
I also enjoyed the gym and swimming pool. The pool is clean and a good size for swimming laps.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your business and for your feedback, we hope you return again soon!