“Very Nice Hampton”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Very Nice Hampton”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here when visiting Hershey Park which I would completely recommend because:

- Much better value than hotels near the park
- It's a lovely, lovely area and you get a much better feel for Lancaster County when staying outside of Hershey proper. Driving around the area on a summer Sunday evening was a highlight of the trip for me.

This is kind of a standard Hampton hotel but it does have a couple of standout features. The outdoor pool looks great but we didn't take the time to swim in it. The breakfast area is well laid out and very nice with high-top tables and chairs, not the standard setup at most Hamptons. Rooms were clean and new feeling. We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Riverhead, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I would suggest Hampton Inn to anyone and everybody. Clean, inviting, practical and a wonderful complimentary breakfast. Near main arteries of travel and easy to recognize from afar. I needed to switch one hotel in an area to another town and it was easily done for me. This was a biggie.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Florcia2
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for suggesting our hotel to others. We appreciate your compliments of the clean and inviting surroundings that we provide. I am pleased that you enjoyed our deluxe complimentary breakfast. Our property is indeed a convenient location with just a short driving distance to all of the local tourist spots, and major highways. I am glad to hear that our guest services department could assist you with reservations to your next destination! Our guests really mean a lot to us! Please come back and visit us again!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during a weekend getaway with friends to visit the Renaissance Faire. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast was decent. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kmurtaugh
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your weekend getaway to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire! We appreciate your compliments of the cleanliness and comfort of your stay. We focus on what really matters to our guests and we are proud that you noticed that! We thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Appleton, WI, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

After being up all night on company business at a local manufacturing site, the staff was very gracious to let me extend my stay a couple of hours beyond normal check out time at no extra charge. The hotel is brand new and as a bonus, they have this nice really nice short walking trail around a small pond.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Brian O
I am very pleased to hear that we could accommodate you with a late check out so that you could catch up on some sleep after a long night at work! We understand how important it is to listen to our guests and their needs. Our desk staff is always willing to help in any way they can. We appreciate your compliments of our newly renovated property and it's surroundings! Please come back and visit us again soon!
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Easy access to/from the highway and across the street from the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. Parking is plentiful. Within walking distance to the Faire but nothing else so plan to get in the car to get dinner or shop.

The free hot breakfast was good and the waffles were actually tasty. The double size beds were not comfortable for two people, I don't recommend them for sharing unless both people sleep in the center.

Now for the Bad Experience... We checked in at 10pm and got a room with the bath tub hot water running (not dripping, running), making the room a virtual sauna. The water stain on the tub and loose tile around it showed this had been going on for a while. Maintenance came up but could not fix it. I asked for another room and was told there were none, no solution was given other than that maintenance would return in the morning. Since they couldn't guarantee that it would get fixed, I asked if they had another room the next night. Note it was my idea to move to another room the next night, it never occurred to the front desk to even offer. When housekeeping showed up the next morning as we were leaving they took one look at the bathtub and marked the room out of service, which is what it should have been from the start, it should never have been rented out. The next room was fine but I noticed a water stain on the tub and tiles from what must have been an identical issue (fixed before rented to us thankfully), this hotel definitely has a consistent issue with their bathtub faucets.

When I checked out I never received any apology for the issue. So I pointed out that there had been an issue that inconvenienced us and asked if I was going to receive any compensation for it. I was told that because I prepaid for the room I would have to take it up with guest services. Very poor customer service.

Although I loved the walking distance from the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, I would probably not use this hotel again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stay at this Hampton Inn every year when attending the Renaissance Faire which is directly across the street. It is also right off of the PA turnpike and a pleasant drive to Hershey. I have always been pleased with my stay here. This time I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a king suite. The living room area was huge with a separate king bedroom. The property was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. I have no complaints. This Hampton Inn has consistently been a great place to stay. I look forward to my stay again next year in the Fall.

Room Tip: Book your room early when staying on Renaissance Faire weekends since the place does fill up