“Needs some quality control”

Hampton Inn Manheim
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
Tallahassee, Florida
“Needs some quality control”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. The room was good except for some water damage above the shower head. The daytime staff was excellent and very helpful. Now the unacceptable: The business center had two printers. Both were very low on ink and I was unable to print important documents. They had no new ink cartridges and apparently have not for some time. On our 2nd night we decided to use the guest laundry. The night clerk would not or could not provide quarters for the dryer. This hotel is not close to any store to get change and the clerk suggested no where. When we did get quarters turned out the dryer did not work. We overheard another guest complain and turns out the clerk knew the dryer was not drying. We ended up leaving the hotel without being able to print important documents and a suitcase full of wet clothes. The unacceptable at this hotel can be easily remedied but for the price you pay there should be better quality control.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2014

if traveling across pa or visiting hershey/pa dutch country, this is an excellent option. hotel is brand-spanking new with super clean, quiet rooms and very friendly/helpful staff.nice places to eat in beautiful nearby towns. place you always hope you stumble upon on long road trips.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Johnstown, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I travel a lot for work and this was the first time I stayed at this hotel. I was not happy with my stay. I found body hair on the toilet and in the shower on my first night stay on 5/19/14. I returned the following week and found hair again in my shower on 5/26/14. On my final stay on 5/28/14 no hair but the rooms appear to more rundown than what I have experienced at other Hampton Inns. Needless to say I do not think I will be back. The cost for the rooms is too much to pay for the quality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay that had easy access to the turnpike and other major highways nearby. It has the feel of a newer place and a spacious lobby area with a nice breakfast setup.

The rates are very reasonable and we will be back again.

Super friendly place with the usual Hampton Inn amenities.

Stayed May 2014
National Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here in May. This is a very nice hotel in The Hampton chain. We were there for the PA Wine & Food Fest. which is across the street from this motel. A very nice large property. We had a very nice check in and our room was large, well kept with very nice comfortable beds. The bathroom was clean & neat. The front desk was very helpful with our laptop connection. The pool was not ready yet. They had a very nice outside area to walk around and an area to sit outside. The only problem we had was the breakfast area was crowed and the food was not replenished quickly enough. Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank JoeSchwartz
Philadelphia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed the nice outdoor area surrounding the hotel that included a duck pond and walking path & patio/pool area where we ate breakfast. Had to close bathroom door @ night so not to hear the ventilation noise. AC rattled sometimes. Hard mattress & noisy tub floor were noticed by my spouse but didn't bother me. Maid knocked on our door even though we had DND out then never came back 2nd day to freshen our room while we were out. Enjoyed comp cookies in lobby & it was a treat to have a 12Noon checkout! A few annoyances we had to endure during our 2 night stay otherwise it was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014
Gettysburg, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My reservation was for 3 nights, I got turfed out after one. The receptionist was very unhelpful, she took my number and promised the manager would call me next day instead of contacting her that evening. She did not help in finding new lodging and of course the manager never called me. They put me on the second floor instead of the first as I had specified and made no effort to placate me, never greeted me as a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Nicholas E
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your time with us. The reason why we send reservation confirmations via e-mail is to ensure there aren't any discrepancies with your upcoming itinerary.
The reservation details that were e-mailed directly to you would have shown that we honored the check in and check out date according to how it was booked. We can not always guarantee that there will be any cancellations incase you have a request of wanting to stay an extra night. We do try our very best to suggest alternative lodging options incase we can not meet your request and I will address this review with the agent that you came in contact with and see why they did not assist you further with this issue. As far as room location, we can not always guarantee a specific floor or room location due to almost being sold out every night. If you would please contact me directly, I will be more than happy to further discuss your stay with you and see how we can better assist you in the future. .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Warehouse Hotel
Warehouse Hotel
#2 of 7 in Manheim
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection

Been to Hampton Inn Manheim? Share your experiences!