“Not a good value for the price.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manheim
Pinch Pond Family Campground and RV Park
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not a good value for the price.”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The campground sits between the Turnpike and a shooting range. If you are looking for peace and quiet this is not the place. Cabin renters partied loudly until dawn.
If the rates were $15 per night I'd say "maybe" but at $40 per night I say "skip it"!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank clsvc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Douglas, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2009

I actually "lived" at Pinch Pond for a year. I had been transferred in the area for 18 months and thought it would be neat to live in my 30 ft camper during that time. I was right! The price for extended stay was beyond reasonable. The hook-ups were great and the neighbors were even better. The staff was friendly and very helpful. (Especially for someone that was shipped in) They had constant activities, and even though I was usually early leaving and late returning - the campground through the summer was full of families and travelers that appeared to be having a wonderful time. I would do it again and I would recommend a short visit or an extended stay to anyone who asked.

Thanks ya'll for making my stay so nice.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
5 Thank CSM2005
Hershey, PA
Reviewed 6 October 2008

A group of us stayed at this campground fathers day weekend. It was the beginning of June, and was hot. We went to the pool only to find the pool liner was hanging into the pool. As a pool owner myself, I would never allow guest of my home in a pool of that standard let alone a guest that was paying for that amenity.

We stayed at this campground before, and loved it. For groups, they are very accommodating, but their amenities are less than desirable. Bring your own fun and if you are staying in the summer, HAVE AC TO COOL OFF.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — The pool
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sweetones17112
Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2007

I chose to stay at one of the Deluxe Cabins for a long weekend trip to Pennsylvania.

I liked the setting and scenery. The area seemed safe and peaceful. The shower house and bathrooms were clean, other than having very wet floors at times. The showers in the shower house had hot water, but I was probably the first one to use them in the morning, so I don't know if there is always hot water. The shower curtains were a couple of inches too small for the shower stalls, which made them less private than they should have been. Still, at least they were clean and had hot water.

From the moment I first entered my "Deluxe Cabin", I was quite disappointed with the furnishings. Their idea of a furnished cabin was a bed made of 2'x4' unfinished lumber and plywood with either very old twin mattresses (small bunk) or plastic covered 3" piece of foam (which isn't actually a mattress which is on the slightly larger bottom bunk). The biggest disappointment to me was the beds and the fact that they weren't even real furniture or even halfway nice mattresses, though at least they were sturdy. I slept with a towel under my sheets to try to keep myself off the plastic and not sweating quite so much at night. Please be aware that you are expected to bring your own towels, sheets, pillowcases, and blankets.

There was an old bureau in the room and 3 or 4 coat hooks, which was the only place to hang any clothes. The whole cabin had a sort of old, musty odor. The only place to sit in the cabin, are two plastic outdoor patio chairs. The cabin itself is small, but it's the size I would have expected... maybe about 9 foot by 9 foot. It would be quite crowded to have four people in the cabin, but there is enough sleeping room for four.

The reason the "Deluxe Cabin" is "deluxe" is that it has air conditioning. I have to say, it was a very humid weekend, when I stayed there, and I greatly appreciated the air conditioning. I'm glad that I didn't stay in the regular "Camping Cabin" since it was a hot, humid weekend and I needed air conditioning. The "Cottages" looked quite nice from the outside, and if I were to return, I'd probably either bring my tent or else stay in a cottage. I can only hope that the cottages have better furnishings than the "Deluxe Cabin".

Fortunately, I had enough to do in the area that I only had to return to the cabin late in the evening and to leave again early each morning. There isn't much incentive or the appropriate atmosphere in the cabin to want to sit in the cabin for very long. I think you can bring your own television and watch cable TV in the cabins, so that might help. It's also pretty dark in the cabin (only one light bulb), so you might want to bring your own lamp or flashlight.

The campground has a quite a number of tent campsites and RV sites and almost the whole campground is wooded. They have a campstore and some other activities, but I didn't use any of them.

The campground is very near to an entrance/exit to the Pennsylvania Turnpike (you can hear the traffic from the campground), as well as the Pennsylvania Renaissance Festival. It's probably at least a 15 minute drive away from restaurants.

• Liked — Location, Scenery, Price
  • Disliked — Furnishings
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank I_travel_places
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Hampton Inn Manheim
Lancaster Inn & Suites
Lancaster Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Manheim
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection

Been to Pinch Pond Family Campground and RV Park? Share your experiences!