“Avoid if Allergic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manheim
Pinch Pond Family Campground and RV Park
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently stayed at the campgrounds for a family reunion. We were all very excited to go camping as a family, but one step into our cabin and I was doomed. I'm allergic to almost everything in the environment including mold. The cabin had a damp musty smell, and even though the foam mats had plastic covers, after one night my sinuses were fully inflamed and I couldn't bear to stay our second night. We checked out early...without any offer of a partial refund. Just be wary off the cabins if you have allergies like mine.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank brighteyes8382

Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I had no real issue with the amenities but with the staff/residents.
From the beginning, the senior staff was very cold to our family of 4. The young girls working at the register were nice, but any employee over the age of 50 was very gruff and short with us. We were constantly reminded that there were "full time" residents who needed us to adhere to all of the rules or would be complaining, which frankly made it feel like we were intruders who were being watched. Overall, our daily interaction was cold at best, with a sprinkle of hostile.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank GriswoldVacation
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I took my family of 4 on a cross country adventure and this was our first stop and I regret it completely. The site I was given was on a horrible slope that took forever to level. The staff took our money and treated us with a hostile and gruff demeanor during our stay and all the amenities listed our antiquated and poorly maintained. The wifi service is extremely overpriced and not worth it because you can only get 2 bars right outside the office (forget it anywhere near where you are camping.) If your looking for someplace close to Hershey or the Renaissance Fair...look elsewhere. Oh, the shooting range is very close and the full-time residents don't like you either. If your young (40 and below) don't bother with this place...not worth your time or money.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Peakk
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a small campground, clean restrooms, friendly staff, but those are the highlights of the weekend.

There is little to keep tweens & up interested - game room small and not a lot of games working, kids craft was very very toddler oriented, playground also for the under 6 crowd. This campground is near the PA turnpike on one side (highway noise) and borders a private shooting range, so Saturday and Sunday mornings especially were filled with the sound of guns. Not a big deal for me, but my friends' dog was nervous all day and often hid in their camper. We experienced camper issues, and so I ended up sleeping in a tent with my daughter. There were cars in & out late at night (well after 10 pm) and again early in the morning (before 7 am) and I heard every car that passed, along with the harley davidson motorcycle of one of the permanent guests - who let it run for about 15 minutes to "warm it up" at dinner time.

I would say if you are interested in the PA Renaissance Faire, this place is very close, so would be a great place to camp if you were spending the day otherwise entertained. Its a close drive to several quaint towns so if you are a couple traveling without children and just want a place to park & plug in while you tour, this would serve you well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryEllen222
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Sandwiched between the turnpike and the rifle range, don't expect much rest! The desk staff seemed overwhelmed and the security, overbearing. We were greeted by a cigar smoking security guard who manned the gate like we were entering a high security military base, an impression only furthered by the gunfire and heavy truck traffic. However, if you have to camp in Manheim this might still be your best option.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank barrioonwheels
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The campground sits between the Turnpike and a shooting range. If you are looking for peace and quiet this is not the place. Cabin renters partied loudly until dawn.
If the rates were $15 per night I'd say "maybe" but at $40 per night I say "skip it"!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank clsvc
Reviewed 27 April 2009

I actually "lived" at Pinch Pond for a year. I had been transferred in the area for 18 months and thought it would be neat to live in my 30 ft camper during that time. I was right! The price for extended stay was beyond reasonable. The hook-ups were great and the neighbors were even better. The staff was friendly and very helpful. (Especially for someone that was shipped in) They had constant activities, and even though I was usually early leaving and late returning - the campground through the summer was full of families and travelers that appeared to be having a wonderful time. I would do it again and I would recommend a short visit or an extended stay to anyone who asked.

Thanks ya'll for making my stay so nice.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
5  Thank CSM2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Hampton Inn Manheim
#2 of 2 in Lititz
Lancaster Inn & Suites
Lancaster Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Manheim

Been to Pinch Pond Family Campground and RV Park? Share your experiences!