“Wouldn't stay here again.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manheim
Pinch Pond Family Campground and RV Park
“Wouldn't stay here again.”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The staff are rude... All we have heard all weekend is gun fire since 8am on. The pool is gross. It's not even full enough for the water to cycle through the filter. Which means its not circulating and chlorine is not even going into the pool

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank AmandaE0510

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed at this campground three different times. My kids enjoyed fishing in the pond, which was the only reason we returned.
The site we stayed on would get a trench with water going down the ite, seperating it into two site with a stream going down the center.
Constant gunshots going off from the range.
This past year we stayed we were treated horribly by a man named, Jason. After our departure we got a phone call stating we were not allowed back because we left litter around... Really?? I think not. The site was littered up when we arrived & WE cleaned it up but apparently we didn't clean up everything from the prior people & basically Jason didn't believe us because we didn't complain.. well, I wasn't there to knit pick. Didn't realize I needed to tattle on prior campers, thought I was at a campground NOT an elementry school..
Whatever.. personally, there over priced anyways on there sites & I prefer campgrounds where the staff makes you feel welcomed not like a liar..

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Rae268
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed on our family vacation last year and absolutely loved it. Pool is huge, very family friendly atmosphere. Would definitely stay again, probably longer next time. Campsites were very large, even for the basic sites. Extremely close to Hershey and other attractions.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank KyBuckeyes
St. Thomas
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We began our trip because we love Mount Gretna and love to camp. We arrived and were greeted and taken to our cabin. The cabin was fair. Maybe the floor was swept but, still dirty… We stayed in bunks with egg crate mattresses covered in plastic. The bathrooms are cleaned once a day but had filthy wet floors throughout the rest of our stay. It's right next to a shooting range. All day until about 7 pm all you hear are gunshots. The 1/2 the campgrond in the center of the campground is construction of mud and rocks and looks like the contractors had left in the middle of the night. My dog got away from me when we arrived and didn't bother anyone. But, within one minute we were greeted by a rude and nasty security guard. We had multiple drive bys after that. He ruined our experience… He was extremely creepy & even frightened our children. We were going to go home after that first night but, figured on day 2 he might le ave us alone. No… We stuck it out…But, wold never return. There were a lot of campground residents who were very unfriendly around the campground. I would never write a review for anything… But, I had to for Pinch Pond… NEVER

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cke0305
Winchester
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The campground was nice enough, clean enough and looked ok on the surface. But the constant gunfire from the neighboring gun club was going on till past 9 at night. When we pulled in, there was no place to pull over, no instructions how to get out of the way while one of us went in to get registered, so we were blocking incoming traffic. One thing I did not like is the fact they scan your credit card but don't put any charges on it for your gate card. That left an open charge sheet for anyone who is less than honest to put any amount they wanted on your credit card. I did not know that till I left and turned in the gate card and they gave me back one piece of the charge slip. I did feel that the older men there were a bit gruff, saying things like move you car in less than mannerly ways. We are law abiding and will do whatever necessary, and don't need people ranting on and on about things. One other thing that was confusing was the wifi. If you needed it, they would give you a complimentary card for 12 minutes, otherwise you had to pay for wifi. I took the card thinking I could download my email to read later, but it took most of the 12 minutes to get online and only if I were standing almost on the door of the office. We have traveled extensively and almost never have these wifi issues. I guess we would really look around at other places to camp if we went back to this area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane L
Pennsville, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay. We were in the 300 section and had a pull thru site. I liked this area of sites as they were spacious and level, and, for the most part fairly quiet. The campground had planned activities, bathrooms facilities were clean and well maintained. The gameroom was dated and not much in there. The pond for fishing was large but quite far from most campsites. We actually drove to it from our site. I didn't feel there was much in the surrounding area to do unless you wanted to attend the Renaissance Faire (which I had no interest in). We did go to the Hershey outlets which was about a 20 minute drive. I would return to this campground and request the same section. Some of the other sites are close to the turnpike and I would not want to be located there as they were quite noisy. In addition, I was not bothered by the gun range which was close by. The few times I heard shots, it really wasn't anything annoying.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Just returned from 4 nights of camping there with our friends' pop-up camper. Took FOREVER to level. They really need to do a better job of leveling those sites. Bathrooms/showers were very clean. We knew about the campground being very close to the PA Turnpike. Fortunately our site was on the other side of the campground, but I felt sorry for the folks on the other side. You can not only hear the noise, but actually see the road from over there. We were closer to the gun range, which we did NOT know about. Starts about 9:30 in the morning and goes until dusk. We were out all day every day, but if you are one of those folks who like to sit around your site and enjoy the afternoon, this is not the place for you. I can't imagine having a dog with you. Staff could be more pleasant, particularly the gentlemen driving around in the golf cart. Got the sense he was "watching" you.....

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank prchase
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Hampton Inn Manheim
Lancaster Inn & Suites
Lancaster Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Manheim
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection

Been to Pinch Pond Family Campground and RV Park? Share your experiences!