“I was scared, so I checked it out - perfectly fine”

Penns Woods Inn Manheim
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
lititz, pa
“I was scared, so I checked it out - perfectly fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

I picked which room I wanted when I got there and I did a walk through. Floors were clean, bath tub was clean. Like many other hotel rooms I have stayed in this past year. Not a 4-star, but perfectly fine. No dirty laundry, no mod in the bathroom, accesible for a wheelchair (had to move the fridge and microwave) but besides that met all our needs AND we were able to bring our little dog. I was very scared when I read these reviews, but was on a low budget. So I called the hotel and asked to check it out, the staff was more than friendly and I had a very pleasant stay. New management took over last year, and they have been slowly trying to improve the motel. I think they have done a great job!

• Stayed July 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Quakertown Penn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

My husband and I always get season passes to the Pa Renn Faire and we stayed at the Rodeway lasts year and had a bad experance. This year we stayed again and found out it had new owner (mangement) and was alot better the rooms where cleaner and had new carpets. And each room has a mircowave and small frig and a blowdryer in the bathroom which is a big plus we stayed 2 nights and could have a hot meal in our room.
We cant do that in any of the other hotel motels in the area in less you want to pay 180 a night to get a suite at the hamption. The price was right. Keep in mind that it is not a hotel.
An it's relly close to the Pa Renn Faire. You can have a couple beers and don't have to worry about driving home,

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Selina85
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2009

As someone wrote earlier, there have been too many bad reviews to waste my time describing this motel's faults. I just have to say that the price to value is incredibly high, and honestly I would not pay even 20 dollar per night to stay here. Although the towels looked folded and maybe washed, they were at least 30 years old, had stains on them, the bathroom was not clean, window did not stay open, the whole place smelled horribly. It was the one and only night I would ever spend in such a place.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank galusca

Travellers are raving about these Manheim hotels

pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2009

The room smelled and was not very clean. It was nice to have a microwave and frig, but neither had been cleaned for a while~we didn't want to put anything in them! We stayed 2 nights and the morning we were getting ready to leave, discovered mans dirty clothes in a dresser drawer!! Coffee was good, but not much of a breakfast.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
West Virgina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

Awful motel. I had a long description in my head but it's not needed after reading theother comments. Just don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

Front desk Clerk (male) opened shirt down to stomach very unkept. Room had mold in the bathroom and carpets were so dirty that Babies feet were black. Bed made me itch all night. Bed spread and mattress looks like it has not been changed in over 20 years. was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Door look like someone kicked it in. Not safe for women travelling alone. I even work for the chain that offers this brand and I am embarrassed to say that I work for choice.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Lebanon, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2009

We were staying at this motel. We did not have hot water. Contacted the front desk two times. Called back the next day to be told that I ever called the day before and that we have hot water. Tried explaining to the front desk that we do not have hot water and they told us to let the water run. Informed her I tried that and she told me that everyone else has hot water so I have hot water. I asked to speak to the manager and was informed the manager lives in Jersey and I can't talk to him. I called corporate and am waiting for a response now.

• Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Lititz Inn & Suites
Lititz Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Lititz
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West

Been to Penns Woods Inn Manheim? Share your experiences!