“Bucky's is NO GO” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bucktail Camping Resort

Bucktail Camping Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mansfield
Bucktail Camping Resort
Loganton, Pennsylvania
“Bucky's is NO GO”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I am normally not this person and have debated this post for days but I have decided to speak out. We took the boys to Bucky's campground in Mansfield last week. It was to be like camping at an amusement park. I am posting to tell you all I do NOT recommend camping here. I did my best to make sure the boys had a good time over all and enjoyed themselves. We should have came home and discussed it every night but our money was nonrefundable. I majorly regret not coming home now. When it rained the smell sewer lingered in the air. While we ate lunch on Friday the neighbor sprayed his camper off with Clorox in a pressure water and the smell of bleach was so bad we had to go inside. The majority of the children ran around with out parents or any supervision. Kids ran around with pellet guns or real looking assault guns pretending to shoot kids on the playground. The teenagers took over the ball pit swearing and fighting. We had to leave the ballpit several times due to the teenagers and this was Ethan's favorite thing to do. They had a carousal and a train but it only ran for 15 to 20 minutes twice a day. The train had pretend animals to look at while you are on the ride and most of the animals were broken. The pretend deer had no legs and was just leaned against a tree. The skunks feet remained but no body. It was disturbing to me. They didn't have a kiddie pool. The pool was so full that there was no room for us to swim safely with the boys. There were many areas of stagnant water that they hadn't tended to. The campground had a ton of garbage thrown around in it. Half the games in the arcade didn't work and just took the boys' money. The kids dance party we went to and left because all the songs had swearing in them. Parents ran around carrying their alcoholic beverages around the playground. The good things were: Minigolf was free and it had a huge minigolf course. All the rides were free and that was really nice. They had a waterpump in the huge sandbox that the boys really enjoyed and they enjoyed the sky slide. They also had a tractor/wagon ride and a firetruck ride with Bucky that the boys really liked. I am usually not one to complain out loud or trash a place but this was not what I expected by a long shot. We paid $66 a night to camp here..I expected wonderful..I was highly disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Mammaof4boys

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We just spent a family camping weekend. The park is clean. Yes, it is "dusty" but it is camping. We stayed in a Bucky Lodge. Very nice! We walked the entire campground with our 2 dogs (lab mixes). Didnt have to get back in the car till we left. The staff does not tolerate undisciplined children, I seen previous posts stating the staff was "mean". Everyone seemed very friendly. Many free things to keep the kids occupied. Mini golf, music entertainment, crafts, train ride, carousel, pool, fire engine ride, hot showers, play ground areas, walking trail, my kids loved the mini zip-line and a beautiful view! We played bingo for $1/card- 10 games. $.35 Popsicles :) and an arcade. Many season rental people there. But totally worth the ride and money

Room Tip: The Bucky Lodge has running water and a toilet :)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeannine H
Mansfield PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just to get out of the house one weekend, It is just what it claims to be, a campsite. The workers are local kids, so we knew almost everyone. The little ones enjoyed mini golf and the rides. A band played in the pavilion one night. It wasn't fancy, but it wasn't the worst experience either.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank MUfoodie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I came here about 4 times last year and plan to come at least that many times in 2013. There is a fun activity for the family every weekend and the kids constantly want to come back. I have a 30 foot travel trailer and never had a problem getting into sites or getting leveled. It seems like every time the crew is working on new and better stuff for the kids. The people were very nice and I spent some time chatting with the maintenance guys as they were shutting the water down for the year. We have made friends with other regular campers too who are seasonal...all around a great place in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Sean179
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

We recently stayed at Bucktail campground over the labor day weekend, we brouthg our 2 year old granddaughter with us. She had a blast at this campground. There are so many things for young children to do. They have their own merry-go-round, a willy worm ride (tractor pulling carts), & a train, all which they run a few times a day! Along with other activities & the arcade provided, you really don't need to leave the campground, althought the nearby Pa Grand Canyon is beautiful to visit. The staff is very friendly, Bath houses could use some updates, but all in all this was a great campground & a fun weekend!

Room Tip: Sites on the field in the center of the campground are tight, close together. If you need room ask...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Millerton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Kids love the place, ovee priced, filthy & very very rude staff. Asked to speak wn Owner and she was to busy to speak w/me...

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank LaNorm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed here Friday to Sunday. Campground was clean, staff very friendly. The only problem was that the activities were not split up by ages. The tootsie toss the big kids stampeded the little kids they went and just picked up all the colored ones not leaving any for the little ones. I thought there were way too many unsupervised kids of all agea. I had to ask a group of teens to watch their language while they were in a playground full of little kids. So if you don't want to deal with every one elses kids i'd say find another campground..but if you want a good time with your kids I'd.say go for it!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Chef2b57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Rough Cut Lodge
Rough Cut Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gaines
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Mansfield

Been to Bucktail Camping Resort? Share your experiences!