“Would Not Go Back - RUDE OWNERS”
Review of Olde Fogie Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Olde Fogie Farm
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I would not go back and would not recommend staying here. We stayed at the O.F. Farm about a year or so ago with 2 other families for a weekend. At the time of booking, I informed the wife the ages of all of our children as I wanted to make sure that this would not be an issue. Our group had 9 children ranging from infants to young teenagers. All of our families travel extensively - both locally and internationally. Our kids are generally well-behaved and we all supervise them all the time. None of us experienced anything like the way we were treated here. We were all treated rudely by both the husband and the wife. For example, the wife repeatedly commented that the babies were very noisy in the evening and in the morning- to the point that we felt uncomfortable. If they did not want babies in the house, they should have told us beforehand since they knew that 2 babies were going to be staying there. Additionally, at breakfast one morning they prepared food for our large group, which was included in the price. While we were serving ourselves at the table, the husband, who apparently did not want to cook additional food for his other guests who woke up a little late, took a large plate of food off of our table to give to someone who was not in the kitchen or dining area telling us, "You don't need this." (That is now our traveling group joke.) The problem was that many of us still hadn't had a chance to get the food from the plate! This was obvious as our plates were still empty! Further, the husband and wife kept making snide comments throughout our stay - directly and indirectly. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what they said, however, I distinctly remember how uncomfortable they made me feel. Again, we travel as a family and as a group often. We stay in resorts, hotels, rental homes & apartments, bed and breakfasts and farm stays. None of us experienced anything like this. While in many of my other Tripadvisor reviews, I detail many things about places I stay, I am not doing that here because I do not recommend staying here based upon the personalities of the owners. The reason that I wrote this review so long after my stay is because I was recently searching for a Farm Stay and came across the O.F. Farm. It just brought back bad memories of a poorly run Farm Stay home. There are better places out there. (Note: I put down May 2013 as Tripadvisor makes you include a date - but I do not remember when I actually travelled - it was within the last year or two.)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Yaccova
There are newer reviews for Olde Fogie Farm

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My 4 1/2 year old son and I just got back from a two night stay at Olde Fogie Farm. I had to drag him away! The Olde Fogie Farm provides the kind of childhood experience that is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. The farm has all kinds of animals, including friendly free-roaming dogs, a tree house, a creek, a play house, and a wading pond with big, inquisitive fish. Our room, the Pig Pen, was stocked with all sorts of simple toys he found irresistible. There was no reason to watch TV or spend too much time indoors, even though the weather did not always cooperate.

As most of the other reviewers have noted, the morning chores are a big hit. But I think the pond was the most exciting part. Even today, when the weather was around 50 degrees, he wanted to go in. One other young guest actually did! That was another thing that was great. There were two other families staying at the time, and the kids (and adults) became fast friends.

Biz, Tom, and Vickie were wonderful hosts, as everyone has mentioned. Biz gave us the great suggestion to visit Roots Country Market in Manheim, which takes place only on Tuesday. So many great vendors there with food, Amish products, antiques, household items, crafts, and more.

It was a truly memorable stay, and I recommend the B&B highly. A few tips for parents: 1) Make sure to bring more than the usual changes of clothes for your child. The pull of the wading pond is hard to resist, no matter what you're wearing! You'll want to have lots of extras. 2) Several pairs of shoes and a pair of boots are a must. 3) Keep in mind that there are no stores that are less than a 10 minute drive away. So make sure to bring some snacks with you.

Enjoy this throwback to a simpler time and let your child be a kid! It doesn't even need to be summer to enjoy this, as we found out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank hollywd
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We visited last weekend with our 2.5 year old daughter and 8 week old son. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Biz, Tom and their daughter are very warm and relaxed hosts and the house, farm and garden are gorgeous and full of charming details. The (optional) morning chores were good fun, breakfast was delicious and our daughter loved to playhouse and the fish pond.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LovesTravel77
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Our stay with Biz and Farmer Tom at Old Fogie Farm was beyond our expectation.
The rooms were clean and homely. The Breakfast was delicious and the conversation
with the hosts at the breakfast table made us feel right at home.
Interacting with the various animals was a therapeutic experience. We just loved every
aspect of it and plan to return again. This is a excellent place for a family with
small children. But it is also a pleasant change for someone like me with a hectic life.
For a short while, life slows down and you appreciate the hard work that takes to maintain
a farm with many animals. The walk in the meadow with the goats and calves following
us was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aravind061
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My son (aged 8) and I stopped at Olde Fogey Farm for one night, on our way across Pennsylvania. I have never stayed in a more family-friendly bed and breakfast. Staying there was like visiting close relatives, as everyone from the owner, Biz, to other guests who had visited the farm for many years greeted us warmly and were eager to show us around. It was like joining a small community. My son loved swimming with the fishes, climbing in the treehouse, and helping out with the farm chores (milking a goat, feeding pigs, gathering eggs). The gardens around the house were beautiful and fun, and they included several spots to sit for a picnic meal. After morning farm chores, we joined the hosts, Biz and Tom, in their lovely large kitchen for a delicious fresh breakfast of blueberry (and plain) pancakes, eggs, bacon, very fresh melons, and other home cooked treats. One note about the rooms: Guests who stay in the Garden Room or the Pig Pen room in the main house get to eat breakfast with the hosts. Guests who stay in the other rooms (which are self-catering, a good choice if you plan to stay in the area a while) cook their own breakfasts. Most repeat guests seemed to choose the self-catering rooms, and they talked with Biz and Tom in the afternoon or evening, rather than at breakfast. It's a really lovely place, but it may not be the best choice if you're shy and like your privacy. It really is a lot like visiting family.

Room Tip: Garden Room or Pig Pen for breakfast with hosts. To self-cater, choose other rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paige W
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We found this on Trip Advisor and didn't know quite what to expect when we got there. The photos on the website are a bit old and usually that is a bad thing... but this B&B was awesome! Better than I could have expected. The property is gorgeous. The landscaping is unbelievable. We stayed in the Chicken Coop Suite. There is a bedroom and a room with a living room, kitchen and dining area. There is also a small bathroom and a small private porch. It was perfect for my 2 year old son and I. We spent most of our time at the farm. When we arrived, Biz showed us to our room and then we explored outside. There is a tree house with a big slide, swings over a little creek, a fire pit by the creek, a hammock, a huge, beautiful Koi pond that you can feed the fish at or swim in, a beautiful sun bathing deck, a grilling area with tables and chairs, benches and chairs throughout the gardens where you can sit and relax or read, an adorable 2 story playhouse for the kids, the barns with the animals, a huge field, etc. etc. My son LOVED the optional farm chores in the morning! We loved spending time with Biz and Vicki. This was such a special trip, relaxing, fun for us! I can't wait to go back. We also loved driving nearby to the Susquehanna River - we went for a hike to the top of the river and we also found a park and beach right on the river, in Columbia the town right nearby - just a few minutes drive.

Room Tip: Rooms with kitchens make their own breakfast. Rooms without kitchens get to eat with Tom & Biz.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank outdoormomma
Reviewed 7 July 2013

What can I say? Five years taking kids here; their home away from home. Not fancy or big, but really clean and kid friendly. Tom, Biz and Vicky are truly wonderful people. Low key and wonderful for children. Thanks Fogies!!!

Room Tip: Only four rooms, whatever you pick, choose in advance and have fun!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank merj97
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
#1 of 3 in Elizabethtown
West Ridge Guest House
West Ridge Guest House
#2 of 3 in Elizabethtown

Been to Olde Fogie Farm? Share your experiences!