“Fantastic falls short of describing this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morton, PA
“Fantastic falls short of describing this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Recently spent 3 nights in the "cottage" with my cavalier Christy. Pam and Dallas's hospitality is terrific. Making me feel right at home in their beautiful setting. The breakfast was phenomenal. No way you would have told me I'd have eaten "Oatmeal Souffle" but it was better than dessert!
Fall leaves were just changing and we enjoyed nice walks on the old river walk. I can't wait to return.

Christy was a little shy with their resident Lab, but I'm guessing next visit she will warm up to his greetings!

Room Tip: The cottage was very private and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank irishwit2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We spent 2 nights at this beautiful house. We spent time in the afternoon sipping wine and relaxing on the lovely front porch. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were incredible.
Pam and Dallas are great hosts. They are very helpful made great suggestions for sightseeing and restaurants. Breakfast was delicious!! It was great that the time was flexible. Pam baked wonderful treats each afternoon along with coffee or tea.
A very enjoyable weekend!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank carolmike55
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

I found this gem on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot. I've never stayed in a B&B before so was very skeptical about what it would be like. That said, BFHH is a very warm and welcoming place. Starting with the beautiful curb appeal then on to the giant welcoming porch, into the home itself, everything was great. The innkeepers Pam and Dallas (and their beautiful Lab Quincy) are exactly the kind of people I had pictured running a B&B- friendly, welcoming, and eager to talk and find out more about you. And then there came breakfast, which was filling, delicious, creative, and original. Luckily Pam lists some of the recipes on the website. I think her muffins served with the Amish butter she had may have been on of the most decadent things I have ever tested (and I am a food snob). Saturday afternoon we were greeted by a delicious chocolate cake along with fresh coffee and tea. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Also, the innkeepers offered discounts to many restaurant in various towns throughout Lancaster County and had many great suggestions. I would most certainly stay here again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dlvassallo
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed one night at the B.F. Hiestand House while on an 8 day roadtrip/vacation. The house is beautiful, the hosts were friendly & helpful and unobtrusive, the room was charming, the bed very comfortable (and the sheets were heavenly!). The front porch was definitely a favorite place to relax with a cup of their wonderful coffee. Breakfast was delicious and just what we needed before getting back on the road. As a dog lover, I really enjoyed playing with Quincy, their well behaved & charming yellow lab. Our stay was one of our favorite parts of our trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Victoria Room and would highly recommend it.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Had a wonderful 2 nights at the B.F. Hiestand House last week. The hosts are very nice people and very accomodating. They were able to give us great suggestions for dinner. McCleary's Irish pub was recommended and the food was awesome! I love the front porch, huge, and comfortable. My wife and I had coffee one morning on the porch while the rain came down, very relaxing. Breakfast is just awesome and I was very impressed with the creativity in the food. The flexability for breakfast was another treat as well. We have never been to a B&B that gave us the option to choose the time we would have breakfast. Loved this place and made great memories here.

Room Tip: If you like the sun in the morning stay in the room above the porch. The bathroom has an awesome sho...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

My wife and I just got back from a one night stay at B.F. Hiestand House. This was our first trip to the Lancaster region, and we had a great stay- definitely could have used more than a night. We arrived on the late side after a day of touring- and got a brief story behind the Inn and were showed to our room. We splurged for the little extra spend and went for the Cannon Cottage. My wife and I are not huge fans of the socializing that usually comes with B&Bs, so this was perfect for us. It is a little annex behind the actual inn, I believe he said it is actually a converted garage. They did an awesome job with the place. It is a great setup with a king size bed (very comfy), Flat screen on the wall, little bar height table with two chairs and a little kitchenette with a sink, fridge (with soft drinks and water) and a keurig with a whole coffee lineup. We brought a bottle of Champagne so the fridge came in handy. There were two pieces of very tasty Chocolate Cake waiting for us. The bathroom was great; heated floors, Cool shower with multiple jets and a great two person Jacuzzi. The jacuzzi worked well; the jets were nice and it had cool lights. There was also a gas fireplace in the room which we tried using but it just wasn't cool enough outside - so we had to turn it off because the room was getting too warm. We really just liked having our own little place so we can come and go as we please. The breakfast in the morning was delivered to our room- this was an option with the Cannon Room, you can either come in and have your breakfast in the dining room or have it delivered to the room. The food was great and it was a huge portion. On the menu was juice of your choice, Banana bread muffin, eggs, french toast dish with pears, sausage and a blueberry yogurt parfait. The room was very clean. All in all I would say it was a great stay and we would come back and would highly recommend the Cannon Cottage if you are planning on staying. Thanks Pam and Dallas for a great stay and we hope to see you again.

Room Tip: Go with the Cannon Cottage!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NewJerseyTraveler79
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

You have to stay at BFHH! From the breakfast to the rooms, it's amazing! The house is decorated very nice and it's so clean! The owners are friendly and informative. My husband and I will return. I'm sure my parents will stay here if they visit this area.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection
#1 of 8 in Ephrata
The Olde Square Inn
The Olde Square Inn
#1 of 10 in Mount Joy

Been to B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!