“Absolutely wonderful Bed and Breakfast!”

Ascot House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This has to be one of the nicest bed and breakfasts I've stayed at in years. It is a quaint inn in the middle of a lovely Pennsylvanis town. And Wendy could not have been more accomodating. As soon as we arrived, she made us feel ike we were at home. And anything we needed, she was always happy to help with a smile. The breakfast was great too (especially the apple turnover)! I would highly recommend this place as a nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was looking for something to do with friends in Dec of 2013. I read reviews about Ascot house and decided to book it. My friends and I had the most amazing time with Wendy the owner. She makes you feel like family. Before I left that weekend I booked another weekend in March so I could go with my husband. He loved it so much we booked again for April and we brought our kids who are 16 and 20. They loved her and want to go back again. My husband and I booked again for Sept. Going there is like visiting with your favorite relative who makes you feel so at home that you just want to keep going back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kathyc318723
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent our 2nd wedding anniversary there. Beautiful! Lovely atmosphere. Food was excellent and Wendy was an absolute delight. New the area for information for sights to see. We ventured out to York to the Harley Davidson plant a free tour. The dinning in the area was reasonable and yummy and most of all friendly. We would definitely visit there again. Great get away in a quaint small town.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was our first time at Ascot House. It was highly recommended by friends who stayed there last year, so we went with them this year. It couldn't have been nicer or more comfortable. The B&B was immaculate and everything was in perfect working order. Wendy was the perfect hostess - she went out of her way to make sure we were happy with our room and everything about her beautiful 'home'. She set out wine and cheese for us when we arrived and made sure her breakfast menu's were to our liking. She was very interesting to talk to, and also gave us private time to enjoy our friends and her other guests. She made good recommendations about restaurants and things to do, and provided information about many of the attractions in the area. We had a GREAT and relaxing weekend getaway - it couldn't have been better!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was a surprise getaway for my fiance. I wanted something simple and relaxing. This was not simple, it was simply the best way to take a break from the everyday stressors of life. Mrs. Wendy is such a lovely person. We felt very welcomed and at home in her bed and breakfast.The rooms were just as described, beautifully decorated and romantic. Being able to relax in front of the fire with a glass of wine was the perfect end to a day. We are already talking about going back in the summer just to see the beauty of this gem in full bloom.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our first visit here and my parents first B&B stay. We all enjoyed our stay, the house is very nice, great food, Wendy is a wonderful hostess, cook, and innkeeper! We highly recommend trying a B&B if you have never and staying at this one next time you visit this area! We stayed in the Surry and my parents were in the Norfolk. Thanks Wendy!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, choose 2nd floor if steps are a problem.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our 4th stay at the Ascot House and it was just as wonderful as the other 3 visits. We brought friends of ours with us this time and they loved it just as much as we do. Wendy goes out of her way to make everyone comfortable and feel very much at home. The rooms are all extremely nice, most are very very large with wonderful bathrooms. We have stayed in 3 rooms and our favorite is The Surrey, for the oversized bathroom with working gas fireplace. We participated in the early evening wine and cheese on Friday night and also the traditional English Tea on Saturday afternoon which you must be sure to be hungry for because it's incredible! There's plenty to do in the area and we always leave thinking we will be back because we couldn't do it all, plus just spending the weekend at the Ascot House and with Wendy is reason enough to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARIAN C

Been to Ascot House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!