“Ascot House B&B deserves an "A"”

Ascot House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you want to be pampered spend some time at the Ascot. Wendy, the innkeeper, thinks of everything to make your stay truly special. I loved listening to her stories, which at times were quite funny. The house is very interesting with quite an historical background and the gardens are delightful. I plan to go back soon and listen to more of Wendy's stories and stay in a beautiful home which has character and grace. Thank you, Wendy

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful and well-appointed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grandma8991

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We came back to this B & B a year later because Wendy is such an awesome hostess. We had the whole house to ourselves because another couple had a cancel due to an emergency. She would sit and chit-chat with us whenever she could. We purchased her afternoon tea, which I highly recommend, and she sat and chatted with us. She shared this story about a potential guest asking her if she would give her husband more than one egg for breakfast because a different B & B wouldn't accommodate her request. Wendy said, "you can have as many eggs as you want! Just ask." This is why we love staying here. She is so sweet, and her breakfasts are wonderful!! We will be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I booked the Ascot House because certain rooms were pet friendly and we wanted to bring our dog. We were not sure how it would go but it was truly a great experience. Wendy made us feel so at home. We stayed in the surrey room which was lovely, very clean and comfortable bed. The bathroom was so nice also which had a large soaking tub and fireplace. Breakfast was great and Wendy even checked with us when we checked in as to whether we had any special dietary needs and she told us the menu and asked if that was okay with us. She gave us a bottle of wine which we enjoyed in her lovely landscaped yard. This was the first time we traveled with our and it all went so well thanks to Wendy. We hope to go back again over the summer.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I were married here and return every year on our anniversary. We enjoy our time with Wendy, the wine and cheese platter in the evening and the incredible breakfast in the morning. The grounds are spectacularly beautiful. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. There is no other B&B we would even consider!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This has to be one of the nicest bed and breakfasts I've stayed at in years. It is a quaint inn in the middle of a lovely Pennsylvanis town. And Wendy could not have been more accomodating. As soon as we arrived, she made us feel ike we were at home. And anything we needed, she was always happy to help with a smile. The breakfast was great too (especially the apple turnover)! I would highly recommend this place as a nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was looking for something to do with friends in Dec of 2013. I read reviews about Ascot house and decided to book it. My friends and I had the most amazing time with Wendy the owner. She makes you feel like family. Before I left that weekend I booked another weekend in March so I could go with my husband. He loved it so much we booked again for April and we brought our kids who are 16 and 20. They loved her and want to go back again. My husband and I booked again for Sept. Going there is like visiting with your favorite relative who makes you feel so at home that you just want to keep going back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kathyc318723
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent our 2nd wedding anniversary there. Beautiful! Lovely atmosphere. Food was excellent and Wendy was an absolute delight. New the area for information for sights to see. We ventured out to York to the Harley Davidson plant a free tour. The dinning in the area was reasonable and yummy and most of all friendly. We would definitely visit there again. Great get away in a quaint small town.

• Stayed: March 2014

Been to Ascot House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!