“Discount to Red Roof Inn Guests”
Review of Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Good value and service nice seating and prompt attention to us with check backs often to make sure everything ok.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We went here last night after we saw the $12.99 3 course special advertised on their website at http://www.lonestarsteakhouse.com/Specials. We ordered our drinks and looked at the menu. We didn't see the special from the website anywhere. So I pulled the site up on my phone to check and the special was there on the site. I asked the waitress about the special and was told it ended a month ago. We then asked to speak to the manager.

The manager came out and told me the same story except he said it was at least 9 months ago when the special ended. I showed him on the phone and he insisted that I had that on my phone from before. He told me to refresh it which I did. Then he went on to tell us that the items in the special were not available anymore. I looked at the special on my phone and pointed out that the Bacon wrapped filet and the spinach & artichoke dip were still available on their regular menu. At that point he immediately changed his story. We were told that the registers are programmed for the current promos so he couldn't do anything for us. He kept pushing some new $10 special which we did not get an insert for in our menus. I asked to see the insert for the current special.

You would hope this would be the end of this nightmare but it's not. Another waitress brought us the current specials sheet. Then she told us that the specials were not any good with the kids eat free promo. At this point we were getting annoyed it had been 30 minutes since we had been seated. We had nothing but our drinks and what once was fresh bread and butter. Seriously the bread was old and warmed up in the microwave. And the butter tasted like food in the refrigerator.

We finally had enough and when the waitress came back I asked for the check. We now know why this place was dead. It's used to be a great place. But now it's just horrible. I seriously don't think anyone would notice if it was shut down. The worst part is my 6 year was crying because we had to leave.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Read all the reviews thought id see for myself, was average, usual menu. Same as everyone else. Service was good nothing spectacular. If you're traveling and want your basic ssteakhouse in Pittsburgh this be the place. Close to hotels and beer distribution store.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I am a huge steak House fan, so I was hesitant to go to Lonestar. I am so glad we did. We were there New Years Eve with a party of 10.I ordered a special deal.$13 for a small bacon wrapped steak and potato. You also had a choice of dessert or appetizer , which was included in the 13. It was SO good. I was pleasantly surprised. I will definitely go back. My only issue was the kids menu. My daughter wanted ribs and they weren't able to.reduce the size of an adult meal, so we had to buy the adult portion and of course she didn't finish, but not a huge deal. We may just make it a date night place. Dessert was just ok. I should have gotten the appetizer.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Visited friday 12/7/12 about 6:30 pm- seated immediately. All staff has a great positive attitude. Enthusiastic, helpful server, Deb, visited often enough, made excellent conversation and suggestions. We sat in the row directly in front of server's station on the far wall from the sallon bar. When filet/shrimp entree was delayed, she suggested $2 appetizer. Also suggested add of steak toppings. When i did not eat the spicy dip sauce for coconut shrimp, she brought out grilled shrimp with a good garlic sauce- didnt expect that! Im still missing a sweet dip sauce for the coconut shrimp tho. Food was well prepared and flavorful. Bathroom maintenance and dessert selection :could improve. $50 plus tip for 2 filet dinners, one with shrimp, with sodas and no dessert or appetizers.