“A very Happy St. Patty's Day!”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Once again, I can not say enough about the Pocono Palace (a Cove Haven Entertainment Resort)! My husband and I met a group of people there to celebrate St. Patty's Day and we were not disappointed. Loved the room, the resort and the company! I can't get enough and find myself already missing it (after only a month) and trying to figure out when I can possibly get back again. There are only a few places in the US that offer private pools and this is one of them (the only in the New England area). I love that the pool is in the room so when they say "private pool" they truly mean it! I will be returning!

Room Tip: Even though the Garden of Eden Apple has no windows, it has become our favorite suite. We love that...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

So happy to hear you’ll be returning. Thank you for the review.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,090)

Reviewed 17 April 2012

First off any vacation is what you make of it!!  I live on long island and the 2 1/2hr drive made this the ultimate honeymoon spot for us since my dad is sick and I need to be home at a moments notice. We first checked in April 12th at cove harbor resort and stayed for two nights. Honestly at first I was a little put off by the "cheesy" romantic factor but after we were pinned honeymooners I must admit I fell right into my role as "love struck" bride. I could't help it!!!  The staff is so accommodating!  The food is so so. But we didn't come to eat :-). The breakfast however is wonderful. As for diner we enjoyed the buffet much more then the sit down meal. I actually loved it there so much I called and booked us an extra night at pocono palace in the roman tower and me and my new husband had the time of our lives. We already booked my birthday weekend in september and we can't wait!!!!! We will be staying in the "garden of Eden" room at pocono palace.  The price and free upgrade made the    deal irresistible

• Stayed: April 2012
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Congratulations Avamayva. We love ‘love struck brides’. So happy to hear you’ll be back! See you in September.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I booked the champagne towers for our anniversary. The entertainment was perfect, the food was ok but I would like to see more variety with the buffet. Our room was clean and didnt smell like the others but there are a few things we would have liked to have. We would liked to have had some firewood for the fireplace instead of purchasing "logs" as an added expense, we would have liked to have a CD player along with the radio (thankfully we brought our own) and the beds are hard and uncomfortable, My husband is a pretty tall man and the round bed just doesnt hold us correctly along with the ruff sheets didnt provide a great sleeping experiance..BUT we made the best of things and it is up in the air weather or not we will be back or not.

Room Tip: Bring your own CD player
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank curlyQ823
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thanks for the feedback. We'll check out the beds and make sure they are comfy. We hope you decide to visit us again!

Reviewed 4 April 2012

This was my mate and I first time going to the poconos. We were looking to have a romantic getaway and thought "what better place than the poconos" since they advertise themselves as a love paradise. HA!!! We went there this past weekend. The grounds were nice and even the reservation area was decent. The dining room, waiting area and bar in the main lobby was clean and updated. We were so excited to be there. The staff was nice and friendly. No lines waiting to checkin. Room was available early. Thought this is perfect. Then we head to the fairway suite. The room was awful! You open the door and you first notice the stale smell in the air. Then you notice the psychedelic dirty carpet on the floor. Then there is the white dirty Formica dresser/headboard type thing they got going on that is also carpeted at the top. Tv/VCR combo. It is 2012 who has a VCR? If this wasn't bad enough there was some crazy timer thing that you had to turn in order to get hot water. We had to go to the cvs down the road to buy cleaning products to clean the room. Not sure if the room was cleaned but it damn sure the hell didn't look like it. Ok now we r still trying to make the most of the weekend and not complain but every time we stepped into that room it felt like it was 1970s. The grounds and amenities were cool. So we tried to stay out as long as possible. As we head back to our room we notice that there are approximately 10 rooms in this section but we are the only occupants. This was odd since we were informed that the suite i was booking at the time was almost completely booked for the weekend. We couldnt help but to feel that this area was being left empty prayerfully due to them trying to update it but angry that we were placed there. We get back to this room to sleep and realize that 2 of the 3 pillows we had were not really pillows! READY FOR THIS! They were pillowcases stuffed with other pillowcases to try and make pillows. We couldn't believe we spent the money that we did and travelled as far as we did (NY) to stay at a place like this. So hence my title FIRST AND LAST. I can definitely find a better place to stay for the amount they request. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ogunyemsi C
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

We are very surprised to have received this review as we make every effort to take care of our guests’ well being and comfort.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 1 night in the Roman Towers room at the Pocono Palace resort. We went in with an open mind completely aware that the place was going to be cheesy romantic fun. I mean really, it has a champagne glass hot tub (the thing we were most excited about!!) We were not disappointed at all. We had a wonderful check in, the room was clean and as awesome as we thought it was going to be and huge! The room was so huge. We made sure to make use of all the amenities in the room... twice. We were actually sad that we could not just order room service for dinner, we didn't want to leave the room. We happened to be there on the buffet dinner night, and I was definitely not impressed with the dinner or the desserts especially for the price. I would give a 4 out of 10, but the people watching was off the charts amazing. We had breakfast in bed, and our breakfast sandwich was awesome! However, we did not come here for the food, we came to have the best time ever and that is exactly what happened, it was definitely a night I will never forget, I wish we could have stayed longer, but that just was not in the budget. However, I only recommend the fancier rooms. Most of the complaints I have seen online were from people that got the small cheaper rooms. You get what you pay for, and the Roman Towers was worth it.
You do not go to this place to get a 5 star hotel experience, you go there to have a 5 star experience with your partner.

Room Tip: Definitely get one of the better rooms, the champagne glass is worth it!
14  Thank Reviewer2900

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent experience at Pocono Palace. Our Team is delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We arrived at Pocono Palace on Friday March 9th. We immediately noticed that the grounds were very nice, even though nothing is in bloom yet. The main building where we checked in was fairly modern and nicely maintained. Our comments about service begin with our experience check-in where we were greeted by a very nice lady named Gail. She was extremely friendly and cheerful, and told us everything that we needed to know about the resort. We make a point of mentioning her name because as we left the building I mentioned to my partner that customer service like hers deserves recognition. Fast forward to our room which was one of the new Roman Tower Suites. We were in room 704 and when we opened the door there was the standard champagne glass jacuzzi directly in front of us. The living room area was appointed with a decent sized sofa and coffee table along with two high-back chairs and a smaller table. To the right and up the first set of stairs was a private heart-shaped pool, and below that a massage table and a very nice sized dry sauna. On the bedroom level there was the (kind of cheesy) round bed, a huge bathroom with a large shower (single shower head) and the shower also had a steam bath. There was room in the shower for two people to sit comfortably. Unfortunately the steam bath feature wasn't working and we did call the front desk to mention this. Unfortunately this wasn't able to be fixed during our stay but it wasn't a deal-breaker. The room was very clean, none of the funky smells some people report, even though ours was a smoking room...(our choice.)

Meals are inclusive, but as many other reviewers have mentioned, drinks are extra which makes this not quite like the all-inclusives at other vacation resorts. No huge deal for us because we always bring our own alcohol. Our first night at dinner was a huge pasta buffet. Neither of us is a fan of gut-buster meals so we were pleased that there was also really good chicken marsala and rice pilaf, along with a very decent green salad. No, this is not gourmet food by "foodie" standards, but it was every bit as good as any nice meal that I prepare at home on a week-night. We each had a cocktail at dinner and they were good although a bit tiny for the price. With tip for drinks we paid about 22 dollars for the two drinks. I should mention that the dining room overlooks a beautiful lake which totally makes up for the fact that the decorating scheme is a combination of rustic hunting lodge battling it out with Roman columns...It was a bit confusing but kind of fun at the same time. Service in the dining room was terrific! Every single person bent over backwards to make sure that everybody was attended to quickly and professionally. The mood during dinner was romantic and candle-light. Breakfast was served in the same restaurant the next morning and again, service was outstanding. We were offered champagne at breakfast (lovely but we aren't much for champagne with our eggs...still many seemed to enjoy it.) We only made it through the first part of the buffet line with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, ham, home fries and tons of really good fresh fruit. There were also Eggs Benedict which looked great but we didn't try. Though we are only good for one plate of food we did notice that many people (mostly the young men!) went up numerous times and came back with plates piled with all sorts of food that must have been good because there seemed to be many trips up to the buffet! Dinner on Saturday night was "Strip Night"...an all you can eat table service meal consisting of strip steak, ribeye, salmon, and I think chicken. We opted for the ribeye and it was very well done. Standard baked potato, green beans that were so good they deserve a mention, and sauteen mushrooms and onions. Appetizers were also offered and we had the mozzarella and tomato stack which was very good. We each had two cocktails on Saturday (I had the Madori Sour which was the drink special, and my partner had margaritas with Petron...4 drinks with tip came to 45 dollars...pricey but we didn't find them to be outrageous. We've paid more and we've paid less...these were about average...) Getting off-track, I forgot to mention that I am a bit of a coffee snob, but their coffee was really, really good.

Activities are included in your stay and we hadn't planned for man-made snow so we really didn't dress for snow-mobiling, although we did see many couples out on the fairly modest trail. We are guessing that the size of the trail likely has something to do with the fact that each day was well over freezing...There were also various games held in the lounge, along with a wine-tasting that was going on in the lounge on the day we arrived. Each evening there is a live band and a comedian though we didn't take part in any of the activities or the live entertainment. It is nice to know that there are things to do outside of eating and hanging out in the room, but quite honestly, with a pool, a jacuzzi, and a steam bath in the room you can pretty much entertain yourselves. This is after all a couples resort and we like to go to the Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts to spend alone time. This is our 5th stay at one of the Cove Haven Resorts and as much as we liked our first 4 trips to Cove Haven, we are now going to spend our time, at least for now, at Pocono Palace. Maybe by the end of the year we will make it to Cove Haven's other resort, Paradise Stream, but for now we just want to go back to the Palace!

Here our our "Pro's" and "Con's"

Pros:
The Roman Towere Suites are the highest end suites and well worth the money. They are spacious, clean, and FUN! The motif is a bit Las Vegas but in a fun way.

Service is absolutely outstanding. They must send each employee to special customer service training and it shows.

The food is really pretty good...not gourmet but very good. If you are a foodie there will be no molecular gastronomy so don't expect it. Do expect that you will find something good to eat and it is all-inclusive.

There are on-site activities which is cool...we didn't need any extra entertaining but again it seemed like many people were really enjoying themselves.

The grounds are very well maintained, walkable, and secluded. I don't think we saw as much as a cigarette butt on the walkways.

Cons:

Drinks can be pricey if you are watching your wallet. No worries though, just bring your own adult beverages from home to enjoy in your room...Soft drinks are free...

There are no paid movies in the rooms at Pocono Palace...If you want anything beyond expanded cable you should bring your own, or you can borrow from guest services...

The round bed can be a bit awkward...not horrible just awkward. It's basically a king-size bed with the corners carved off...It is comfy though...

My biggest con...We have to go back to reality and cannot stay there...This is not an inexpensive place to go so we do have to go back to the real world and work towards our next stay!

Room Tip: Roman Tower Suite is the highest level accomidation. Save up and pick this one!
4  Thank LisaDoreen
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for another great review LisaDoreen! We’ll miss seeing you at Cove Haven, but happy you found Pocono Palace.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We have been going to Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts (formerly Caesar's) for 20 years. Pocono Palace is our favorite. As "Forever Lovers" we take advantage of discounts and mid-week pricing, as well as a 2 category upgrade when available. We have visited close to 30 times and have rarely been disappointed.

Accommodations: We only book from the Garden of Eden Apple and higher. That way we know that if we can't bump up, we will still have an accommodation we like. We have never, I repeat NEVER encountered bedbugs during any of our visits. I'm sure that issue can be a headache for any resort hotel, because they can easily be brought in by a prior guest. I am happy to say that has never been an issue for us. At every check in, we have been greeted by a clean room. Are some of the accommodations aging? Yes. They are also in the process of renovating. Most recently (the week before Valentine's Day 2012) we stayed in a Champagne Towers and were thrilled to see new carpeting and a/c-heating units. The pools have recently been painted and there are brand new flat screen tv's. If the room smells like cigarettes, you have been given a smoking room. There are plenty of non-smoking rooms. Make sure you state your preference when you make your reservation. All public areas are non-smoking, including the dining room, lounge and nightclub.

Dining: You will usually find breakfast or dinner as a buffet on the weekends when the resort is busier. During the week, it's usually ordered from a menu. There are always three or four choices, and we have found that you can order your meal prepared however you like. We enjoy the breakfast in bed at 8 am, and still make it to the dining room before 11 for "brunch". That usually carries us over until dinner, especially with the hors d'oeuvres in the lounge at 5 pm. We were disappointed when they changed the "breakfast in bed" from a nice full breakfast to a breakfast sandwich on ciabatta bread, but it is still tasty.

Activities: We go to Pocono Palace for a getaway, and therefore pick and choose the activities in which we participate. They are adding different, new activities lately and we really enjoyed ones such as the wine tasting, the cooking show, the "aphrodisiac tasting", and of course the LuvBear hunt (which we found after six weeks of being "lost"). The blindfolded golf cart course was absolutely hilarious. We find the CXO's to be fun and personable. I'm sure that's not the easiest job in the world....especially when the crowds are small. And there's always the occasional drunk who thinks everything he says is absolutely hilarious. I've never seen a CXO lose his/her composure regardless of the audience. Are some activities X rated? You bet! Why not? Let's face it, people don't go there just for the fishing. Participate in as much or as little as you like. We always pick and choose. BTW, the fishing is great and there are tagged trout that will win you prizes. The resort can supply you with poles and bait.

Staff: We have always found the staff to be courteous, attentive, and friendly. If something becomes an issue, they handle it with grace. We were there one time when there was an issue with a water pipe,, turning the water in some of the rooms a dark color. They handed out bottled water, and were booking guests into other resorts until the problem could be solved. We were fortunate enough to be checking out that day. That is the only glitch we have ever experienced.

So many Pocono couples resorts have disappeared, that it's nice to still have a place close by, where we can escape the real world and be "childless" , while enjoying an all adult environment. If you encounter a problem, you need to speak up and bring it to the attention of the management. They will do all they can to take care of the problem. Check your accommodation as soon as you walk in....if it doesn't meet your approval, for whatever reason, go back and speak to the front desk immediately.

Stay three times and become a "Forever Love" which entitles you to really great discounts and upgrades. Those three stays can be as short as one night each, as long as they are on separate occasions.

There is much I have not covered. If you have questions, please feel free to ask!

Room Tip: We book anything from the Garden of Eden Apple or higher. Having a pool in the room is worth it...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Toni H

Thank you for the helpful, in-depth review toeknee2. We love that you keep coming back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!