My husband and I are forever lovers who have stayed 34, 35 ?? times now since 2009 ( I lost track). Our last trip was in October for our anniversary. We decided to book a stay during the month of love... as a valentines day gift to each other. Due to our schedules we had to go before Valentines day...but that was ok.
Once again we were greeted at the front desk by Teresa and Gail. They always make us feel welcomed and greet us with big smiles. They are both A+ when it comes to customer service! It was nice to be back since it had been a while. Teresa checked us in with speed and ease...and we were off to breakfast.
We never have an issue with our food... it's always very warm and tasty. Sue the chef and all the kitchen and dining room staff do a great job. There is lots to choose from for every diet and appetite. If you have any special needs all you have to do is ask ahead of time. If you leave hungry it's totally your fault! Josephine and Beth were both on the first day we arrived and welcomed us back by remembering our favorite table and what we always drink. We love seeing the staff from stay to stay and catching up with each one of them. I wanted to add we also had the pleasure of being waited on by Sam one night. She is wonderful and such a joy to talk with...not to mention a great server.
We were given an upgrade to the Champagne towers. On entry we noticed the nice new carpet, new heating/AC units in both the downstairs living room and upstairs bedroom. Everything was in great working order and I think the new carpet looks very nice. The cleaning staff always does a great job. If I could wish for one thing... I would wish for some extra towels because I end up having to call and bother housekeeping to bring me more LOL. It is nice to see improvements to the resort. I understand they have many rooms...and 3 resorts to upgrade so it's not going to happen overnight. We were extremely happy with our room as usual. We decided to decorate our room for Valentines day to make it extra special. I will try and include some photos at the end of my review.
We so enjoyed all the activities we did with both Dina and Rob. It's funny how they get my husband to do things he wouldn't normally take part in....... they both make it fun and I was shocked to see my husband on the basketball court with Rob playing a basket game. We had lots of fun and always look forward to the activities. I also have to throw in here that we played Bingo with Dina the first night and I actually won the jackpot!!!! First time in my life! Its funny because I won it with my "loser card" LOL.
I had a special request for dinner for my husband the first night we stayed. I mentioned it to Teresa on arrival and she went out of her way to make it happen. My husband was so thrilled with the surprise and I really appreciated Teresa and Sue the chef going above and beyond for him. It may have been something small to most people...but he was thrilled! I can't thank them enough.
I can't comment on the entertainment because we did not stay for it.... we decided to stay in our room and enjoy the tub, pool and fireplace. It was very cozy since it was snowing. Snow looks much better in the land of love!!!! I have to say I thought the guys did a good job with snow removal the next morning. They had our walkway shoveled before we walked out our door and we are early risers. The parking lots and resort roads where well maintained as well. I didn't bring boots and was fine in just sneakers.
My husband and I really enjoyed our getaway in the land of love. We really wanted to enjoy "alone time" without the kids... just the two of us. We did a lot of relaxing this time. We did run into one couple we knew and it was nice seeing them. It was a surprise because we didn't tell anyone we were going...and they didn't either LOL. I looked up and saw them and did a double take ! I guess we had the same idea....to fly in under the radar! That is another great thing about the resorts. We have meet lifelong trusted friends from here. Friends we actually get together with several times per year at the resort.... and outside of the resort.
I also like that lots of deals are being offered to make our stay more affordable. We could not pay full price and I do only book when I can get a deal. So please keep those deals coming.
So we had another great stay. I had no complaints about anything. I did mention one small thing I noticed in the room to the desk before I left... but that was just a suggestion not a complaint. Something I noticed about our room that had actually been a "improvement" that wasn't working as well as it should. I have full faith that someone was going to look into it.
The only terrible thing about this resort is the fact that time seems to move at the speed of light. It almost seems like double time! You check in and before you know it your leaving :-( ...so can someone fix that LOL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pocono Palace Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Pocono Palace also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. A 32,000 square foot sports arena hosts many of the games and activities while the property sits on over 400 acres of land surrounding by a thick of trees, making for great opportunities for long walks with your lover while admiring the beauty of the Pocono Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pocono Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocono Palace Hotel Marshalls Creek
- Caesars Pocono Palace Poconos
- Poconos Palace