“great little getaway”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Long Beach, New York
“great little getaway”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

this place is great. don't let the bad reviews fool you. if you are a picky person who looks at every little crack in the foundation of a hotel or the outdated wallpaper, then just go away. sure, the carpeting in the room should probably be redone, but other than that, this place is great. the food at the dinner was excellent. it was a choice of 4 meals.. .a steak, a chicken, pasta or seafood. my husband had the steak and i had the chicken and both were great. we loved our private pool in the room and hanging out in the arcade room after dinner was a great escape from the normal b.s. we deal with everyday. i've been having such a hard time the last few weeks and coming here was a perfect getaway from the stress of everyday life. i'm sad that we're checking out tomorrow. and if you read the post from a person who talked about avoiding room 309, don't worry about it. that's the exact room we were given and it's perfectly fine... unless you're sooo focused on a little thing like carpeting. but so far this place is aces. from checking in, to the wait staff at dinner and the great bartender in the lounge, everything has been awesome!! we totally plan on coming back soon, and can't wait to tell all our friends!!

Room Tip: bring your own booze to hang out in your room with.. bring your own firewood logs... and bring your...
1 Thank mobgirl86
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you, mobgirl86. <3 this review! See you next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Best getaway ever!!!!! Always something to do, great food and the Champagne Tower room was immaculate! The only small gripe I have is the night life on site. We stayed the weekend and left Tuesday. They had nice entertainment on sat-sun and a dj with karaoke on a monday night? I would have liked a dj/karaoke on a Saturday or friday. People like to dance together on Saturday nights. Thats the only small gripe. Put dj's with a good mix of today and yesterday music so everyone can dance.

• Stayed March 2014
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sharing it with our entertainment consultant. Hope to see you again.
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had received a gift certificate from my parents to visit one of the Cove Haven resorts. I wanted a room with a pool so I was able to pay the extra to get into the Fantasy Apple suites.

Like many others I was a bit nervous about going as I saw so many mixed reviews but I went with an open mind that everything would be great and it was!

We arrived at Pocono Palace around noon and we checked in quickly. We were told they would call us when our room was ready. We took the time to check out the game room and then grabbed lunch. As soon as we sat down to eat we got the call that our room was ready. It was only 1pm.

After a quick overview of the resort and the activities we went over to the Fantasy Apple Suites. These are situated not far from the outdoor pool and they have a private small deck that overlooks the lake. Upon entering I noticed the room was very clean and there was no strange smells as some people have mentioned. We took our time exploring and everything was in order. I will admit the room is straight out of the 1980's as far as decor but there was a flat screen TV and DVD player as well as a Bose radio. The heart shaped jacuzzi was in fine working order and the pool was nice a warm and clean. The room is three levels with the top being the living room and fireplace area along with the glass ceiling looking into the pool, the next level is your bed, jacuzzi and deck and then the lower level is your bathroom and pool and sauna. We were very satisfied with our room!

Dinner and breakfast is in the dining room. We requested a table for two and it was granted. (Actually it looked like most couples had their own table). The menu for dinner changes nightly. It reminded me of dining on a cruise ship. Both nights dinner was served in a timely manner and we enjoyed our meals. I would not call it gourmet food but it was good. Breakfast is the usual items: pancakes, eggs, french toast....etc....both mornings it was really good!

There are activities listed every day on the board in the lobby as well as a daily newsletter. We played Bingo one night but did not do any of the other activities.

We spent some time in the game room and had a blast playing pool and shuffleboard and ping pong. There is a small mini golf course and some video games as well.

The resort is very close to a big flea market, some skiing and also a casino and outlet shopping. There is plenty to do in the area if you want to explore. We visited the casino and the outlet one afternoon.

I really didn't see anything rundown while we were there. Staff was friendly and helpful and while the rooms were dated they were clean. If I wanted to nitpick I could totally point out some worn carpet or chips by the pool but those things are not going to ruin my trip.

My only issue was that the gift shop had very limited hours. I never got a chance to see my pictures from dinner. We went in just before 5pm and were told they were closing. Upon us checking out the gift shop was not open so we didn't get to see our pictures. : (

We had a great time and hope to go back in the summer. I will be keeping a look out for special deals as it is very expensive resort.

Room Tip: Splurge and get a room with a pool. The Fantasy Apple is excellent. You have the bonus of a private...
2 Thank joenronnie
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Great photos! Sorry to hear about the photos. We do keep them on file though. Don't hesitate to call us and we can find them for you.
Hope to see you this summer!
New Windsor, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I go to Pocono Palace every Columbus Day weekend for our Anniversary for a 4 day stay at the Roman Towers, what a great time we always have! The staff gets to know you and always personally welcomes us back.

This year we add a Winter getaway the first weekend in February. Again we had a great time. We enjoyed the pool and heart shaped spa in our room and the snowmobiles outside. Food and service is always great and it is an enjoyable and relaxing time. We always have a great time and it is a good way to get back in touch with each other.

Yes, the facilities are a little dated, but the rooms are always clean and if there are any issues, they are repaired very quickly. A new company bought the property about 18 months ago and have started to make improvements, hopefully they will continue this trend.

I you visit with an open mind, and want a lot of "Couples Time" you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSgt_Ski
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for 14 visits, MSgt_Ski!! See you next time.
Cleona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My boyfriend and I come up her every year for our birthdays ( they are one day apart ). We love it and look forward to it every year. We have stayed in the Champagne Tower Suite and also the Apple Fantasy Suites. Both of these rooms have an in room pool and hot tub. And I definitely suggest spending the extra $ to have the pool in your room!!! Its worth every penny! Champagne Suite is bigger and has bigger pool and hot tub. Fantasy Apple has a private deck off your bedroom facing the lake and the heart shaped hot tub is right in the bedroom. Our rooms have always been clean and inviting. If I would want to be nit pick I could point out flaws in every room im sure, But .. that's now what I go there for. I'm there to relax and reconnect with my love and enjoy the amenities that this resort offers. We got there around noon time and our room was ready within 15 minutes! So to some it up, clean rooms, great food, great service and fun activities. Our only complaint is that one night is never enough!!!!!!

Room Tip: * Try and get there before breakfast ends at 11. If you check in early they will let you enjoy the b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Happy birthdays!! Relaxing and reconnecting are what we're all about. So happy you find that here in the Land of Love!. See you next year.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My parents and my husband and i were there from 2/26-3/02 and all i can say is wow. The moment we got there we got an upgrade to fantasy apple(we are forever lovers) breakfast was great..check in and check was smooth..my husband and i loved all the activities in the resort..snowmobling was one of our favorites. The food was okay..my favorite was the buffet on friday night :) we loved the comedy acts and the dj was great also. We also had a great time with the CXO rob..always funny and we love CXO dina who always had a pleasant attitude..both were so much fun!! My husband and i will be returning..this is the land of love <3 <3 thank u for such great memories :)

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Missclaudio
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you, Missclaudio! We love your review and will definitely be sharing it with Rob $ Dina. See you next time. <3
South Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I bought the Groupon for the Champagne Tower Suite for my husband's birthday. I came on TripAdvisor a few days before to check out reviews, and got a little freaked out by the bad ones. I am here to tell you do NOT believe the bad stuff! We loved it! Yes, it is expensive, so it is a special occasion trip only, but worth it.

The room was great! 2 flat screen TVs (that we did not turn on), a fireplace (I paid extra for the logs. Not really necessary, but it was pretty), a really comfortable round bed, a nice sized shower, the champagne jacuzzi, and my favorite part - the private pool! Everything looked and smelled clean, and we had no complaints about the room.

We stayed for one night, so we had 1 dinner and 1 breakfast. The dinner consisted of a menu where you could choose what you wanted from several options, culminating in a 4 course meal, including dessert. Breakfast was a buffet, and everything was great there too!

Activities are awesome! They have a nice game room upstairs with several pool tables and ping pong tables, along with tabletop shuffleboard and mini golf. Outside, we did archery and snowmobiling. You can walk everywhere, which is great.

TLDR: Great room, great food, great activities. All in all, a wonderful location!

Room Tip: Get a room with a private pool en suite - worth the splurge!
2 Thank Elizabeth G
We love to hear this, Elizabeth G! So happy to hear you loved your stay at Pocono Palace. Hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,401 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,143 reviews

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!