“Recommend the Champagne Tower rooms!”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Newburgh, New York
“Recommend the Champagne Tower rooms!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our 1st stay at Pocono Palace. We spent 3 nights in a champagne tower room. Very clean, new carpets and flat-screen TV's. Overall, we had a positive experience. We were disappointed that the speed boat was broken for the entire 4 day stay. We were very much looking forward to this. The food was average/ good. CXO Dina was fun and laid back. She took us on a tour of the various rooms. Some of them really need to be freshened up and are in need of repairs. A recurring issue seems to be the jets in the whirlpool tubs being dirty and grimy looking. Not sure how this simple fix can be remedied. Maybe a small scrub brush and strong cleaner. The evening entertainment was not for us, but others appeared to be having a good time dancing and listening to the band and DJ. The comedians were entertaining. We would go back to Pocono Palace and I have recommended it to friends (you're welcome:) ), however, I'm having difficulty getting over the cost of a weekend stay. We would come several times a year if the cost was not so exorbitant.

Room Tip: -The champagne tower rooms appeared to be most recently renovated. Highly recommend. - shell out...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for the recommendations!! We appreciate your feedback and we'll be sure to check out the jets in the bathtubs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I were at a standstill of where to spend our first wedding anniversary for we would only be able to take a Friday till Monday off. She went on living social and found a deal for the Pocono palace and we decided it would be an awesome little getaway. We then went and booked the fantasy apple for 2 nights. Reading reviews we already had an idea what we were walking into, outdated rooms, musty smells, outdated activity's, rude staff and overpriced drinks. We we finally arrived at Pocono palace and I must say our expectations were demolished right there and then. The check in employee was nothing but courteous and helpfully and explained were our room was, how to get there , what time dinner was and what activities were going on that day as well as a big congratulations on our anniversary! We then drove out to our room. If you stayed or saw pics of the fantasy apple room then you know it is going to be very blue and that is exactly what it was. The room is 3 levels with level 1 being the living area with fire place, level 2 being the bedroom area with whirlpool ,deck and bedroom and level 3 with the pool , sauna, bathroom and shower. When we finally got settled in I can see where people are like "wow this is outdated" the TV in the upper level is still and 25" tube but go into the bedroom you have a nice flat screen and if you had as much fun as we did you never even turned on your tv. Yes there is wallpaper and carpet but nothing to loose your whole weekend over. Also to the ones saying the drinks were way to expensive, there is actually liquor and beer store as well as a food store 2 minutes down the road. We brought our own alcohol and had the best time our lives. Our room was so awesome we did not even participate in any of the activities beside doing paddle boats and going to hawk falls! All and All do not believe everything you read about his place it still has charm ,yes it is outdated but still fun and it is what you make out of the situation. My wife and I had the best time and would defanity return again

Room Tip: 1)Choose fantasy apple room for the pool 2) bring our own booze 3)just know there is gratuity, fe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank joeycarp
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
We <3 newlyweds! Thank you for spending your first anniversary with us! We hope to see you again, joeycarp.
USA
Reviewed 10 June 2014

So I like others read the reviews and said let me maybe ignore the reviews of others and try this one myself. Well please do not be like me and use this as a guide for Pocono Palace. This place is old, old and old, did I say Old? The staff was nice and great. They are the only thing that is great about this place. I knew it was a bad when I was waiting to check-in and I see a chair by the fireplace that is ripped. Then we go to our room and its from the 1970's. We stayed in the lakeside chalet, I thought I was camping for a minute. They have a heart shaped tub, I am attaching a pic, the tub was filthy, all the jets had mold or gross stuff in it. I am also attaching a pic of the shower head its from the 1970's. The outdoor pool is old and has many cracks in it. The floor in our room had cracks, the furniture was old the bathroom had cracks.
The Palace does have good activities, you can fish and use the paddle boats, etc. but for something that is supposed to be inclusive, you have to pay to play pool, foosball, video games (don't play pac man the screen is lopsided and it cost 50 cents to play, but you cant play because its lopsided and the horse video game we lost our money).
The food is good that is probably the most I can say. No I would not return to this place. We paid $499.00 for two nights then $89.82 for gratuity and then resort fee $40.00. That is not worth it!!!! Please stay away until the Pocono Palace decides to invest in their own property. They don't care so don't spend your money here. Furthermore if you are a Marriott rewards member and are used to your room being updated and clean, this place is not for you!

Room Tip: The Roman Towers I guess are new. I did not see the inside of the room.
7 Thank tamcorre
We are very sorry about the issues you mentioned. I would like to have a Housekeeper check out the suite you had. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of your stay. We will also be checking out the video games you mentioned.

Travellers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

Purchase, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was my and my finance's second time at Pocono Palace Resort. The first time we stayed we were in the champagne tower which was great. This time we decided to do a quick weekend getaway and there was a deal on the Lakeside Chalet so we took it. Needless to say this time we were not as impressed. The second we opened our door there was a horrible musty smell. We called the front desk and they sent someone to come and spray the room. It helped for about an hour then the smell was back so we went to the desk to tell them about it again. We were told they would put an ionizer in our room which should help, but when the guy showed up all he did was spray again. When we asked about the ionizer he said housekeeping was closed, but then told us that he was our housekeeper until 11pm??? Whatever, so we went to dinner to find a buffet which was ok, but nothing special. We then go back to our room (still musty) and decide we will try out the heart shaped whirlpool. well we went to fill it up and the whole thing was brown with leaves because apparently all the money you spend to stay there they cannot afford a filtration system so when it rains all the debris goes into the well. The kicker was we also noticed that our conditioner was used, did they even clean our room? We went to the front desk with all of this and they were very nice and upgraded us to the Fantasy Apple suite. This was much better and we were happier. The next day we have the buffet breakfast with slow drink service and then ask where we can get the boat for tubing. Guess what the boat 'broke last weekend'. Very disappointing considering we booked this resort since they had the most activities to find out they weren't available. They should probably post something on the website and let you know when you check in because this was another disappointment. We brush it off and go fishing, play some horseshoes, and go to dinner. Saturday night is strip night for the strip steak which I ordered Medium, and what I got was a piece of rubber. The second one wasn't much better but I got it down. These resorts could be so much better if they just put some money back in. I mean the rugs are probably the same from when my parents honeymooned in the 70's. You definitely don't get what you pay for considering you pay $$$$. I can;t say we will make a third trip, but if you decide to go remember that they hit you with gratuity and facility fee's which tack on another $100 buck and bring your own booze.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgraded suites.
5 Thank nyny11114
nyny11114, we would like to speak to you about your stay. Please consider reaching out to us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with a good time and number to reach you.
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Last time went to Cove Haven, but tried this place because it was closer. Room a little outdated, shower barely puts out any water. Food was not good at all - Saturday Steak got me sick after eating it and messed up our last night. In the morning today we had breakfast and buffet eggs were cold and buffet bar guy didnt care. We asked for a glass of water and it was served with a bug in it (Yuck). The nicest people were the bus boys/girls. First night wanted wine with dinner and I asked for cocktail waitress the minute we got seated and she showed up after we had dessert (took her 45 minutes to get to the table, note I told the bus boy and he told her 4 times - He got the tip instead).

Entertainment was good, but started a little later than expected. They make a big deal over the seating and I still cant figure out why. Think I will look elsewhere the next time

3 Thank Anthony H
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, Anthony H. Please know that the issues you mentioned are not typical and I will be talking to our Team Members about them. We'd love the opportunity to host you again to show you the world-class service we're known for. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Pennellville, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently visited Pocono Palace for the first time this past weekend (May 30, 2014) and had a wonderful time. The price was a bit steep for what was included and the quality of the room and food (we had a room that was on the cheaper side and it was still $700+ for the room and $400+ for the extra food and drinks) Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly gentleman at the front desk. After giving us a quick run down of the resort map, and "hotspot" (the daily itinerary) we were ready to go. I did notice prior to checking in that I was charged a $90 gratuity fee, which was fine with me, but I did have to ask who exactly that covered because I was not informed of it. The man at the front desk told me that it covered the wait staff at breakfast and dinner, and also the housekeeping staff. As I learned later on in our vacation, it DID NOT cover the bartenders, so I was glad I asked them about that. I think that should be in the fine print somewhere, or just pointed out to you when checking in. We went to our room, it was the lakeside chalet. The A/C was already on, which was a huge plus. The room was very clean with the exception of a few hidden cob webs we found behind the mirrors that surround the bed, and some hand prints on the mirrors around the heart shaped whirlpool tub. A lot of reviews I had read prior stated that the rooms and grounds were dated, and I didn't think so at all. I will agree that when I walked in, my breath wasn't taken away, but again, I wasn't expecting that either. I was very pleased with the comfy round bed, and the nice heart shaped tub. I was disappointed that there was no blow dryer in the room (I forgot mine) but that's no fault of the resorts! The dinner buffet was nothing to rave over, but it was good. A decent selection and the food was warm. Service with both the waitress and the cocktail waitress was great. Breakfast buffet again, good, nothing to rave over. Saturday night was steak night, and that was a great meal. I had a huge NY Strip, cooked PERFECTLY! We really enjoyed the comedy show on Friday night, although the single man on Saturday night was not nearly as funny. The live band was great! We didn't participate in many of the planned activities, but we did do bingo, and that was a good time. Paddle boating was fun, as was archery and riding the bikes. We sat by the pool for a while and enjoyed some sun when we weren't walking around the grounds or getting another drink! Drink prices were expensive, but that also was to be expected. We ate lunch at the Spooners cafe because lunch is not provided for you. We also ate there late night too. The food was decent, price a little too high for the size and quality. Saturday night we did order food to our room and received half cooked chicken wings (We didn't contact anyone about this as we were tired and just ready for bed), but for $12-$14 for 8-10 wings, we were a bit disappointed there. I would like to say that ALL the staff at the resort was friendly, informative, and fun! Beth was the first staff member we met outside of the front desk and she was great! She filled us in on the place, and what we might enjoy, the dress code at dinner, and much more. Jen I believe her name was, was also great. She seemed to be our cocktail server or the bartender at Tan Lines for most of the weekend. The CXO's seemed nice, I didn't have much interaction with them other then when the grabbed the mic to talk to everyone that was in the comedy club or dining room. Overall my boyfriend and myself had a very relaxed and enjoyable weekend. As any place you will go, there will be quirks, or things you aren't crazy about, but we will definitely be back. The staff and the room won us over!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
So happy to hear you loved our Team Members and your suite!! Thank you for sharing your photos too!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this resort in the past 4 years a total of 31 nights, We arrived to have Diane check us in, very friendly and hepful, we booked the champagne towers, but were upgraded to the Roman Towers, very nice, we got to our room, and everything was clean, the pool was sparkling clear, and the champagne glass jacuzzi was very clean, I always check out hotel rooms, to make sure they are clean, so good job to our house keeper. Sure the furniture is dated, but we find this place very unique, upon within the first 1/2 an hour we recieved a knock on the door, and it was guest services who presented my wife with a ballon boquet, a card, and a chilled bottle of champagne, which I did order but they did a great job to surprise her, we arrived at dinner to be greeted with a welcome back! How nice! The hostess remembered us after 8 months and thousands of couples? We were then seated to our friendly server Cat who gave excellent service, she was very proficient, Noelle was the cocktail waitress who also did not miss a beat, Dinner was a step up from last time, and we really thought the food was well presented, and great tasting, We went to the Lounge to see a band we had never seen before, they were great! Then we had seen our CXO for the evening Dina who greeted us with another welcome back. Shane at the bar did not miss a beat, and the evening really turned out nice, we had no problems with our stay, although I was dissapointed to find out that there would be no musical entertainment on Tuesday's and Thursdaý's during our stay. The staff really made our stay pleasent, so thank you to Dina, Gayle, Mathew, Karen and Gina at the bar, you made our stay wonderful, I don't know why there are some negative reviews, I guess you can't please everybody, we stayed 5 nights, and enjoyed the most relaxing anniversary yet, the only complaint I had was the entertainment for Tues,Wed, and Thursday night, I feel that it was not up to par, and I wish you would get some music acts back in there on those nights, and the putting greens on the golf course need to be redone, please check them out, ok fairways though, Glad to see that things are improving, and upgrades to the rooms are taking place, new carpets, TV's, and Furniture, painting etc.., and we were glad to hear about the new resort manager who is taking over, and the improvements they plan to implement, we will be back in October, but we hope there will be Musical Entertainment on Tuesday's and Thursday's, after all you are an "Entertainment" Resort, and I am paying to be "Entertained" But thanks for the great stay, and we will be back in October!

Room Tip: Choose the Fantasy Apple, Champagne Tower or Roman Towers, you get what you pay for!
3 Thank robgX9964HA
Happy anniversary! Thank you for staying with us 31 nights, Rob G! We appreciate all your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!