2,165 results
All reviewsfantasy appleroman towersget awaychampagne towerforever loversour honeymoonbreakfast and dinnerping ponggift shoppaddle boatsprivate poolromantic getawayheart shaped pooloutdoor activitiesyear anniversaryan open mindbuffet style
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great manager!Awesome listener and problem solver. Hector made the whole visit worth it.

It is very rare to find service with a genuine smile this days. We found it at the Poconos Palace Resort and more.

The rooms were clean. The wife and I loved it! It was our first anniversary. Totally going back!

NOTE: Be very particular about the charges for the room and what they cover.

Room Tip: do the Adam& Eve and upward the Fairway and Lakeside rooms are below par. Smoke odor lingers in some.
1  Thank Christopher B
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Happy anniversary! Thank you for the awesome review. I'll be sure to share with Hector.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I have been to Aruba Bahamas, Cancun you name it we've been there. This year we decided for a romantic getaway so we were told about a place in the Pocono mountains called Pocono Palace resort. At first we we're a bit skeptical because of so many bad reviews but as we all know every hotel has it's bad reviews. We called for reservations and Talked to Victoria who was amazingly friendly. As soon as we arrived and checked in which was a couple of hours early to my surprise our room was ready. We booked the Fantasy apple suite, from the outside it looks like a motel room but when we opened the door it was like a different world inside it, great concept! The Fantasy apple room is amazing. Everything was just as advertised and from that moment on I knew we made the right choice. Where else do you have a jacuzzi and a pool inside your own room with a balcony overlooking the lake. We participated in all the activities with the CXO'S Dina, Merle and Rob. The magician was terrific the live bands and so were the comedians. Dinner was great and so was breakfast the the tilapia with mango sauce was delicious. the hostess and the servers all went out of there way to make us comfortable always polite and with a genuine smile thanks guys you rock. We met forever lover couples and I understood why they come back year after year. We were treated like royalty from every member of the staff but the two that really stood out from the rest were Gina who always with a beautiful smile made sure our glasses were full and cxo Rob who made me laughed so much from playing bocci, bingo and newlywed game. We also want to Thank you for making this the best time ever we finally found our vacation paradise. The land of love will have us as forever lovers. Thank you Victoria you assured us we were going to have a wonderful vaction and we did. I also want to thank Ray for taking us to the bus terminal you were a gentleman. See you next year.

From Sosa-Torres

• Stayed: July 2014
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Great profile picture, Sosa-torres! Love your review! Thank you so much! I'll be sure to share with our entire Team. See you next year!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

First thing - its PA - be nice. Second - you have probably heard horror stories - but the price is right - so you wanna give it a go. We arrive at check in and are greeted by Theresa (this woman knows the hospitality business and is awesome). It's 4th of July weekend - the place is jammin yet everyone staff person we see says hello with a genuine smile and asks are we enjoying our stay. Every time we went to front desk with question - they went out of their way to accommodate - like trying to find a motorcycle or convertible car rental. (I would have laughed at us - holiday weekend and you wanna rent a harley - really????)They take pride in their place. We had an amazing room - and it was immaculate. The food was very good - coming from a total NY food snob on a restricted diet - we found out that management is working on the properties and trying to upgrade the experience. Our waiter Yohan was the nicest he could possible be and took care of us like we were his only table. Every time we called room service - they were at our door in 3 minutes. Was the jacuzzi perfectly clean - no - but if you know jacuzzi's you would ALWAYS do what we do no matter what hotel - bring a bottle of bleach - fill your tub and run the jacuzzi as soon as you get into the room - add bleach - rinse - repeat.
Bam
ps - booze and lunch not included - but we did late breakfast and early dinner so we didnt miss lunch. Had booze in the room and didnt drink at meals. Men - Don't try to walk into dining room with tank top or sleeveless shirt - they will send you back for a t-shirt at least.

Room Tip: If it's not a holiday weekend - book a room you like and can live with - but they will always try to upgrade you if you ask
2  Thank suzanne v

Thank you for spending the holiday with us, suzanne v! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I should have been clued in by the "Senior Living" magazine at the front desk; however, my Groupon would not allow a cancellation at that point, so my wife and I checked in. Now, the Groupon suggested 179 a night for a suite, which quickly became 235 with taxes and a resort fee of what Groupon listed in the side notes as 20 dollars but I was charged 43!!! (This is under investigation at the time of this writing.) SO what should have been a reasonably priced getaway turned into an almost 300 a night craptacular.
The woman who checked me in upgraded (without even asking, which was nice) us to a lake view room, but the view was obstructed by trees, so we didn't see much. WHen we entered the room, it smelled of cigarette smoke, something that my wife and I abhor. I phoned the front desk and asked if it were a smoking room, and the receptionist politely informed me, after a hesitation, that it was not and that she would send housekeeping to spray. I noticed an glass ash tray on the fireplace so either the previous occupants smoked indoors or left the door open as they blazed away outside.
The decor came straight from the 80's, reminding me of a Patrick Nagal painting, particularly the one he did for Duran Duran's Rio album. You know, greys and pinks. The room desperately cried out for renovations and to be puled into the 21st century. The mirrored wall by the fire place had a golf-ball sized hole smashed into the glass, the rugs bore too many sets of feet, having long peels and shreds, and the table had, what my wife assured me was an eyelash, a curled hair that I suspected came from another region on the body. The first time I used the bathroom, I noticed a malodorous, noxious fume emitting from somewhere, and I assume it was the septic system, so we left the door closed and held our breath whilst showering. When my wife took the first shower, she realized there were NO TOWELS. When they made up the room and overlooked the errant hair, apparently they forgot towels, an essential component. I was far from amused as I hopped in and my wet naked wife had to dress (clothes sticking) to call for towels.
We used the 24 hour game room and although had fun with mini golf and pool, we were surprised some games, like air hockey, required tokens, and most (all but one) video games required a dollar per play. I assumed that was why they bilked me for the 43 dollars! Oh well...
The dinner, which was included, consisted of four choices, most you would see on a wedding menu. I opted for the citrus chicken, which was well prepared if not outdated, and my wife ate the bow tie pasta which tasted as if immersed in Italian dressing and cream, a serious disappointment. I did not expect Michelin star rated cuisine, but the place could use an upgrade in the menu as we live in the foodie era. Our waitress proved congenial and polite and attentive. Milan, her name, was one of the best parts of our whole trip.
We agreed to engage in at least one offered activity but the games offered held little interest and could also use updating. Perhaps consulting a cruise ship advisor would help. Since some of the games took place in the courtyard which was littered with extinguished cigarette butts, we passed as smoking was an option and the smell irritates.
Many of the guest seemed quite happy but most were 20 years my senior (I am 44), and I assume they might be revisiting from their own youth, nostalgia providing an added dimension that my wife and I lacked.
Truth be told, I cannot believe the place remains open but suspect much of the business is return business from a bygone era. If you are a modern traveler and seek destinations, this place is NOT for you. If you like throwbacks that are not retro but are actually STILL THE SAME AS THEY WERE THIRTY YEARS AGO, please don't walk but RUN here.

Room Tip: Find other lodgings.
2  Thank WeaponMassInstructio

We are very saddened to read your review and would like to check out the suite you mentioned. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of your stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Okay, so please keep in mind PP is a 3 star resort! We stayed in fantasy apple. Is it all inclusive? Nope. You will pay for alcohol, so we being our own (second stay so we knew what to do), you will also pay for LUNCH, any drinks not served at breakfast or dinner and snacks (so we again brought our own). We stayed for 5 nights and had a hard time getting someone to turn down the beds and get towels. Oh well what are you going to do? My biggest complaint is dinner. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, the food sucks... And the service is usually pretty so so, BUT I didn't have to cook. My hubby and I come for the rooms. We don't mind that they are not up to date, and at PP we got a beautiful lake view balcony! We will come again, but I get that it might not be for everyone, especially if you are looking for an inland cruise experience, because PP is NOT that. Go on a cruise.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Wineytrout
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We appreciate all your feedback, Wineytrout. I will be sharing your review with our Chefs and Housekeeping Teams to see how we can better improve our service. We are happy for the opportunity to welcome you back. See you then.