“Last visit”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife have stayed at cove haven 3 years ago and had a good time. We recieve discounts in the mail and decided to take one up on its offer this time. My wife called to reserve the champagne tower and was told to just use military discount cause it would save more money and to just tell them when we checked in. Over the phone it was going to be about 500$. When we showed up and asked for the military discount they said there was no military discount this weekend and the price was now over 1000$. The lady behind the desk didnt apologize for the inconvenience or anything just said do you want the room or not. Well I wasnt going to drive 3 1/2 hours home so I took it. The room was in need of some touch up. The tiles in the bathroom were coming up and my wife cut her foot open on them which is how we found out. The tower takes about 2 hours to fill but runs out of hot water before it can get there. The lamps look like they were knocked over a few times all cracked and a layer coming off here and there. And the ceiling tiles are just spray painted black but missed in a few spots so it stands out. Last night at dinner and again this morning the same drink girl kept walking around asking everyone if they wanted anything but seemed to be abounding us. Even though we asked the waiter 3 times to send her he didnt understand why she didnt come. Normally we have a good time at these places but not this time. Wont be coming back here. What kills me more is I loved It last time and my company is getting ready to leave for a year and I convinced 5 other couples to go here which they did. I hope they had a better time here and at cove haven then we did.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John p
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We are very sorry to hear that this stay wasn't the same great experience you had last time. I apologize for the miscommunication and would like to speak to you about your experience. Please consider reaching out to me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed everything about my stay! Great food, great service, and great activities! Not to mention the gorgeous room! The most shocking thing was that there drink prices weren't ridiculous. Definitely coming back over and over again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norberto F
PoconoRomance, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We love your review, Norberto F! Thank you! <3

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband's planned surprise weekend was wonderful. We arrived late for check-in because of car trouble. When we called the desk, the representative was very courteous. Because of an overbooking, we were upgraded to another suite. It was just what my husband had originally hoped for--Champagne Towers. When you open the door, a huge champagne jacuzzi welcomes you from the living room up to the second floor. The heart-shaped pool is to the left as you go up to a bedroom with starlight ceiling. The staff at registration, in the dining room and in the lounge were all courteous, helpful and accommodating. We had 3 wonderful waiters: Johanne, Ernesto and Daniel. The adult games were fun and funny. The only "fly in the ointment" was housekeeping: we had to call 3 times for towels. However, we had a wonderful, cozy time. Pocono Palace is highly recommended for an "adults only" fantastic get-away trip.

2  Thank Marilyn G
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for the recommendation! We will be sure to share your kind comments with our waiters. We'll also be speaking to our Housekeeping Team about the issue you mentioned. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I just returned home from a 3 night stay at Pocono Palace for our 15th wedding anniversary. We stayed at Pocono Palace for our honeymoon and wanted to go back. From the moment we booked our getaway, to the time we left, we had nothing but positive experiences.

We checked in to our room, Roman Towers, first thing. We requested the same room number we had on our honeymoon and we were obliged! We were pleasantly surprised to see that nothing had changed, except for newer carpet and bedding. The room was spotless, as was the jacuzzi and pool room. After checking in we went to look around the arena and played pool. Dinner the first night was fine. You have the option to sit by yourselves or with other people which is nice. :) Ask for Johanne's section, he is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will be the most courteous and prompt waiter!

Our second day at the resort, we found two other couples that we honeymooned there with us 15 years ago. It was so surprising and wonderful to reconnect after all these years.

We participated in almost all the activities at the resort, trivia, "horseracing", BINGO, pool darts, ladder ball, etc. It was so much fun, especially with a CXO, like Rob. Rob was fantastic and so much fun!! We watched a cooking demonstration by Eddie Berner, from Flock of Seagulls, and also were able to go to this tourbus where he cooked more for some VIPs.

Housekeeping was awesome! We asked for extra towels the first day, and they left us more than we could use for the entire stay! We were so pleased!

I highly recommend this resort to couples. It is so relaxing and so much fun!!!!

Room Tip: Splurge and get the Roman Tower's or Champagne Tower rooms!
2  Thank Melissa F
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Happy 15th, Mr. & Mrs. Melissa F!! Than you for sharing it with us and thank you for the wonderful review! This is why we love doing what we do. <3

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked a lakeside chalet telling the booking specialist that we wanted a room away from the main building and one that didn't smell - especially of smoke. The room we got was the closest room to the main bulding; it shared a wall with it. And it smelled - of smoke. We immediately went to the front desk and commented on the smell. Without even checking what room we were in, the woman at the desk insisted that it's a non-smoking room and there's nothing she can do about it anyway. Not wanting to push thinkgs, we reluctantly went back to the assigned room. The trip turned out nice - we loved the grounds and the activities - but I wished they would've been more accomodating about the rooms. A part of us wants to go back - but we're still thinking it over.

2  Thank Jay D

I apologize with the confusion regarding your suite. I would love to talk to you to see about getting you back to the Land of Love. You can email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts anytime.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The first time at a Cove Haven Resort was in the Garden of Eden Apple Suite at Paradise Stream. This time we stayed in the Fantasy Apple Suite at Pocono Palace. The staff were super friendly, as before. They allowed us to check in early and check out late. The entertainment was great. We LOVED this room so much better then our first visit. The view of the lake from our bed and our private balcony were nice touches. The private pool was great too. As I said in my first review, you must expect a level of cheesiness. But it is a good, fun level of cheese. You make what you want out of your trips to Cove Haven. My husband and I enjoy the alone time, away from all kids and meeting new people to hang out with when we aren't in our room. It's like cruising but with out the boat.
When you look at the price, it might be a sticker shock, however, breakfast and dinner are included. You can show up for breakfast before check in and you can stay until right before dinner on day of check out, so you can make almost 2 days out of a one night trip. Decent food for buffet style. All of the entertainment is included as well. The nightly entertainment never disappoints! My husband and I bring alcohol for our room and take roadies along our walk to bar to save some money, though we do purchase drinks at the bar as well. Highly recommend again. We will definitely be back for a third time to become part of the "forever lovers" club.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RelaxedGuest

LOVE your picture, RelaxedGuest. Thank you for the review. <3

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was supposed to have a reservation for today. The name of the person that took my reservation is Cathelen. I first wanted to go on the 13, however, I told her to change it for the 20th because the 21st was my bday. I never received my email confirmation. I got an email offering wine, strawberries packages for my stay. I just called to confirm my reservation and they said it was cancelled because it was supposed to be for the 13th. I was using a living social voucher, and I was supposed to pay a difference because I was using it after the day. The person in front desk at this time is useless, and he couldn't hear me, he was incompetence answer the phone calls that he was getting and at the end told me that he cannot help me and hanged up on me. I feel robbed and that she did it on purpose because why she never sent the email. Do not go to this place a lot of promotion all over the place just to rob people. Look how expensive they are not to even to train the staff properly.

Sorry for the grammar error (english is my second language). I am very upset I lost my money and I have no plans now for my birthday.

4  Thank Yovi2014

We are very surprised to read this review. We pride ourselves on customer service and try to accommodate everyone. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about this and see how we can correct this moving forward. Please consider reaching out to me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!