“Needs renovation”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
totowa
“Needs renovation”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. The positive feedbacks are The customer service was very friendly and nice!!! Also the food were good.

Other then that, I was disappointed. I spend a lot of money to make this a special night for me and my boyfriend. When I walked into the champaign tower room, I was excited. And then when I was about to use the pool, I saw water was filthy. Also same goes with the champaign jacuzzi and the shower area. There are stains everywhere and was rusted. My boyfriend shouldn't have to wash the jacuzzi before we use it, but we did because we weren't going to let the laziness of housekeeper to messed up our special night. Also we were so thirsty and the vending machine doesn't work and the customer service was friendly but doesn't help at all. Well at least the ice machine works.

The resort manager should really update the room because there are many rusted areas and everything looks so cheap. So i feel wasted most of my vocation money for a cheap like hotel. It's like place for people to have sex in.

• Stayed August 2014
10 Thank honestgirl1981
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our customer service. I'm sorry about the issues you mentioned with your suite and will be sharing your review with our Resort manager and our Housekeeping Team. In the meantime, I'd like to visit the suite you mentioned. Please consider emailing me the details of your stay - PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Sharon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 days and 2 nights at the Pocono Palace Resort. We had an amazing time! All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The food was delicious! There were breakfast buffets and several choices for dinner. We were full every meal, the portion sizes are large.

We stayed in the Toman tower suite. It was worth the money! The room was very clean and the housekeeper cleaned thoroughly daily. We always had fresh towels and clean linen. We used all of the ammenties in the room. The pool was the perfect temperature.

There is not on thing we have negative to say! We were even given complimentarily chocolates and %15 off at the gift shop because we were on our Honeymoon. We plan on staying again and hopefully soon!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thielangelashley
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Congratulations, newlyweds!! Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us! Hope to see you again.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Room 703 in the Roman Towers is in need of cleaning and upgrading. Dresser has burn marks. Air conditioning unit sounds like a freight train is coming through. Astonished at the poor customer service. Never again!

• Stayed July 2014
13 Thank Jsampl
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Jsampi. We will be checking out this suite.

Travellers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

Grahamsville, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was our first time at Pocono Palace. We usually stay at Cove Haven. We had an excellent time. The staff was superb and our Fantasy Apple room was also excellent . We loved the in room pool and the deck to sit outside in the morning and have coffee. Diane at the front desk , Jackie at Tan Lines and Mustaffa and Christopher in the dining room were great. They made our stay very enjoyable because they truly show pride in the resort and all had excellent customer service skills. We did not eat in dining room buffett night ..instead, We enjoyed a Cheeseburger and Chicken Fingers at spooners which was excellent. We had dinner in dining room on the 2 nights that were sit down dinners and they were very very good especially last night where my wife and I had the strip steak which was superb.We were very very satisfied with our stay and did not want to leave. The layout of the Pocono Palace resort is also very very good and everything is easy to get to with the outdoor pool centrally located and it was very clean and heated. We will be going back again hopefully before the end of the year. If you are looking to get away with the person you love for a fun,romantic couples only getaway Cove Haven Resorts is the way to go. We were pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed Pocono Palace as much as Cover Haven!....

Room Tip: Fantasy apple is an excellent room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hask2112
So happy to hear you loved Pocono Palace! I'll be sure to share your review with our Team. See you soon.
Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband really enjoyed our stay. We got a good deal from Groupon. We stayed 3days and 2nights. Soon as we got there we had the option of having dinner or check in because of the time we arrived. We stayed in the fairway suites. It was really nice. Wasnt to big, good intimate space. The bed was really comfortable. For the most part the room was clean. We brought our own cleaning products that we used for the jacuzzi tub and shower. The suite could have been a little cleaner, but overall it was okay. Breakfast is buffet style, which was really good. And dinner was also delicious. The servers and hostess had very good service, very polite. I would definitely recommend this couples retreat to anyone looking to enjoy theirselves and just get away for a night or two.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sable11113
We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for the recommendation!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked a lakeview chalet for a last minute long weekend away. The service and staff were really wonderful. I don't think they ever go home, so if you've come across someone cranky it's probably because they're overworked. The rooms were dated but clean & comfortable. The landscaping needs to be kept up, if it were we would have actually been able to see the lake from our room, that was the most disappointing part of our visit.
The food was good, the cakes were delicious! The drinks were NY priced, I was glad we brought our own to drink in room & saved a lot of money that way. There was plenty to do at the resort - if you're not super picky and demanding 5 stars, it really is a nice Pocono quick get away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robil
Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope to see you again.
Colonia, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I love it here it is my favorite resort out of the three others. The atmosphere is relaxing the staff is helpful and friendly. They had great entertainment this time. So glad they changed the menu up. They were definitely understaffed in the dining room on the weekend but still the waiters and waitresses is did their best to accommodate everyone. I am coming back in October

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flop710
This is what we love to ready, flop710! Thank you. See you in October.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!