The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$130
US$122
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$181
US$149
US$69
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
US$75
US$61
Hotels.com
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$97
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$180
Travelocity
2,133 results
All reviewsfantasy appleroman towersget awaychampagne towerforever loversour honeymoonbreakfast and dinnerping ponggift shoppaddle boatsprivate poolromantic getawayheart shaped poolyear anniversarymini golfan open mindoutdoor activities
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Pocono Palace aka The Land of Love last weekend. We had a wonderful stay. The resort is peaceful and beautiful. We wanted to spend time alone for our 20th anniversary and it was a perfect spot. Everything was geared toward couples. We spent a lot of our time on the deck overlooking the beautiful lake with a cocktail. It helped that we had perfect fall weather. The resort reminded me of the movie Dirty Dancing, with the tall trees, winding "roads", deck, lake and how the resort was layed out.
The decor was a bit dated, but that added to the charm. Our room was clean and well appointed with the necessities. We loved the heart shaped pool and the Jacuzzi champagne glass tub in our room!
We utilized the "all inclusive" meal plan and we were pleased with it and the choices offered.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
We walked on the nature trail by the lake, we played a quick 9 holes of mini golf, and enjoyed trying the speciality drinks! But overall we just enjoyed the scenery, the quiet, the beauty and being together.
It was a romantic getaway perfect for spending quality time with your love.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bamby B
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

We're so happy to read you enjoyed some alone time for your 20th anniversary and felt our resort was a perfect fit for your romantic needs. Whether it was our unique suites and amenities, dining experience, friendly staff, or fun activities, it sounds like you enjoyed every corner of our romantic resort. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting your next romantic getaway.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I knew it was going to be bad when I went to check in and a customer was complaining and the person listening didn't care. It's not the 1st time this manager who used to be a security guard is just down right nasty. I asked for a specific number room for lakeside chalet I knew it would be close to dining room because I was recuperating from foot surgery . Well our room was all the way down by the gazebo. We went to dinner ordered seltzer with lime was told they ran out of limes are you kidding me. The buffet was horrible, food was cold,chicken was dry, beef and broccoli yuck truthfully it just looked and tasted horrible, presentation means a lot. I work in food service so I expect what I have to give. The dessert table is hideous thank God I don't eat it. I was so aggravated after the room situation and dinner I didn't even go to the club. After dinner went back to the room with the horrible round bed, really get queen size regular beds already .
The next morning at breakfast had to wait a good 10 min for a waiter. I finally order my omelette and the girl places it down abruptly and says this is all the cheese they have is it ok. I said yes because wasn't dealing with it. After breakfast we went out for a bit came back to our room and decided to leave, we didn't want to go through another nasty dinner or breakfast. We are Gold members we go hear like 3 times a year we have good stays and bad ones this one was bad. I wasted 700 dollars for nothing. I won't be coming back anytime soon probably once a year with a Groupon because being a Gold member isn't worth anything.
The miniature golf station that they have up it's been like that for the past 17 years I think it's time for a new one. The bathroom in the main building needs to be updated I'm tired of using the bathroom and none of the toilets flush. It seems the prices have gone up supposedly you're supposed to make great changes I like to see where they are because they're definitely not in the Lakeside chalets or in any of the main building Pocono Palace or in the food. I felt robbed of $700 and that's a lot to pay for nothing

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank flop710

We're sorry you weren't satisfied with your recent experience at our resort. We will share your feedback with the Resort Manager.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I had food posing from eating at the on site restaurant. The hotel is dingy and dated the rooms smell really bad. The furniture is cheap. Looks like a place that hosted swingers conventions in the 60's. Over priced!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank palaciova

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We are finally Gold Forever Lovers. Obviously we like coming here. I figured I would make a list of pros and cons and hopefully the new owners will pay attention.
This is going to be a combo of pros and cons. Some of the cons are really not that bad. Here we go:
The staff is friendly...sure you get that "one' every once in a while, but not to where it would ruin your stay. The wait staff needs a bit more training. They seem to forget about you, especially when you want more coffee. They do apologize when they realize you're looking for them. George the Manager of the dining room is awesome. That guy never stops. Beth, the Mimosa girl, was definitely missed this past weekend.
I love the breakfast buffett. Breakfast is always hot and its a great selection of fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, bread, english muffins, hot cereals. Don't change a thing there. Dinner...well here's where the improvement is needed. 1st stay away from the processed food. No body wants to eat all that salt. Especially in today's age everyone wants to eat healthy. Salad bar is great. Friday night "International night" needs a redo. That beef and broccoli...yeah get rid of that. It tastes like Dinty Moore. Keep the green onions off the mashed potatoes. Alfredo sauce needs some flavor, salt, pepper garlic. Chicken Saltimbocca is in a white wine sauce not a tomato sauce. No I am not a chef but worked for one, so I do have some knowledge.
The grounds are kept very clean and well maintained. The pot holes from the winter have been taken care of. The rooms are clean. I would say they are even cleaner than they have been in the past. I would suggest that in the Fantasy Apple suite, sweep off the balcony. Now for the pool in the room. We love the pool. But what need to be done is this...drain the pool and power-wash it. This will get the pool to be the way it should be. Get rid of stains off the floor of pool. The round beds...yeah those have to go too. Square bed would be just fine. It is so hard to get out of the round bed in the middle of the night.
So this review wasn't too bad. We will be back over the New Years and hopefully we will continue to see the changes to make this place even better. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Get the Fantasy Apple Suite, private balcony on the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did during your recent stay at our resort. We're happy you enjoyed numerous aspects of your stay, including the breakfast, and the various improvements around the resort such as the potholes being sealed. However, we realize we're not perfect and we have some areas of opportunity to address. Your feedback is essential in helping us identify where we can continue to improve and we'll make sure it's shared not only with the Resort Manager, but with our management team as well. Thank you again for your feedback- we're glad we can continue to give you great experiences and look forward to making sure your future visits are absolutely perfect.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Me and my wife recently stayed in the Fantasy Apple room in the Pocono Palace overlooking the scenic lake Echo. The room is definitely my favorite of all the suites so far. We have stayed in the regular Apple suites and Champagne Towers at the other two locations. The room really has a fantasy vibe to it with the sun coming through the blue tinged sun roof lighting up the whole room a bluish tint when the sun is at its peak. This is a good thing because lets face it, you come here for the suites. A personal pool underneath a glass floor, you won't find it anywhere else. It was also pretty clean and well kept for an old resort. Now that I gave some positive info on to the negative.
The food is terrible. I didn't have any of the entree's on the steak and lobster night but judging from the very low quality of the dinner buffets I can't imagine it was anything spectacular. The chicken cutlets were small, fat and sometimes dried and stringy. A few were tender one night but paired with a side of overcooked linguine with Elmer's glue sauce I didn't care much. You'll find something you like at the buffet but don't have high expectations. The breakfast buffet was better but probably only because its harder to screw up breakfast. Only gripe with breakfast was the cheap bacon that tasted like it has been reheated a few times in the oven. Granted its hard serving this many people just do yourself a favor and never buy the meal plan. This resort in particular has plenty of places to eat close by and we regretfully found this out after.
The property has many activities you can engage in but it will likely only be you and your spouse doing them unless you come with another couple. They don't try and organize events with people besides the usual bingo or couples trivia stuff. I understand that though, most people want the alone time to snuggle in the mega suites. I would go back but only if they give me a great deal and next time we'll be heading off camp for most meals.
Oh yeah, they did an awesome Halloween hay ride. It was free and you didn't have any huge lines to wait on. Of course they only do this around Halloween but great effort on their part for this one.

Room Tip: Skip the meal plan and save a ton! Their food stinks, there are places to eat all over Route 209!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

We're very happy you enjoyed your Fantasy Apple Suite but disappointed to read you weren't pleased with your dining experience. We've continued to make strides in improving our menu options while delivering great taste and quality. We're always open to additional feedback on how we can improve our dining options , as we share all dining-related feedback with our Executive Chef so we can best determine which direction to move in with our food.