“Awesome experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marysville
Bridgeview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Marysville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We found the Bridgeview a couple of summers ago on our way home to ME, riding on the opposite side of the river. When we looked for the Rockville Bridge online, we discovered a B&B right there on the shore of the river. My husband is the huge rail fan in our family, but staying here was almost enough to turn me into a rail fan as well. We just spent 2 days at the Bridgeview again this year, and it definitely lived up to our expectations. Keith hosted a Memorial Day BBQ the day we arrived, and we enjoyed meeting the other guests from all over the northeast and Canada as well. The ATCS is fun to watch as trains move around the area. There is rail traffic throughout the day and night, and there are train tracks on three sides of the building and decks along those three sides from which to watch the trains more closely. There are plenty of nearby attractions and businesses, and Harrisburg is just minutes away. The owner Keith couldn't be more accommodating if he tried. Last year, we arrived rain soaked after hours riding in the rain. He even showed me a place to dry my wet gloves and socks overnight! It feels like you are staying with family when you arrive. There is a sitting room with a view of the bridge and binoculars along the windowsill. During our visit last year, it was hot and humid outdoors and that sitting room was a great place to keep watch until you knew that a train was coming. Then it was time to run outside with camera in hand. It's neat hearing trains go by throughout the night. This is a one-of-a-kind place to stay, with great wildlife watching and even better train activity. We thoroughly enjoyed going there again this year, and hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debby K

Reviewed 7 June 2014

W e were again treated to a great stay at the BRIDGEVIEW the trai traffic was as we remebered and the service exceptional all the rooms are clean and vary in size Keith is a great person to talk train with and very nice just to talk with The view of the river is awesome and the sonds of the trains just make for a wonderful experience hope to see you there at the Bridgeview Bed and Breakfast

Room Tip: I abelive all the rooms are comfortable the rooms facing the bridge offer a view of the bridge and t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We just came back from another stay at the Bridgeview B&B and once again we had a wonderful time. If you love trains then this is the place to go. Each visit we have been greeted by a train over the bridge. My son even has his camera ready before we pull up. Our host Keith Latimer makes us feel at home. He is always willing to share his train knowledge with the enthusiasts and fills me in on the local antique shops. The rooms are so comfortable, you feel like you are staying with family. I personally enjoy sitting with my book on the front porch rocking in my favorite chair. Keith has an upper and lower deck for train or wildlife watching (saw my first eagle there) and his sitting room is great at night or for cold or rainy days. One thing is for sure, when we leave we are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacob H
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I stay at Bridgeview every time we go to New York. It is a great place to stop. It is the 1/2 half way point in our 8 hr trip to Long Island. We even had the chance to stay on our way back too. Two overnights at the Bridgeview in 5 days. The place is excellent. Quiet, comfortable, great rooms and even better breakfasts. It is definitely a 'home away from home' except this home has ATCS to keep an eye on the train movements. I can't wait until I get a chance to go back and stay for a few days without having to leave and make the NY trip. We've been stopping here since 2008 and the place seems to get better every time.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Artie F
Reviewed 2 February 2014

In 2012 we were tooling on the other side of the river. We saw the bridge I told my wife we looked again saw a train When we got home I looked on google earth saw the bridge picture from the satelite When I backed out I found the Bridgeview B & B. In 2013 we called to see about a stay without reservations as we ride a motorcyle and were not sure when we would arrive Keith was so accomidating It was raining when we arrived He said he was having a barbecue and we could stay As it turned out, It was the crew from the Nickel plate Road sream engine and train we loved the place and are making plans for a return visit this year We will be contacting you soon Keith See you then Keith

Room Tip: If you are a railfan or are married to one this is a not want to miss stop
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eugene B
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The first time we stayed at the Bridgeview, I asked to stay an extra night. It's "home away from home atmosphere" is truly "home away from home". Keith, our innkeeper, makes that we. He's great. We have taken people there and they have repeatedly gone back. Looking forward to next time. Hopefully, very soon.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Mary Jude
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great stay at the Bridgeview this past weekend. Keith (owner) and staff are awesome - great breakfasts and immaculately clean everywhere. Trains were running all the time - day and night. There is no better place for train watching and conversation with friendly people who are willing to share stories, information, and pictures. We will be back again and again...

Room Tip: all rooms offer something unique - trains are all over so there really isn't a bad room/view - a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chris c

Been to Bridgeview Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!