Hampton Inn Matamoras
US$93
US$85
Agoda.com
US$76
Scottish Inns Milford(Milford)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$101
US$202
Orbitz.com
Rodeway Inn(Milford)
US$87
Sleep Inn & Suites(Middletown)
US$117
US$113
Agoda.com
US$95
All reviewsthe breakfast areaperkins restaurantnice hotelcomplimentary breakfastport jerviswould stay here againroom was largeclean roomscomfortable bedfitness centerfitness roomthe delaware water gapfresh fruitwe've stayedgreat place to stayconvenient locationfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This October I was on a business trip to "Grey Towers" in Milford, PA. I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Matamoras, Pennsylvania. Being it was the fall time of year the Pocono Mountains were in full color and the roadside pumpkin venders made the scenic drive and memorable.

The Hampton’s over all quality is what you expect from a Hampton Inn.  There is a fitness center and a salt water pool.  The complementary breakfast was very good. It typically offered cold cereal and milk, fresh fruit, fresh waffles (you cook yourself), some variety of cooked eggs (cheese omelets, scrambled eggs), sausages, yogurt, coffee and juices.

The rooms offered a clock radio that actually received radio signals where I could listen to my morning NPR programing. The in room WiFi was free and the speed was good.  I did not use their business center so I can’t comment on that. Even though my room faced Interstate-84, I found it to be fairly quiet, except for the most noisiest trucks.  So if this is a problem for you, you may want to ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and very informative when it came to restraint recommendations and estimated travel times to my destinations.

This hotel is only about 6.5 miles from “Grey Towers” in Milford PA.  Grey Towers is the home of Gifford Pinchot (1865-1946), Americas first forester and the first Chief of the US Forest Service.  This historic site is well worth seeing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I found this hotel to be very convenient, new, clean, and friendly. They also have an excellent complimentary breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My wife and I stayed while traveling between NYC and upstate NY. This is the typical nice, newer, CLEAN Hampton Inn property we have come to expect. We had a good experience. Great, helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The good: a typical (and quite new) Hampton inn, clean, friendly, nice (hot) breakfast. Beds were quite comfy.

The bad: they drape the trash can liners over the edge of the trash can, as if they expect guests to put them in the cans. Very odd. As one of my friends said, "I'm not here to play maid!"

Also, they had no internet service for four days!! This is probably a transitory issue, so maybe should not affect your decision to stay, but I'll bet there were a lot of angry business travelers. One of my friends asked for a discount due to this, but was refused (because the internet is free at the hotel). This is the reason for the 1 Star on the service rating.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank KeldiKlutz
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My husband and brother had to visit my husband's parent for a family emergency. The hotel is close by the highway and my in-law's home. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and the staff were all friendly. We were only there one night but now we have a place to stay if we are down near our family again overnight. Only suggestion would be for them to get better signage for their entrance, there is a strip mall and a Best Western and it is is little confusing to get from the highway to the hotel parking lot in the dark.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family