“Incredibly friendly service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matamoras
Gibsonia, United States
“Incredibly friendly service”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The staff of this hotel do everything they can to make you feel welcome, and to solve any issues one might have. The hotel is very clean. The lobby/breakfast area is very appealing. The location is very convenient for the tri-state area of NY - PA - NJ.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My parents were recently in a serious car accident in the area. Upon their release at the hospital & unable to make the trip home due to their injuries, they decided to stay here for a while to heal and get their bearings. They stayed over a week. The staff was absolutely fantastic! Never making my parents feel as if they were a burden, they were friendly, caring and went beyond the call of duty to ensure my parents were as comfortable as they possibly could be. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. Thank you to all at the Hampton Inn, Matamoras!!

I have told all that I know in the area (and those who will be traveling through) about your great hotel and wonderful staff!

Lisa C.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa C
Hampton1nn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Matamoras, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Lisa,

I am so sorry that the reason your parents stayed with us was because of the car accident they were in. I sincerely hope that they are doing better. It was our pleasure to host your parents. They were wonderful! We take pride in trying to make all our guests feel as comfortable as if they were at home. I am so glad we were there for them. Please give them our regards.
Happy 2014!

Sincerly,
Vanessa Rey
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have family in this area, we travel to here visit family a lot, we stay all over the hotels in this area, this Hampton Inn Matamoras is the best hotel I ever stay. the location is great right on 84, they have restaurants around within 5 minutes. The selection of breakfast is great , they have everything you need and I love the hot oatmeal with slice almond and dry berries. The best value you can get for the price .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank chritina888
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We visit family in the area occasionally and we enjoy staying at this property. It is well appointed and the free breakfast has enough variety to satisfy everyone. The staff was friendly and answered all our questions about nearby stores (e.g. what time does the Walmart close). This was our second stay here and encountered no problems during either stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We come to Matamoras occasionally to visit family and friends and always stay at Hampton Inn because we know we can expect a clean, comfortable room with superior bedding and amenities, as well as a friendly and welcoming staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I make the drive between my home in Virginia and New England several times a year, and the Hampton Inn in Matamoras is one of the places I like to stop to break up the drive. I've probably stayed there a dozen times at this point. The hotel itself seems fairly new and and is good condition, everything seems clean, etc. I have always found the staff to be very pleasant and welcoming. The only time I had even the tiniest problem (noisy child in the adjoining room), I called and asked to be moved and they accommodated me very quickly and were very nice about it.

The free wifi connection has tended to work well for me. I usually only use it for email but have occasionally streamed Netflix on it with no problem.

The free breakfast in the morning is generally quite good. My only complaint is that there is often music playing in the breakfast room while televisions are on, so you get the noise from each competing with each other. It's a small thing, though. I'm sure I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Amelie_08
Ohio, Illinois
Reviewed 23 December 2013

So I recently stayed in this gorgeous hotel..very clean.. excellent friendly staff.. and could not help myself upon checking out of my room and saw one of the housekeepers. She told me that she hoped I enjoyed my stay and to have a safe trip.. I said thank you and proceeded to walk away.. I thought to myself I wonder how much they make a hour? We have to understand that housemaids work very hard to make hotel rooms very comfortable and clean for us and our families. We have seen on the news of very big gratitudies being left for servers but what about maids? Please take a moment to realize that if they are making minimum wage some depend on that "little extra " just to make ends meet. Bending, lifting, scrubbing it is all physical labor. If possible don't forget to tip your maids. They work very hard for our own comfort. Just food for thought.. I will always stay at a Hampton especially this one.

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoras
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
#1 of 1 in Wantage
Hampton Inn Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#1 of 9 in Middletown

Been to Hampton Inn Matamoras? Share your experiences!