“Where is the hot water. What happened to the Internet”

Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Matamoras
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel. The hotel was clean and the service and food at the restaurant was excellent including the Friday Night Lobster Fest. The bubbet breakfast they foisted onto us instead of the full service breakfast was poor. Lost hot waster in the hotel 2 separate days and the staff response was poor. Internet connections were slow and unstable. Bed on room had no edge support and I felt like I was falling out of bed if I slept on the edge and had to sleep in the middle of the bed The support staff did a good job hosting our group except for the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 June 2014

No hot water. And no honesty about the problem. And the next morning the kitchen stayed open and served food without hot water.
Mind you, the night BEFORE there was no hot water. And the staff lied about the extent of the problem. The next morning, still no hot water. So my B-I-L went to the kitchen to check- they had no hot water because there was none in the entire (sold out, no vacancies) hotel! Front desk staff were still lying there butts off about the extent of the problem and the anticipated repair. My nieces were rightly grossed out by the prospect that no one in the kitchen could properly wash their hands let alone any of the plates, forks, etc. So "free" breakfast skipped. We went to the Perkins next door.
The concrete walls, the cheap curtains, everywhere a person looked the low quality of the hotel revealed itself. But our rooms looked cleaned, the bed linens and towels were not great quality, but they were clean. So while I despise the way they handled the hot water problem, I would guess the hotel is an OK place to rest next to the interstate. The reason they can overcharge is the area attracts outdoor enthusiasts and travelers who have no better options.

Room Tip: My non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. Also, check to avoid the pet friendly rooms if you ha...
2  Thank Christine F
Supar M, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Christine F,

We are sorry about the lack of hot water during your stay. I understand that you were upset about not having hot water. We recently converted from propane to natural gas and one of our new hot water heaters for the hotel rooms suddenly stopped working even after being reset several times. Only one water heater worked on a full house weekend. It couldn't handle the demand. We have been working with the factory engineer, utility company and the contractor to resolve the problem with our new hot water heater.

I want to let you know that the kitchen hot water was not effected by the incident. We have a separate hot water heaters to supply hot water in the kitchen, the lounge and the restaurant. The kitchen hot water heater works.

Again, we truly apologize the inconveniences we put you through during your stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 570 491 2400 Ext. 655.

Suparmanto - General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The place is huge and great for what we needed it for. The rooms were average and a simple act of kindness by their front desk clerk made most of my complaints seem minimal.

There is a waitress in the restaurant named Annie - this girl has more personality than a group of 10 waitresses combined. That along with food prepared perfectly made this a really nice week's stay.

They are constantly working - so I am sure things that were slight problems are being resolved.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have stayed at the Best Western in Matamoras PA in the past, and looked forward to staying on our way back to Vermont. Being what we think are two, down to earth people, our concern was would the excellent standards of the hotel have deterioated over the years. NOT to worry. When checking in, we found Peggy at the front desk extremely helpful and had a very positive attitude. We had to stay in a room with a jacuzzi, (which was above what we wanted to pay) but she put us in a regular room the next day, and took care of everything. Housekeeping does a tremendous job there, and housekeeping seems underapreciated in general, so a THANK YOU shout out to them. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry S
Supar M, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Harry S.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best everyday to make sure that all our guests enjoy a pleasant experience during their stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your trip to Vermont. Take care.

Suparmanto/GM 6.24.14

Reviewed 16 June 2014

it was fine but if you don't have to stay in the area find another hotel. Things that should have been done wasn't and had to ask for, you should ask what size the room is too we have a reall small room for 3 adults and 2 kids when my son had a large room for 2 people and we both had double beds.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Supar M, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Richard,

Than you for your feedback. I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations about the size of our hotel room. I can see how uncomfortable for your children to stay in the room that smaller than their own rooms at home. We apologize for any inconveniences. We do hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Suparmanto/GM

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good price, good room, clean, food was good. Service was very good. I have coming to this hotel for more than 20 years.The location is very good for access to major highways. Great view of the mountains and the Delaware River. Good fishing on the river.

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business, and please come to see us again. Have a great summer!

Suparmanto/GM

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a hotel which has very good amenities and, as usual, my stay was very comfortable. The room was very clean and I enjoyed the jacuzzi facility. However, the price had increased considerably since I stayed at this facility around 2 years ago, so much so that I would consider making a detour and going to another Best Western in the region, which was much better priced. Also, while the breakfast was excellent in Matamoras, the quality of the food at dinner was not as good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Una71,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to know you didn't enjoy your dinner in our restaurant. Your concerns will help me to implement improvement in the kitchen and the service in the restaurant. I really hope to have a pleasure to serve you again. Have a great summer.

Suparmanto

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 6 in Milford

Been to Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing? Share your experiences!