“nice pit stop”

Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Matamoras
Reviewed 8 July 2014

on a road trip to CT. long ride so we stopped for the night. dinner was good but not breakfast. it was very oily and had an odd flavor. it upset my stomache so I couldn't really eat it. it was sitting in grease or oil.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Supar M, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Crystal,

Thank you for your feedback. It helps us to implement improvement so that our guests have better experience. I am sorry about the breakfast. I have discussed your concerns with our chef to retrain the breakfast cook. Thank you for stopping by and stayed at our hotel. We appreciate your business. Take care and have a great summer.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband I were very happy with this Best Western. It seemed to be a step above most hotels in the 2-3 star range. The location is beautiful, check in was fast and easy. The room was clean and quiet. And the breakfast was free.....more than just a continental - they had a hot buffet. Actually, the breakfast food was not great, but it was free, and they had fruit, cereal, muffins as well. If you do stay there, the best restaurant in the area is the Erie hotel in Port Jervis - a short 5 min. drive away. Will stay here again if we are in the area.

Dear kgauthier42,

Thank you for your feedback. It helps us to implement improvements so that our future guests have better experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry that the breakfast we served didn't meet your expectation. I have discussed your concerns with our chef to implement improvements. Again thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again. Take care and have a great summer.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel had a problem with their water pump, which caused them to not have any running water from 6 am till 9 am. They provided complimentary water bottles for our use and they reduced our room rate by 50 % for our inconvenience .They handled the situation very professionally.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 213LONGISLAND

Dear 213longisland,

Thank you for your feedback. It helps us to implement improvements so that our future guests have better experience. I am really sorry for your inconvenience about not having water that morning. We are on the final stage to connect to city water to make sure this never happen again. One of the three fuses on the well pump burnt out in the middle of the night. I want to thank you your understanding. We do hope to have another pleasure to serve you again. Take care and have a great summer.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I have been disappointed by some Best Westerns in the past so we generally don't seek out these hotels when traveling. We got stuck in a horrendous storm with heavy rain and thunder and lightening while at the end of a 2 week motorcycle trip and were forced to pull off the highway. We saw this hotel and decided to take a chance and we could not have been more pleased. Staff is outstanding, accommodations were perfect, it was nice to see a property with a full restaurant on site that had a very good menu. This hotel completely exceeded our expectations and this experience has made me take another look at Best Western Hotels when we travel

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Supar M, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are honored that you chose our hotel to stay that night. We appreciate your business, and hope to have another pleasure to serve you again. Take care and have a great summer.

Suparmanto/GM 7.8.14

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We hosted a large group for the week here. Beautiful surroundings, helpful and friendly staff and excellent restaurant for dinner. Very accommodating for large groups- even allowing us to use the back terrace for nighttime gathering. Buffet breakfast has a variety to choose from. I agree with the beds being bouncy..but clean and tidy!

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for your feedback. It helps us to implement improvement so that our guests have better experience. I am glad to know you enjoyed you stay with us. I agree with you about the patio, it's an ideal place to relax and unwind in the evening. I am sorry about the bad. I will put a request to the owner for replacement.

Melissa, thank you for your business and hope to have a pleasure serving you again. Take care and have a great summer.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Bed bugs and a filthy bed that was never cleaned before being made available to guests, This was purposely and knowingly done, not something that had just been overlooked. Obviously a major integrity and housekeeping problem at this Best Western Hotel. After this experience, there is no way to make staying there acceptable,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John H

Dear John H,

Thank you for your feedback. It helps us to implement improvements so that our future guests have better experience. No one is more disappointed than our team when one of us failed to provide the service you came to expect from our hotel.

I can understand you were upset with the situation which should not have happened. We immediately contacted our professional Pest Control company to investigate and take care of the issue. According to the tech there was no sign of bed bugs in the room, however he found ticks. He treated the room accordingly.

I have discussed with our housekeeping manager and implement improvement on the housekeeping. We are sorry for all the inconveniences we put you through. We do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future. Take care and have a great summer.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Room was adequate, but bed made for a terrible night. Every time I moved (even slightly), my wife would bounce around. When she moved (also slightly), I felt as if were on storm-tossed boat. Also, in keeping with trend I have noticed lately, the pillows were small. Every time you move you have to move the pillow with you. Ridiculous. Breakfast was complimentary, but no great shakes. The usual self-serve waffle, sort-of scrambled eggs, cereal. Paid $180 (including AAA discount, plus taxes) for a $90, at best, experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 6 in Milford

Been to Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing? Share your experiences!