“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Bear, Delaware
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed for four nights and could not have felt more welcome. At check in I was offered a cold bottle of water or a soda, there were freshly baked cookies in bags waiting in the lobby and in the evening you could grab an ice cream treat from the freezer. Breakfast was plentiful with many delicious choices. My room was always fresh and clean, the beds are super comfy and I love having so many pillows to sleep with. Within walking distance are several restaurants so I took advantage of the discount slip from the hotel and had a wonderful evening meal. This was a great stay, one I would repeat happily!

Room Tip: The third floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had stayed at this Holiday Inn Express about 10 years ago when my daughter attended Allegheny College. At that time, this hotel was average. What a pleasant surprise when I stayed there recently. Holiday Inn must have improved this property since then. And what a difference!!

I cannot say enough good things about my stay at this hotel. The personnel were so friendly and accommodating - from the desk clerk, to the breakfast attendants, to the cleaning staff. Everyone was so cheerful and helpful.

The rooms were very nicely decorated, quiet and comfortable. The beds/pillows were very comfortable. I appreciated the coffee pot, microwave, and iron supplied - as well as the samples in the bath area.

The complimentary hot breakfast was the best, freshest and most varied I have enjoyed at a hotel in quite awhile. So many options and well-supplied.

I would deifinitely recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Meadville. I am looking forward to my next stay there.

Champaign
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel goes beyond the usual when it comes to customer service. All staff we encountered from front office (the manager, herself), front desk staff, maintenance, housekeeping and breakfast area staff were outstanding. They all went beyond what we ever might have expected when it came to making our stay comfortable. And the amenities were at least a cut above what we had ever experienced at any other hotel we have stayed in. Breakfast menu was varied and the hot items were well prepared and tasty. We really appreciated having soup that was available in the evening. It was just what we wanted and the surroundings were pleasant and quiet.

Can't say enough about this hotel being one outstanding facility. If we are back that way again, we would definitely make the hotel our base of operations. Kudos to a great staff, especially our housekeeper, Jessica.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is very clean, staffs are very professional, friendly and helpful. Coffee, soup, soda, fruits, newspaper and ice-cream were given upon arrival.
Free upgrade to a jacuzzi room was given.
Check in and check out was very quick.
Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn express style.
10% off coupon towards nearby Italian restaurant.

Room Tip: Bring your swimsuit..... they have a nice indoor pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
West Lothian, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here once before. Great location, nice rooms, decent breakfast and wonderful staff make this a no brainer when we are driving through PA. Lots of options to eat out nearby and the location is perfect, so close to the interstate. Comfort at an affordable price. We will stay here again for sure and recommend it as a great overnight. Guests are offered complementary drinks and snacks on arrival.

Breakfast is the typical fayre for this type of hotel but they do it very well. Pancake machine and decent sausage and eggs too as well as the usual cereal choices etc. Hostess was so helpful and friendly that we overheard one guest asking if he could have a box to take some breakfast items with him for later. We were sure he was joking but her response was "not problem I'll get something for you!"

Great hotel made even better by the wonderful people that work there. If you are looking for an overight on the way through PA in this neck of the woods then you'd be crazy to stay anywhere else. Lovely over nighter.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
upstate ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

On a family trip to and from South Carolina, we stopped unexpectedly in Meadville on the way home for a night. Luckily we were able to book the last room available with 2 beds without a reservation. This property is lovely, with a friendly helpful staff, and offers thoughtful amenities such as cookies at check in, popcorn in the lobby and Bath and Body Works products in the bathroom. There is a great lobby area with comfortable seating and a little "store", and an indoor pool and hot tub. I agree with other commenters that the rooms are a bit on the small side, but that is to be exepcted as this is not a suites hotel. The room however are spotlessly clean, with a mini fridge, coffee maker, nice tv, and plenty of space for our bags. Beds were super comfortable with plenty of bedding and pillows. Our family believes the highlight was the breakfast buffet. Having stayed in other brands of hotels which offer free breakfast, this was the best yet. With made to order pancakes, along with sausage links, turkey sausage patties, greek and regular yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, toppngs for the yogurt and oatmeal, cereals, bagels, cinnamon rolls, many juice choices and hot beverages, this was super clean, well stocked and the only hotel buffet I have ever been to where a staff member came around to see if the meal was good and could they get us anything else. And they asked twice! Conveniently located right at the highway exit, across from an Applebees and next to a Cracker Barrell, this hotel property really provided a perfect stay. Highly recommended, I wouldn't bother to stay at one of the other hotels in town. If I am ever again in the area, I would definitely not hesitate to book this Holiday Inn Express.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

One of the things I appreciate about Holiday Inn Express is the consistency. You can count on a clean room, comfortable bed and pillows. This Holiday Inn is well run and the facility is up to date. But... get ready for a very small room. You would think you were in a European hotel. In all fairness all the hotels in Meadville are this way. I have stayed in competition and for some reason all the hotels have the same size room. I have not seen rooms this small anywhere in the USA. Since all the room sizes are the same in this city I always stay in the Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast is good, they serve a free light dinner each evening. Popcorn, fruit and cookies are in the lobby. It's a good place to say when in Meadville.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Hampton Inn Meadville
The Riverside Inn
#1 of 1 in Cambridge Springs
Quality Inn and Conference Center
The Seasons Inn at Nick's Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express Meadville? Share your experiences!