“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Bolton, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The staff is the friendliest I have ever met. The little extras like the soup and ice cream in the evening, cookies and popcorn are great! I have to admit the room is a little smaller than most holiday inns but extremely clean. The fitness centre is small but first class with tvs on each machine and overlooking the pool are which is really nice. The staff take a lot of pride in working here and it shows.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel recently while visiting family nearby. The hotel was comfortable & clean & the staff were super-friendly & obliging. We were offered complimentary water or soft drink on arrival & departure, a really nice touch. In the early evening soup & cookies were available in the lobby & ice cream & popcorn were also available if you wanted an evening snack. The complimentary breakfast offered a good range of choices & the dining room staff were so pleasant & helpful.
We would definitely stay here again & recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2014

nice and clean, friendly staff and a great price, close to shopping and plenty of restaurants, they put out a nice selection of food and treats around happy hour, nice pool area, they also have a business center

Bradford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were in Erie for a baseball tournament and would have normally stayed in Erie but due to the "Roar to the Shore" (?) bikers convention all of the rooms in Erie were booked. It ended up being to our benefit as we "discovered" Meadville, a great hotel, and A great restaurant.

The rooms are small (and that is a big deal to me) and yet this is one of the best run hotels I have ever stayed at and I would go out of my way to stay here again. Management has been able to instill in all of its employees (at least the ones that we saw) personal pride in the operations. From the front desk (Liz you rock!), to the little treats that you get on arrival, to housekeeping, to grounds and maintenance. This is a case of a lot of little things equate to one great experience. Example: my husband's reward program was under two different accounts. I believe most hotels would have advised us to call the 800 number to merge them. Liz offered to make the call and let us know at checkout that it was done. I saw the grounds staff/maintenance making rounds outside numerous times to pick up litter, pull weeds, check doors, etc and we were only at this location for one night. I like the recyclable containers near the doors too! Breakfast was solid with a clean space and a nice selection. I appreciated how the woman cleaning the tables cleaned the entire space - no quick 'swill' around the table top here. She removed everything, cleaned, wiped, and then put back. We were in the jacuzzi "suite". For only $20 extra it was worth having the larger bathroom and a great jacuzzi. However, if you are looking for a larger room in upgrading to a "suite" the size of the room is a disappointment. We also enjoyed running - ok my husband ran and I walked :) - the Ernst Trail nearby. It was lovely in the morning (put on bug spray though).

We utilized the 10% coupon provided by the hotel to eat at Chovys (short for anchovy) - the Italian restaurant directly in front of the hotel. An excellent dining experience and definitely not a tourist trap.

Thank you Holiday Inn Express and Meadville for a relaxing experience in Meadville. You have something special...

Room Tip: We stayed in 202 which was the jacuzzi suite. Not large and people coming in from parking lot could...
1 Thank Magabi
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed for four nights and could not have felt more welcome. At check in I was offered a cold bottle of water or a soda, there were freshly baked cookies in bags waiting in the lobby and in the evening you could grab an ice cream treat from the freezer. Breakfast was plentiful with many delicious choices. My room was always fresh and clean, the beds are super comfy and I love having so many pillows to sleep with. Within walking distance are several restaurants so I took advantage of the discount slip from the hotel and had a wonderful evening meal. This was a great stay, one I would repeat happily!

Room Tip: The third floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had stayed at this Holiday Inn Express about 10 years ago when my daughter attended Allegheny College. At that time, this hotel was average. What a pleasant surprise when I stayed there recently. Holiday Inn must have improved this property since then. And what a difference!!

I cannot say enough good things about my stay at this hotel. The personnel were so friendly and accommodating - from the desk clerk, to the breakfast attendants, to the cleaning staff. Everyone was so cheerful and helpful.

The rooms were very nicely decorated, quiet and comfortable. The beds/pillows were very comfortable. I appreciated the coffee pot, microwave, and iron supplied - as well as the samples in the bath area.

The complimentary hot breakfast was the best, freshest and most varied I have enjoyed at a hotel in quite awhile. So many options and well-supplied.

I would deifinitely recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Meadville. I am looking forward to my next stay there.

Champaign
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel goes beyond the usual when it comes to customer service. All staff we encountered from front office (the manager, herself), front desk staff, maintenance, housekeeping and breakfast area staff were outstanding. They all went beyond what we ever might have expected when it came to making our stay comfortable. And the amenities were at least a cut above what we had ever experienced at any other hotel we have stayed in. Breakfast menu was varied and the hot items were well prepared and tasty. We really appreciated having soup that was available in the evening. It was just what we wanted and the surroundings were pleasant and quiet.

Can't say enough about this hotel being one outstanding facility. If we are back that way again, we would definitely make the hotel our base of operations. Kudos to a great staff, especially our housekeeper, Jessica.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Hampton Inn Meadville
Quality Inn and Conference Center
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites
#1 of 1 in Greenville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Meadville? Share your experiences!