“Always a pleasure!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Meadville B&B and Inns
Ilion, New York
“Always a pleasure!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Have stayed in 3 different rooms and each one has been beautiful! Sherry is such a gracious hostess. She has always been so welcoming to us and our daughter who attends college in town! And once you stay, the returning guest discount is amazing!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Roscoe, New York, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was my second stay at Mayor Lord's. Wonderfully comfortable beds (I have stayed in 2 different rooms) very convenient to Allegheny College and WiFi made it a good stay. The breakfast was perfect--a variety of fresh and tasty foods. I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have been staying at Sherry's B&B for almost three now whenever I travel to see my daughter at Allegheny College. The Inn is very clean and welcoming. The breakfasts are hot and delicious. Sherry always goes out of her way to invite my daughter to join us for breakfast as well. I highly recommend Mayor Lord's House to anyone staying in the Meadville area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate K
Meadville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My stay at the Mayor Lord's house in the Baldwin room was absolutely perfect! I went during finals week at school to have a nice place to sleep and relax. I had the option of sleeping there or in my dorm, but after I saw my room and slept in my bed once I wanted to stay there every night! My room was wonderful. The whole house was decorated so nicely and Mrs. Sherry the owner was so pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast was always so delicious made with fresh and local food. My sister visited for a few days and she told me that she would rather spend a weekend at Mayor Lord's for a vacation than go to New York City for a week. I agree with her! It was so peaceful I can not wait to go back again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I've stayed at Mayor Lord's (but I really call it Sherry's) three times. From the very first, it felt like I was staying with family. My grandparents lived in Meadville. After they past away and I returned to town, I stayed in a hotel. I can't tell you how sad that felt. Now that I've found Sherry's I feel like I'm really going home again.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms with adjoining baths, so if that's important to you, book early. Act...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosanne M
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We stayed at Mayor Lord's for a memorial service weekend. Sherry the Innkeeper was welcoming and helpful. The breakfasts were superb, and Sherry went out of her way to accommodate our schedules. The rooms were very clean, and the arrangement of Queen bed plus twin bed in most rooms is unique. It was a convenient arrangement for us as we were traveling with 4 adult children. The arrangement would also be convenient if visiting Allegheny College with your child. The house is very close to the street, which is why Sherry keeps the one room closest to the road for overflow only, but we did not notice any street noise in any of the three rooms we stayed in. There is ample parking off the street in a small lot next door. Parking is a little tight, but works just fine. Our overall experience was very satisfactory and we will definitely stay there again when visiting Meadville. The only issue (not for us) might possibly be the use of incense , which I found very pleasant, but for individuals with allergies might be an issue.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed in the "Mims" suite. There were three of us, and our son was able to have his own room. The bedding was comfortable, there was bottled water provided, and Sherry was very accommodating. The "continental breakfast " is WAY under-billed. It is a fantastic spread. We will be back should our son go to the college.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Hampton Inn Meadville
Comfort Suites
#1 of 2 in Edinboro
The Seasons Inn at Nick's Place
Holiday Inn Express Meadville

Been to Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!