“Right down the street from Allegheny College”

Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Meadville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Mayor Lord's House B&B while on a college visit to Allegheny with my daughter. If you are doing the same, this is an excellent location! It's just two blocks away. Sherry was very kind and a wonderful hostess. The home is lovely, the beds were very comfy, and the breakfast was delicious. We were given a room upgrade for our stay at no extra charge as well since there were a few open rooms that evening. We live a long way off in Texas, but if we find ourselves in Meadville again, we will definitely stay at Mayor Lord's House!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My son and I stayed here for one night while visiting Allegheny College. The owner was very friendly without being "in your business". The home is gorgeous, clean and well furnished. We stayed in the Mims suite. It worked out very well for my son and I as he slept on the twin bed and I on the queen. This suite has separate rooms as well as a kitchenette and private bathroom. The breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, local homemade bread and beverages. We were only 2 minutes away from the college and therefore very handy for those visiting there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have stayed here already a few times and like always, it is exceptional from the bedding, cleanliness, food and the ambience. Absolutely love going to Meadville because of this place. Has charm, character, style, etc with the comforts up modern amenities. She recently upgraded to flat screen TVs in all the rooms but I never seem to want to watch tv while I am there.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Mayor Lord's many times over the last few years, as my parents live in Meadville and it is a wonderful, and our much preferred, place to stay.

We have had the pleasure of staying in the Mims Suite, the Reynolds Room, and the Baldwin Room. Of course it is preferable to have a private bathroom, but when we stayed in the Baldwin Room, using the shared bathroom wasn't at all a problem -- at worst you are sharing with one other guest room. The furniture and decor calls attention to the history of the home without being kitschy, and the beds are incredibly comfortable.

Sherry always has a great spread available for breakfast, and the house itself is wonderful, with modern amenities such as flat screen televisions, wifi, and the automatic door unlock (so cool!) As a young couple, it is an opportunity to appreciate the simpler, and finer, things in life with a little get away to the Mayor Lord's.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Beautiful, comfortable, convenient and delicious... really, a traveler cannot ask for more. Not only is this B&B a top choice in Meadville, it is one of the most pleasant B&Bs we have experienced. Sherry, the innkeeper, is very accommodating, and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We chose Meadville for an anniversary trip destination because Mayor Lord's was well-reviewed, so it's appropriate that it was the highlight of our stay. Sherry is welcoming and delightful, and the house is beautiful and comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight at this B&B last Sunday. We were in town so that our son could participate in an overnight visit at Allegheny College. This B&B was easy to find and the innkeeper was very accessible and accommodating. She even let us drop off our bags early so that we could get up to the college and get my son registered for his event. I wouldn't say that this was the grandest B&B that I've ever stayed in, but it was very clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. The bedroom was bright and cheery and it even came with a brand new flat screen TV. There was a little bit of traffic noise from the street, but it wasn't bad. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable and we slept like logs. The shower was a little bit short (I'm tall), but the water was hot and the bathroom was clean, so no complaints there. Finally, the breakfast was pleasant and it was fun to chat with the innkeeper and fellow guests. This was hands down a better experience than staying at a hotel chain and was cheaper to boot! If we ever find ourselves in Meadville again, I would stay here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter (further from street and further from common areas)