Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast
US$111
Cianci's Motel(Greenville)
US$71
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bvisiting allegheny collegequicheprivate bathmodern amenitieshouse is beautifulmy daughteroatmealother guestsin townbig bathtubthree roomsown bathroomupstairs roomlook forward to our next visitfeel right at homefamily weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2013

You have to be in the mood for a B and B. The personal touch always risks becoming invasive, whereas the hotel experience always risks becoming too bland.
We were lucky that we had the place to ourselves when we visited Allegheny College, but the owner seemed to have the right touch.
Our 2 rooms were quaint, had a big TV to keep the kids quiet, and we left refreshed even though we didn't get in until midnight (owner was very understanding and waited up for us).
Breakfast was not generic.

One caveat, the front rooms are on the road, and sometimes there is some traffic. Owner supplies earplugs, and this does not detract from the 5 stars, at least for me.
Only two blocks from the college.

Excellent stay and would clearly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I cant say enough about Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast!! The house is beautiful and has been kept true to the time period it was built. Sherry, the Innkeeper, also makes every effort to advertise and showcase local venues and business. For example, we ate on locally made pottery. Speaking of eating, our breakfast was very tasty, featuring home made quiche, heart healthy oatmeal, locally made whole grain bread and locally grown blueberries. The rooms were beautiful and extremely clean :) Sherry was so pleasant and very helpful. I also appreciate the modern features- flat screen tv's , cable, and wyfi. And, its only a half hour from all the Erie, PA attractions! Id recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Back rooms and upstairs rooms have less street noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Comfortable beds, tasty and healthy breakfasts, kind and efficient owner, and reasonable price. About a 10 minute walk to Allegheny College, which was a lot better than driving around looking for visitor's parking spots. Warm and toasty indoors, even with inches of snow outside!

If you're visiting Allegheny, you will not regret choosing this over the nearby chain hotels. I happily stayed for four nights and I'll be coming back!

Room Tip: I was lucky enough to be upgraded to the Mims Suite, which has a huge bathtub!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Mayor Lord's House B&B while on a college visit to Allegheny with my daughter. If you are doing the same, this is an excellent location! It's just two blocks away. Sherry was very kind and a wonderful hostess. The home is lovely, the beds were very comfy, and the breakfast was delicious. We were given a room upgrade for our stay at no extra charge as well since there were a few open rooms that evening. We live a long way off in Texas, but if we find ourselves in Meadville again, we will definitely stay at Mayor Lord's House!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My son and I stayed here for one night while visiting Allegheny College. The owner was very friendly without being "in your business". The home is gorgeous, clean and well furnished. We stayed in the Mims suite. It worked out very well for my son and I as he slept on the twin bed and I on the queen. This suite has separate rooms as well as a kitchenette and private bathroom. The breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, local homemade bread and beverages. We were only 2 minutes away from the college and therefore very handy for those visiting there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business