“I'm going to miss Mayor Lord's”

Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Meadville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My daughter has graduated so my five year experience with this lovely B&B has drawn to an end sadly as it keeps getting better. They have expanded their breakfast offerings, and now have flat screen TV's in every room. The mattresses have been upgraded and are very comfy. The location is Wonderful for Allegheny parents. We were able to easily walk to graduation and not have to deal with parking. 2nd Saturdays are market days in Meadville with a farmers market , crafts and live music. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have, Sherry, the proprietor, is just the best!!!!

Room Tip: Their are two rooms with private baths and one with a balcony. Also the Mimms suite has a small kit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed for what must be the 6th or 7th time at this lovely B&B in order to pick up our son from Allegheny College. Our room was clean and fresh, the house was filled with other interesting guests, and our breakfast the next morning was delightful. I will never stay anywhere else in Meadville. The innkeeper Sherry is so warm and helpful.

Room Tip: my favorite room is the one with the outdoor deck on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I first discovered Mayor Lords several years ago on Trip advisor. I was born and raised in Meadville but now live in the Pacific Northwest and go back to Meadville fairly frequently to visit family. Before we discovered M.L.'s, trying to find a decent place to stay regardless of price, that wasn't homophobic, was a true task. Now there is no question. Sherry is a progressive minded, kind person, who goes the extra mile to always be as accommodating as possible. Her breakfasts are the bomb! She uses only the best and local produce (organic when possible) and she always takes special requests. I can't tell you how many times I have requested foods that I never imagined she would be able to buy in a little town like Meadville, but like magic, she pulls it off, and when she places your plate before you its as if you are in a 5 star restaurant! She serves everything on Cambells pottery, a local ceramic studio known all over the world, and sells their pieces as well. Lovely! I can't say enough great things about this place, super clean, beautifully restored victorian colonial house. Also this place is perfect for anyone who has allergies to scents, because she uses scent free cleaners and detergents and if your a super lite sleeper like I am, she even supplies ear plugs! A super comfy bed is also something I need because I have back problems, and her beds are so wonderful, I sleep like a queen! I remember the first time we stayed, we accidentally left behind a phone charger and Sherry found it and called us and then promptly mailed it to us, so that it was waiting for us when we arrived back home in Portland, OR! Who does that? Sherry does! You won't find a better bed and breakfast anywhere in the country! Sherry really makes you feel at home! The only thing that I am sad about is that when word gets out how wonderful this place is, I may have to start booking my room a year in advance! Mayor Lords is the best!

Room Tip: If you are a lite sleeper who is looking to sleep in in the morning, I recommend taking advantage of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I just returned from what may be my last visit to Mayor Lord's for awhile. I stayed there several times over the last few years and am sorry I did not discover it sooner. The rooms are lovely and the linens are like those of a luxury hotel. I've stayed in rooms on both the second and first floor and each has been very comfortable and quiet. It's also within walking distance (or a very short drive) to Allegheny College, whereas all the major hotels are way out near Rte. 86. The breakfast is wonderful. My college student daughter likes it so much that she often comes and spends a night with me when I take one of the several rooms with an extra twin bed -- it's so lovely to have a place to have some quiet time alone with her. It also is great to have wi-fi so I can work, if I choose, and HD tv that gets a great many cable channels. Sherry is warm and welcoming and knows so much about the area. And my experience has been that the other guests are friendly and interesting. When I have traveled elsewhere I've shied away from B&B's because I don't necessarily want to be part of a group. At Mayor Lord's one has all the privacy one could desire, and, at the same time, if one wishes, find fascinating people to share breakfast with -- sometimes visting scholars or lecturers, as well as Allegheny parents or others visiting family or friends in the area. Although I've stayed in just about every hotel in Meadville (even the new Hampton), I'd never dream of staying at any of them again if Sherry had a room available at Mayor Lord's.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed in Mimms Suite with our daughter while visiting Allegheny College- a charming and delightful B & B, close to the school, very comfortable. If daughter ultimately goes to this school we'll be returning many times!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dooonerak
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was our first time staying at Mayor Lord's and should we be traveling that way again, it won't be our last.

Sherry was friendly, efficient, and gave us our pick of available rooms upon arrival. The process of making reservations, checking in, and checking out was a breeze. The WiFi worked as promised, the room was very comfortable and well equipped, and the breakfast, and conversations had there, were wonderful.

Lovely and a great value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a return visit to Mayor Lord's House. Sherry is friendly and efficient. The rooms are very clean and neat. The Library Room is WELL stocked with books. HD TV and WI-FI are nice to have. Breakfast includes breads, eggs, pancakes, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, coffee and a great selection of teas. Often when we travel we are up and going about our business, this time we spent a relaxing morning chatting with other guests in the spacious dining/living room. All-in-all a great value. It is within a 10 minute walk of downtown. One could walk to the college but it's all up hill from here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
Hampton Inn Meadville
Quality Inn and Conference Center
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Meadville

Been to Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!