“I stay at this hotel every time I go to Mechanicsburg which...”

Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stay at this hotel every time I go to Mechanicsburg which is usually one to two times a year. We like the location because it is very close to where my sister-in-law lives. The problem I have is that I sometimes get there before 3pm and want to check in early after an 8 1/2 hour drive. Twice now I have been told to come back after 3pm. In the past the management always made sure I was taken care of. The new management isn't so accommodating in my opinion. The other issue was that the internet had a price of $101 and when I reserved directly with the hotel I was charged $164. Why such a disparity?

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Maxwell G G,

Thank you for choosing Wingate while visiting your family! We are happy to check anyone in early, if we have rooms available. Please understand that on busy weekends, some guests wait until 11 or 12 to check out, giving housekeeping little time to have rooms ready by 12 or 1. For your future visits, call the hotel on the day of your arrival to let us know that you will be arriving early so we will be expecting you and join Wyndham Rewards!

Katie L. Allison

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I booked this hotel through Travelocity for Easter weekend 2014 (Thursday-Sunday). We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children, and I booked (and paid for) a room for 5 people. Upon our arrival, we were given a room with two full-sized beds and no pull-out couch or other sleeping accommodations for our third child. When I returned to the front desk to ask if we'd been assigned the wrong room, I was first told that the hotel didn't have any accommodations other than what I'd assigned, then told I had booked the wrong room (luckily I had both printed the confirmation and had a copy on my phone to show that I had not). When I explained that I had nowhere for my 3rd child to sleep (we certainly didn't bring a sleeping bag or other means for her to sleep on the floor) she hesitantly told me that she'd "do me a favor" by giving me a rollaway to use. She initially told me that I would be charged for the rollaway, but after I had her physically check the reservation again and confirm that I had, indeed, paid for 5 occupants, she then said she'd "do me another favor" and not charge for it.

She did bring the rollaway, but it was huge and made it nearly impossible to walk around the room when it was set up. I have booked many, many hotel rooms for my family of 5 and have never before been given a room that can't accommodate 5 people; I'm not sure if this is a Wyndham policy or not, but we will not stay in a Wingate again. In addition to the bed situation, I was a bit put off by the fact that when I moved the bedside table to plug in my phone I found a significant amount of trash behind it.

Positives of the hotel included the breakfast (the woman who staffed it was quite nice) and the proximity (walking distance) to a Cracker Barrel, which my children enjoyed. It's also relatively close to a grocery store and has easy access to the Turnpike.

aprilchem,

Thank you for your review. Fire code prohibits the use of rollaways in rooms with two double beds and also limits the number of persons in a room to 5 (even infants are counted as a person). I apologize for the misleading information Travelocity provided you with, I was in contact with them directly to address this issue. I strongly recommend making reservations through the hotel for future stays.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had to book a second room even though when I made my reservation the website indicated the room was large enough for 3 adults and two children. The person I dealt with treated me like I was stupid and offered no assistance. I had to book a second room and she would not let me cancel first room or offer me a discount on second room. Accommodations were average. I would not recommend

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Christine B,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. After researching, it appears as though you reserved a King room through expedia.com. Those reservations must be cancelled through expedia and they have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. Our maximum occupancy per room is 5, according fire code. I would be happy to speak with you further. Please call me directly at 717-766-2710.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Reviewed 17 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Reviewed 15 April 2014