“Convenient Stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
West Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a nice little find via hotels.com. I was nearby a great selection of restaurants including some sit-down and some quick. It was about 10 minutes from the airport so that was really nice. I also noticed that it was nearby some shopping areas. I was staying there by myself and felt extremely safe. The breakfast area was neat and tidy with a nice selection of your basic "hotel breakfast": waffles, yogurt, cereal, bagels….but they did have the eggs and sausage choice if you wanted protein instead of carbo loading.

The room as very clean and spacious. It was slightly "used a bit" but honestly nothing more than my own house at home. The wifi was great for business and it was extremely quiet. The beds were very comfortable. I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: I had a king size bed with a couch and the room was HUGE…would have been great for a family of four...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank amberbg
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Amberbg,

Thank you for choosing Wingate Mechanicsburg for your business travel! Our oversized rooms are ideal for the business traveler with leading-edge high speed WiFi technology throughout the hotel, well-lit desks in every room with additional USB/power port stations and wired internet cables, a fitness center, and a full hot breakfast served every morning. All included in our competitive corporate rates!

Thanks again, I look forward to sharing your comments with our team!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

we stayed here for a night and it was horrible, its out dated wallpaper was peeling, stained carpets I even found guck build up on the sink, you can smell everything like food or smokers smoking inside your room. We tried to go swimming and the pool was so full of chlorine our eyes burned walking into the pool room, we went in for 2 minutes and had to get out immediately our son was covered in hives due to the strength of the chlorine ( never has that happen before). The breakfast was so terrible eggs were water (tasteless) coffee was undrinkable. We have stayed at other Wyndhams and never had a stay such like this one at this location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
v a,

I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible.

After diligently researching our records I can find no trace of your reservation. Please contact me directly to discuss this matter further and to ensure that you have the correct property. Please call me at 717-766-2710, I am confident we can make your future stays the best you've ever experienced.

Apex, NC
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We found the Wyndham quite by accident after stopping at the Cracker Barrel which is located next door. We had already had a long day of traveling and decided it was time to stop for the night. The room was lovely and quiet. My husband and I agreed we had our best ever "first night sleep" in a hotel. Breakfast the next morning was great. And the best part was the complimentary wine, beer and sodas in the lobby when we checked in. This was our first stay at a Wyndham and I'll certainly look to the chain the next time we have a hotel stay planned.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ApexmomApex_NC
Apexmom,

I am so happy that you chose Wingate Mechancisburg for your first Wingate experience and that our staff and accommodations exceeded your expectations! We look forward to your returned visits; our hotel is conveniently located near Roundtop Mountain Resort which offers year round fun for the entire family with skiing and snowboarding, snow tubing, zip-lining, OGO balls, mountain biking and mountain trekking!

PA- USA
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had a great 3 night stay at the Wingate. Sasha at the front desk was very kind and helpful. She made our stay even better. The facilities are very clean. Rooms were spacious and well appointed. Pool and breakfast areas were well kept. Breakfast selection was good. They have eggs, meat, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, waffles. Something for everyone. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris L
crelange,

Thank you! Sasha and the rest of our staff go out of their way to ensure everyone feels at home here at the Wingate! I am happy to pass along such wonderful words to our team!

Edgewater, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

No issues with the room, no issues with noise, so issues with sleeping. This may be due to the complimentary beer and wine when I arrived. I also enjoyed the Cracker Barrel restaurant just across the parking lot.
None the less a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rob E
Rob E,

Thank you for your wonderful review! The cracker barrel is conveniently located next to our hotel and we have several other dinning options within walking distance as well!

Thank you for choosing Wingate Mechanicsburg, we hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Clean comfortable room, fair price with a great breakfast included, friendly staff, outstanding service. When my wife was getting a cup of coffee one morning, about a half hour after breakfast was closed and put away, a staff member asked if she had missed breakfast--she would have brought food out just for my wife! Wow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael R
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Michael R,

Thank you for the review! Our breakfast attendants go above and beyond for all our guests, offering the utmost level of service and I'm grateful to pass along such positive words to the staff!