“Great Stay, Clean Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West

Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

It's been a while since I wrote a review about this property. I commute every other week from Charlotte to central PA. I have been staying at the Wingate in Mechanicsburg for going on four years.
Diane and her staff do a great job of making me feel at home. The property is always very clean. Rose and her housekeeping team make sure my room in tip top condition. Breakfast is nicely prepared and displayed. The hotel is very kid friendly.
This hotel is very well located. It is a short hope to Gettysburg, Lancaster, Harrisburg and York. The rates are very competitive for the area.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the odd numbered room. The even numbered rooms face the PA Turnpike.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
1 Thank Potnets
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Potnets,

Thank you very much! We greatly appreciate your continued business and I'm happy to hear that our staff has continued to meet your expectations! I look forward to sharing your kind words to our team, you are our one of our favorite guests!!

Katie Allison
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here more then once, and would stay again. Its close to the college and the price is good as long as its not a real busy weekend. The breakfast area was clean and well kept. What you would expect from a free breakfast good enough to start the day. Staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel is in the same parking lot as a few places to eat as well as a food store and gas station , so things are close if you need them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Alison L,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We strive to offer nothing but the best in service and guest satisfaction! I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast, served daily with eggs, bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, sausage, muffins, cereals, bagels, and homemade oatmeal! What a great way to start the day!

We hope you'll choose Wingate on your next trip to Messiah College! We are the closest hotel to their campus and offer a special rate for parents and guests of the school. We truly enjoy getting to know the families personally!

Katie Allison
West Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a nice little find via hotels.com. I was nearby a great selection of restaurants including some sit-down and some quick. It was about 10 minutes from the airport so that was really nice. I also noticed that it was nearby some shopping areas. I was staying there by myself and felt extremely safe. The breakfast area was neat and tidy with a nice selection of your basic "hotel breakfast": waffles, yogurt, cereal, bagels….but they did have the eggs and sausage choice if you wanted protein instead of carbo loading.

The room as very clean and spacious. It was slightly "used a bit" but honestly nothing more than my own house at home. The wifi was great for business and it was extremely quiet. The beds were very comfortable. I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: I had a king size bed with a couch and the room was HUGE…would have been great for a family of four...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank amberbg
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Amberbg,

Thank you for choosing Wingate Mechanicsburg for your business travel! Our oversized rooms are ideal for the business traveler with leading-edge high speed WiFi technology throughout the hotel, well-lit desks in every room with additional USB/power port stations and wired internet cables, a fitness center, and a full hot breakfast served every morning. All included in our competitive corporate rates!

Thanks again, I look forward to sharing your comments with our team!

Katie L. Allison
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

we stayed here for a night and it was horrible, its out dated wallpaper was peeling, stained carpets I even found guck build up on the sink, you can smell everything like food or smokers smoking inside your room. We tried to go swimming and the pool was so full of chlorine our eyes burned walking into the pool room, we went in for 2 minutes and had to get out immediately our son was covered in hives due to the strength of the chlorine ( never has that happen before). The breakfast was so terrible eggs were water (tasteless) coffee was undrinkable. We have stayed at other Wyndhams and never had a stay such like this one at this location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
v a,

I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible.

After diligently researching our records I can find no trace of your reservation. Please contact me directly to discuss this matter further and to ensure that you have the correct property. Please call me at 717-766-2710, I am confident we can make your future stays the best you've ever experienced.

Katie L. Allison