Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Williamsport
“Family fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed here before. It is a very nice hotel. The staff were very nice and helpful. We stayed here so we could have some family time and really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The breakfast had a nice selection and we really enjoyed it. Our beds were very comfortable. I really like the location as there are some stores and restaurants close by so you have plenty of choices if you need something. We will definitely stay here again when we return to the area which we visit a few times a year. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

2 Thank Barbara D
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Barbara D,

I would like to thank your family for choosing Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg and I'm very happy to hear that our accommodations have met your every need! Our indoor pool and heated spa are open year round so your family can enjoy swimming in any weather! Our area hosts many year-round family fun activities as well with Ski Roundtop Mountain Resort, The Carlisle Sports Emporium, The Coliseum, SkyZone, and The Whitaker Center making our location the perfect stop whenever you find the time to get away!

Katie Allison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Moldy, poor housekeeping services, bad smell. I was on a business trip with 5 others and all of our rooms had something wrong. Definitely not recommend Hotel as it was not cheap but held as we were walking into a motel

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Diane Q, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your review of the opportunity with your guest room. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I have been unable to find your reservation history with us. I would be interested in speaking with you further - please contact me directly regarding this issue.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

It's been a while since I wrote a review about this property. I commute every other week from Charlotte to central PA. I have been staying at the Wingate in Mechanicsburg for going on four years.
Diane and her staff do a great job of making me feel at home. The property is always very clean. Rose and her housekeeping team make sure my room in tip top condition. Breakfast is nicely prepared and displayed. The hotel is very kid friendly.
This hotel is very well located. It is a short hope to Gettysburg, Lancaster, Harrisburg and York. The rates are very competitive for the area.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the odd numbered room. The even numbered rooms face the PA Turnpike.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
1 Thank Potnets
KatieLAllison, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Potnets,

Thank you very much! We greatly appreciate your continued business and I'm happy to hear that our staff has continued to meet your expectations! I look forward to sharing your kind words to our team, you are our one of our favorite guests!!

Katie Allison