Traveling between Rochester, NY and Raleigh, NC, I needed a safe, clean place to stay that would cut my trip at the halfway point. My sister recommended that I try Homewood Suites - she said she has never had a bad experience with them. Boy, was she correct!
I was so tired by the time I got to Mechanicsburg that all I wanted to do was to order some food for delivery, jump into bed, watch tv, and fall asleep. This hotel delivered all of this plus SO much more!
The lady working at the front desk was awesome! I was worried about the impending snow storm and what that could mean for the road conditions in the morning. She took it upon herself to pull up weather reports all the way up Hwy 15 - it was a little too early to know exactly what might happen. She recommended that I decide to travel or not in the morning, but in the meantime, she extended by reservation until Sunday "just in case". After some friendly chit chat, she recommended a WONDERFUL Chinese delivery in the area and let me check into my room two hours early.
The room was an excellent, large two-room suite. It was very clean and comfortable - the furniture didn't feel like I was in a hotel. The bed was simply amazing. I slept like a baby for the first time in almost two weeks away from home. The bed itself was so comfy, but I have to mention that the blanket on the bed was the softest, warmest I've ever used! In the morning, I was happy to find a shower that had great water pressure.
When it was time to leave, a different lady was working at the front desk. She, too, looked up the weather for me all the way to Rochester to see if it seemed safe to drive. Since 'the coast was clear' if I left within the hour, I checked out. I mentioned to her how wonderful the blanket on the bed was. She did some quick calling around for me (evidentally she had to pull someone out of a staff meeting) and I ended up purchasing not one but two of these blankets for home! I've never had such great customer service at a hotel before!
I do need to mention that the breakfast included with the room was even outstanding. I love fruit and muffins for a quick breakfast. Everything was very fresh, lots to choose from, and the coffee was terrific.
Stay at this hotel if you want to feel safe, comfortable and pampered! Next best thing to being at home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite, extended stay hotel is only seven miles from downtown Harrisburg, PA with easy access to the Pennsylvania Turnpike I-76. Enjoy being only 15 minutes from Harrisburg Amtrak and 25 minutes from Harrisburg International (MDT) Airport. Choose a one-bedroom, or two-bedroom, suite with sofa bed for extra sleeping space. Or, upgrade to a suite with a cozy fireplace or relaxing whirlpool tub for an extra calming stay. Our suites also include full kitchens (with a twin-burner stove, microwave oven, coffeemaker, dishwasher and dining table). Each suite also comes with two LCD TVs. Guests who stay at our hotel enjoy our complimentary WiFi, free, full breakfast, business center, 24-Hr Pavilion Pantry Market, complimentary beverage area, basketball court, Pro-Core Certified Fitness Center, outdoor swimming pool and billiards table.Traveling for business? Join us Monday- Thursday evening for our evening socials, beer and wine are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Homewood Suites Mechanicsburg
- Homewood Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Homewood Suites