This was a great stay for our family. We stayed here for 3 nights and went to Hershey Park and Lancaster County to visit the Amish. The drive from Philly was easy, an hour and a half to Lancaster and about 40 minutes from Lancaster to the hotel. We arrived on a Saturday and the hotel was pretty packed. We had a couple of issues with the room that were mostly taken care of - fridge was on the fritz, they gave us a whole new one - room couldn't shake a smoky smell - it's a non-smoking property so not sure why it was that way but it lingered unfortunately. I couldn't bother with switching, we were in the room only to sleep. Housekeeping was excellent, everyone was pleasant and responsive. They did have a hard time keeping up with the breakfast crowd on Sunday am, Mon and Tues were much better. The pool was quite warm, again crowded Sat night - we didn't bother - much better Sun and Mon. The drive to Hershey was bearable, traffic to the park was a bit painful Monday as the park was super packed. Not sure I'd stay this far out in the future but the property was very nice and our stay was great especially compared to the high prices close to the Park. Not really great choices for food close by, it's industrial, the Papa Johns was our best bet, the McDonalds was by far the most disgusting I've been in - in quite some time, I would not return there.Fun pool table on the 2nd floor, basketball court was always busy so we didn't get to play. They have a bunch of noodles to play with in the pool and there is no hot tub. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite, extended stay hotel is only seven miles from downtown Harrisburg, PA with easy access to the Pennsylvania Turnpike I-76. Enjoy being only 15 minutes from Harrisburg Amtrak and 25 minutes from Harrisburg International (MDT) Airport. Choose a one-bedroom, or two-bedroom, suite with sofa bed for extra sleeping space. Or, upgrade to a suite with a cozy fireplace or relaxing whirlpool tub for an extra calming stay. Our suites also include full kitchens (with a twin-burner stove, microwave oven, coffeemaker, dishwasher and dining table). Each suite also comes with two LCD TVs. Guests who stay at our hotel enjoy our complimentary WiFi, free, full breakfast, business center, 24-Hr Pavilion Pantry Market, complimentary beverage area, basketball court, Pro-Core Certified Fitness Center, outdoor swimming pool and billiards table.Traveling for business? Join us Monday- Thursday evening for our evening socials, beer and wine are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Homewood Suites Mechanicsburg
- Homewood Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Homewood Suites